It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Art of Sniping...
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:54 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

In BD it's an unwritten rule not to snipe.. But still even experienced players snipe all the time. They talk about their honor, they are proud of their achievements (winning era's), they are proud of the name of their ally..
But... the way they play has nothing to do with honor. I wonder if they manage to win era's if they are just as decent as most players. Even their leader - saying that no one should snipe and play fair - snipes!!!. It's just keeping up appearences. Announce to the world what your values are about fair play and sniping, and violate them a minute later. That's even worse than just admitting you snipe.
Strawberry asked Andrew to add the time of attack to the game. A GREAT idea!! This way all the real decent players can prove they attacked earlier than the sniper. I wonder if some high ranked ally will still manage to win era's if someone can prove he was earlier... If they think their reputation will be at stake (for some uncomprehensible reason they still think they have a great reputation), they may be more careful.. and I doubt they will win ever again.. But winning era's work as an addiction.. and I guess their addiction is stronger than the prove they snipe.
For players still not knowing the unwritten rule: After you attack a target, REFRESH!!. If someone was faster than you, bad luck...call your squad(s) back. Next time be faster..

Post subject: Re: The Art of Sniping...
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:31 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

All those things you said, can apply to members within alliances. This is not about handing stuff out to other alliances on a platter. There will always be competition, you just have to make sure you get what you want. It is for this reason that alliances generally have territorial NAPs so that they dont get in each others way. In cases where you share territory, there will always be cases where one guy is more active than the other.

Sniping is also relative. You can send with eta 3 and if someone else does the same, is it sniping? According to him you could be sniping him. You can argue on and on. Its for this reason, I generally send more than necessary to get a crystal for example.

Apart from all of this all I hear is a frustrated rant from someone who doesn't wanna learn the game :P

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:45 am 
Corporal
Corporal

mfreak wrote:
All those things you said, can apply to members within alliances. This is not about handing stuff out to other alliances on a platter. There will always be competition, you just have to make sure you get what you want. It is for this reason that alliances generally have territorial NAPs so that they dont get in each others way. In cases where you share territory, there will always be cases where one guy is more active than the other. :P

You're wrong dude. This is about behaviour.. It has nothing to do with alliances. And don't talk about territorial NAPs. IAN (or SYN --> must be a typo.. you write sin with an I ... although Syndrome... SNIPING syndrome?), you violate NAPs when its convenient for you.

mfreak wrote:
Sniping is also relative. You can send with eta 3 and if someone else does the same, is it sniping? According to him you could be sniping him. You can argue on and on. Its for this reason, I generally send more than necessary to get a crystal for example. :P

Unbelievable a guy claiming he is so experienced (yeah... in sniping) say things like this. There is nothing relative about it. It's about decency, sportmenship. Sniping shows people are greedy. You're trying to talk things straight, while it is wrong.

mfreak wrote:
Apart from all of this all I hear is a frustrated rant from someone who doesn't wanna learn the game :P

I'm used to the way you patronize and humiliate me. I don't care. I even think it's funny. You can't help it. It's just in your character.. You're just showing what kind of kid you are.. Come on... expose yourself again...

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:58 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
You're wrong dude. This is about behaviour.. It has nothing to do with alliances. And don't talk about territorial NAPs. IAN (or SYN --> must be a typo.. you write sin with an I ... although Syndrome... SNIPING syndrome?), you violate NAPs when its convenient for you.

When have we even violated any NAP? Can you give one instance?

I am Greedy yes. I am greedy for my alliance, and I want them to have everything, and I and my teammates will do anything to make that happen. We aren't too ashamed of that. If you cant have a good team, then dont blame others that work hard.

Lastly I dont patronize or humiliate anyone, as long as they make some sense in what they say or do. Experience doesn't matter here. All I see is, a guy crying foul if things dont go his way (Like if he cant mobilize enough forces to take a relic) etc., even though the relic was released close to your alliance, in a neutral area.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:46 am 
Corporal
Corporal

mfreak wrote:
Quote:
When have we even violated any NAP? Can you give one instance?

How about attacking 11. It wasn't absolutely necessary to enter the 12 ticks zone, but you still did.
Quote:
I am Greedy yes. I am greedy for my alliance, and I want them to have everything, and I and my teammates will do anything to make that happen. We aren't too ashamed of that.

Yeah, no matter what. Really an honorable way to win era's. You are convinced you can only win era's playing like this. Well, take a look at M3 for instance. TGT won that era with honor. It IS possible to win it in a decent way, only you don't know that yet (and looking the way you talk I'm sure you'll never know).
Quote:
If you cant have a good team, then dont blame others that work hard.

Hmm.. I thought this topic was about sniping... It doesn't have anything to do with having a good team or not. I don't blame anyone working hard in a DECENT way; I blame all that work hard in an indecent way. Behaviour like this should be banned.
Quote:
Lastly I dont patronize or humiliate anyone, as long as they make some sense in what they say or do. Experience doesn't matter here. All I see is, a guy crying foul if things dont go his way (Like if he cant mobilize enough forces to take a relic) etc., even though the relic was released close to your alliance, in a neutral area.

No, in YOUR eyes you don't patronize or humiliate me.... But that's in YOUR eyes.. You cannot see how someone else experience the way you express yourself. You're too happy with yourself.
And what gives you the impulse to start a subject on a relic, while this topic is about sniping... If you want to express yourself about this (what happened ages ago), start a new topic.. I know it still bothers you. But take it easy dude.. Let it go.. If you can't, consider counseling... When things happened in the past still burdens you, you lost your balance..

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:56 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
How about attacking 11. It wasn't absolutely necessary to enter the 12 ticks zone, but you still did.

To attack an alliance located 6 ticks from your colonies, we have to come close. Notification was given that we would enter and attack them and we didn't attack any of your outposts. By then NATO had also broken up. So the NAP is actually not valid anymore. We still choose to honor it, and have not made any aggressive moves whatsoever. So am not really sure what you are talking about.

Quote:
Yeah, no matter what. Really an honorable way to win era's. You are convinced you can only win era's playing like this. Well, take a look at M3 for instance. TGT won that era with honor. It IS possible to win it in a decent way, only you don't know that yet (and looking the way you talk I'm sure you'll never know).

Yeah, I dont need you, a guy that has played 1 month, who doesn't even understand game mechanics completely to comment on our honor. Secondly, we haven't sniped anyone. Competition does exist when you share areas, but if you think we dont play a straight game then you are seriously deluded, and it just means that you keep whining about things that are not entirely in your favor.

Quote:
No, in YOUR eyes you don't patronize or humiliate me.... But that's in YOUR eyes.. You cannot see how someone else experience the way you express yourself. You're too happy with yourself.
And what gives you the impulse to start a subject on a relic, while this topic is about sniping... If you want to express yourself about this (what happened ages ago), start a new topic.. I know it still bothers you. But take it easy dude.. Let it go.. If you can't, consider counseling... When things happened in the past still burdens you, you lost your balance..

Read what I wrote properly. I didn't say, I NEVER patronize people. I just said, I never do that to people that make sense about what they are talking. In this case, you are complaining about something, simply because you couldn't keep up. That in the first place is not fair, and secondly it just shows there are things you need to learn about the game.

Now the relic thing was just an example. Quit getting your panties in a bind over it. :lol: You are seriously deluded to think that I am all burdened and bothered about something that only YOU consider wrong.

Quote:
Hmm.. I thought this topic was about sniping... It doesn't have anything to do with having a good team or not. I don't blame anyone working hard in a DECENT way; I blame all that work hard in an indecent way. Behavior like this should be banned.

Of course this topic is about sniping. Tell me why did you leave SYN/IAN? I'll tell you why, I can even show you a copy of the emails you wrote Ilona. First, you didn't want a NAP, and according to you NAPs were for P***. Secondly, when Ilona asked you to turn, and let NATO have a couple of conquers, that ruffled your feathers and you left. You left because Ilona asked you NOT TO SNIPE. Now I find this topic started by you, and I can only think of it as hypocritical, and a rant by a person that refuses to learn and is totally frustrated.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:09 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Is this an educational threat or QQ thread? I'm still trying to figure it out.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:26 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Even I dont :?

This guy dont understand easily :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:38 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Anarchist69x wrote:
Is this an educational threat or QQ thread? I'm still trying to figure it out.

Well, actually this should be an educational thread. But for some obvious reason, this dude has an compelling desire trying to patronize and humiliate me only because I left his ally and I expose the way they behave in this game.
This topic is about the bad habit of sniping. I try to make this subject discussable, and the one speaking for his ally who mastered the Art of Sniping comes with aquisations that never hit the spot of the topic. I challenge everyone to catch me sniping someone. It will never happen because I'm decent, and always refresh after starting an attack, and recall if I was too late. I even don't jam near gates (which they do too)
And talking as if I'm out of my mind, and don't understand a single thing of this game, well, I don't know what you think about it, but if the way they play this game is the proper way, than indeed this is not a game for me. This guy just loses his temper again and again. It's a sign of weakness. Everytime he's talking about the past.
I'm sure he'll respond to this too, saying I'm wrong and pathetic. Let him go.. He just shows who is really pathetic..

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:46 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

First of all, answer the questions. Why did you leave SYN/IAN? It was because we asked you not to snipe. You couldn't agree and you left. Second of all, you hardly conquer. So there is no question of whether you snipe or not. Thirdly, there is nothing to discuss about sniping as such as a topic. Lastly its you that is making all the accusations about how dishonorable and indecent we are. We aren't doing that. And if you think you are "exposing" something, then like I said you are just deluded and in your own world.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next