It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Logging in game/forums
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:25 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

Hi,

I've had enough of constantly logging into the forums and game that I just have to create a post to express it.

Game Play:
I have found, whether at work or home, that I log in and immediatly lose connection.

Example: Log in, open Orders, open recruit, create unit.... unit doesn't get created. Opening any other screen or doing anything else doesn't happen. The "loading" cursor will show for a second and return to normal.

I have to refresh the entire window, log back and continue. Only to find that I usually can perform one thing and lose connection. I'm finding that on a server like E1, I'm logging in more than I'm playing. I lose so many minutes by doing so.

Forums:
Again whether at work or home, I'm finding that I login, the screen shows that I logged in, then it redirects me to the forums and I'm logged out. I get logged out just looking around posts, or replying.

At home I'm running IE8 and it never gets past the login screen. So I'm thinking it's something to do with IE8. At work it's IE7.

These connections issues is really starting to get to me and I'm getting to the point where it is no longer "fun" to play.

Thank you.

PS. I have cleared my temp int files and cookies to no avail.
PSS. This is the 4 time I had to log in just to post this.

Post subject: Re: Logging in game/forums
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Could you give us some connection details please? Do you have a dynamic IP? Whats the speed of your connection?

You could try an other browser, FireFox is the official BD Recommended browser. Google Chrome seems to work for a large quantity of players to ;).

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:03 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

At home my IP is dynamic both on the ISP side and internal.

At work the external IP is static, while the computers within are dynamic.

The thing is, the old forum and the old client didn't have problems with IE what so ever.

And before all the updates the new client was fine. I'm finding this problem in the last week or two.

Are you able to see my login log? You'll see that I log in and not even a minute later, I'm logging in again.

So your "fix" is to switch to a different browser.

FYI: i do not mean that I lose connection to the internet. It just seems as if I lose connection to the BD servers since it can't pull or send any information until I login again and reestablish a new session.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:05 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

The client has be really glitchy currently, simply because it still has some bugs. The programmers are working on it and if you've tried everything possible your end, then I don't know what else to suggest. Even I sometimes find that the client doesn't respond at all, however if I refresh the entire page, it tends to work again. Try clearing the cache and refreshing. It works for me, so I hope it works for you too ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:18 am 
Private
Private

and yet they still charging us full price to donate.... seems fair.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]