It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Battle Dawn Tribune Issue #3 (MAY 2011)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:25 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

They say it's better late than never. Here you go, our monthly issue of:

The BattleDawn Tribune

Placeholder

Players of the Month

Alliances of the Month

Meet the Staff: Seth

Comic

Jokes

Tips

Comments

Written by: Shion, tellerofpointedstones, Ferr3t, maxattack and Tazmoo

E6A2 #2 M2A1 #9 E3A1 #16 E6A4 #24 E5A3 #24

Post subject: Re: The Battle Dawn Tribune Issue #3 (MAY 2011)
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

~**Players of the Month**~

~**Earth Servers**~
Platinum Sage

He is back again. After a short break from BD, Platinum Sage is back for action. Leading SAGE again as he has always done, his leadership skills and superior tactics have been proven once again. He is extremely active as well. With him back, SAGE will win this era hands down.

~**Mars Servers**~
Chloie

As a player, activity was never a problem, as a leader, his skills and mercy for DETH into a leading position on Mars 3. His skills made him a great warrior and player to the point the world needed to ally allied against him to counter his and DETH dominance. It was him that got DETH back on it's feet after long problematic stories from the inside and what made it possible for them to become #1 alliance.

~**Fantasy Servers**~
Spyda

After a reasonable start as leader, he is now one of the top players in fantasy 4. His levels of activity are extraordinary and his attics, superior to the rest. He has great leadership skills as well and has managed to coordinate his alliance to win multiple wars. He has managed to clinch a top spot in the world for a short while and he now might be able to reclaim that spot.

Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

~**Alliances of the Month**~

~**Earth Servers**~
SAGE

They have been around for many eras. And it looks like they are going to win this one again. Despite criticism from others, they have proven the world wrong with their superior tactics and strategies. With top players like cryptic and no prisoners, this era should be easy for them.

~**Mars Servers**~
IAN

Insert Alliance Name, now known as SYN(Syndrome), has done a marvelous job since the beginning of the round in M4. After starting out playing casual they are now owning the Server with excelente relations and doing the best job in both political and coordination ways. SYN is actually working on winning the round as they’ve done in past Mars rounds and keep the record going.

~**Fantasy Servers**~
UgTB

A remake of POSW, they are back even better than ever. Without MGH, it looks like they might win this era after all. They have stayed out of all wars up till recently when they teamed up with iS and TiS against the TE family. Their teamwork and activity has so far led teem to winning the war and unless the TE family wakes up, they will win the war. If they win this war, they will win the era.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:26 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

~**Meet the staff: Ferr3T**~

So, this time the chance comes four our newest Moderator Ferr3t, who has had a flash pass through the Maintenance Team to the Junior Staff and now, official moderation in forums.

S: Hello there Ferret, how are you?

F: I'm quite fine thank-you

S: Enjoying a good time then? Dont you have work to do? As Maintenance Team and Moderation Staff I'd imagine you'd have lots of work to do

F: Well, I've acually been working quite hard lately.. Two eras, doing work for the Maintenance Team AND doing mod work! I just spent two days writing an extensive guide to modding.. Hope it helps out the Jrs or I will be very, very mad. Fortunatly for me, I've got quite a lot of time on my hands and I enjoy helping out.

S: I'm assuming then that you are either young and you are enjoying vacations time or you are an old lazy not working war veteran

F: Hehe, as tempting as it sounds to chose the second option, I'll be hounest with you. I'm a 15 year old school student enjoying a 2 week holiday

S: So you are you are young AND helpful, thats a pretty strange combination these days I must say. I suppose it's been tough for you to climb the moderation ranks so fast as you have

F: Hehe, you would be surprised how hard many of us are willing to work if the incentive is there! All of these promotions are actually quite unexpected! I was almost perma banned from the forums almost 6 months ago, now I'm taking record time for the transition from Jr to full mod! It required hard work but was defiantly worth it.

S: I must say I'm quite surprised to read that and I'm sure I'm not the only one. From ALMOST perma-banned to form part of the official Moderation team...

I suppose you were a real mess before becoming a Moderator right? why were you almost perma banned?

F: Well, it's quite a long story.. In short, I had an argument with one of the previous Head Mods which got me into a little bit of a sticky situation, 7 official board warnings and no way out of it.. Then, Simmen came to my rescue by cooling things down.. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here today

S: So I assume Simmen was the one responsible for your introduction to the Moderation team, did he recruited you?

F: Well, right before I was recruited I had recovered the Battle Dawn Wiki after a troublesome ex-mod erased everything - Simmen knew that I was looking to join the Maintenance Team so he suggested to Tom (The Head Mod) that I was to be recruited. Tom went the extra mile and invited me into modship if I cleaned up my act.. I was so surprised I almost fell out of my chair.

S: I'm sure you are not the only one that fell out of the chair Then, after such a troublesome past have you been seen as the black sheep among the Moderation Staff?

F: Luckily for me, I was welcomed in with open arms. I think some people had some doubts about me but they were quickly squished.. Deep inside, I really am a nice guy (Atleast I think I am.. 0_o)

S: Now, now, you seem like a good guy after all, from a mess to a rule enforcer, what a change!

S: Do you have had such drastic changes in real life too? As a teenager I'm willing to bet you do

F: Oh that's a big yes.. I feel that after gaining the responsibility my maturity has atleast doubled.. (Or it might be the other way around.. No way to know ) I've also seen my spelling improve. The only con would be all the time it takes, less time for homework which means I have to compensate with my recreation time..

S: I suppose you sacrifice your hobbies time then?

F: Are you crazy?! This is my hobby!

S: Don't you like sports? I'm sure our readers would like to know more about your personal life

F: I'm quite a basketball fanatic at school and I'm approaching a red belt in Taekwondo.. *wuah!* But this takes up MUCH more time than either of those two combined

S: So your life has had a 180º turn since you joined the team but still have a big chunck of reality taste, thats nice.

S: And, your family doesnt say anything about your newest hobby?

F: Fortunately, my parents thinks it's good for me - says it's making me a better person to deal with.. My sister doesn't really have any feelings towards BD AFTER she got herself a laptop..

S: You cannot expect everyone in the family to like the same things do you?

S: I'm sure you are a great BattleDawn player too right? Any tip you want to give to the community readers?

F: Stay active, never give up and check out the Adopt-A-Newb Centre if you're constantly having troubles

S: With this we finish our current Month interview, thanks Ferr3t for your time and patience and until next time Tribune readers and good night

F: Hehe, no worries! Good night from Australia

S= Shion
F= Ferr3T

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:26 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

~**Fast Comic**~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:27 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

~**Jokes**~

This month’s theme: Chuck Norris! Enjoy ☺

Dinosaurs crossed Chuck Norris. Once.

Chuck Norris won American Idol using sign language.

Ghosts sit around the camp fire and tell Chuck Norris stories.

Chuck Norris won World Series poker using Pokémon cards.

Chuck Norris’s foot is more accurate than a ruler.

Chuck Norris died 20 years ago; death just hasn’t built up the courage to tell him yet.

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars, that’s why there are no signs of life.

Once a police officer pulled over Chuck Norris. The police officer was lucky enough to escape with a warning.

Chuck Norris finished reading Facebook.

Chuck Norris can cut though a hot knife with butter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:28 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

~**Tips**~

Nukes/Dragons coordination
When attacking you will need the most advantage, why not shooting a Nuke/Dragon? (Depending on the theme you are playing) They not only kill 10 percent of the enemy army but also lower the life of every remaining unit to 1. You just have to make sure your squads arrive at the same time or after the nuke hits. Squads that arrive at the same time do not suffer the effects of the exploding nuke.

Account Sharing
Account sharing is defined as the act of sharing your account information (username and password) with a different person (other than you) with the purpose of using it for practical purposes (conquering other colonies, giving away resources, moving troops, moving relics, etc). It is considered a big lack of respect towards your members that don’t feel like doing so and will get you banned. It can derivate in many other problems like a bad use of the account to hack and destroy alliances and such things. Then again, don’t try it.

Communication
Keep your alliance communicated. Talk to your members, make them feel comfortable with the way you manage the alliance. They must feel themselves identified with your cause, with you if possible. A united alliance works better than individual efforts.
Remember, no communication means you don’t know your members, you don’t know how they feel and it can provoke bad issues like backstabs and people leaving your alliance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:31 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

~**Comments**~

Have any questions, comments, concerns? Then please, post your comments below, we'd love the feedback. We ask you to please be literate in your posts, just so we can read it, in other words, try to avoid txt language. Also please makre sure your posts follow the forum rules, as always. Now that that's done, give us your feedback, we'd love to improve the tribune

Remember, we are here, because of you :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:01 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Bravo.

Bests: R#12| XTAL# 36| Relics: 1 | Sword of BlitzKriege
Part of: NR | UD | UDX and Former Siggy Maker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:54 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 WWW  Profile

WTS THIS? can someone message me wat this is plz cuz i dont wanna read all of this! When u message it to me make sure its no more than 0 sentences. THANX! xD

The 501st 501
The Elite Noobs TeN
xD

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next