It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The situation of Spam.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:36 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2158
Location: ¯\(0_o)/¯
Gender: male
I eated it.

_________________
XPND, RDOG, POSW, UgTB, CFOP

Ex-Moderator


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The situation of Spam.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:28 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:25 pm
Posts: 2535
evidently

_________________
Socialite. Has-been.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The situation of Spam.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:30 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4745
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
Ronelm, go away. Seriously. The reason spam is dead is because all of the old spammers are gone, and these new annoying spammers took their spots. Simmen's busy being an admin on kong, red dissapeared. So It's just me and num nums. The mods are talking about something we can do to get more people to the forums, but it isn't easy. Be patient.

_________________
Image
AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The situation of Spam.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:31 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:25 pm
Posts: 2535
Dont you mean the mods AND the manteinence team?

_________________
Socialite. Has-been.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The situation of Spam.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:35 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4745
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
Yes, lol.

_________________
Image
AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The situation of Spam.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:31 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:21 am
Posts: 9
A storm came and whiped Spam out


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The situation of Spam.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:50 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:38 am
Posts: 2969
Location: Broome, Western Australia
Gender: male
apollo wrote:
Ronelm, go away. Seriously. The reason spam is dead is because all of the old spammers are gone, and these new annoying spammers took their spots. Simmen's busy being an admin on kong, red dissapeared. So It's just me and num nums. The mods are talking about something we can do to get more people to the forums, but it isn't easy. Be patient.
You calling me a num nut? You seriously thought no new gen would read this? Without people like me spam would be 100% gone, wiped out. There would be approximately 3-5 spammers that would eventually leave due to the low numbers. I take offence how you just refured to the new generation, the way I see it is all the old spammers played for a couple of years then got lives - a new generation that is DIFFERENT and not as mature (younger) have taken their places. Things change, you need to learn to adapt.. Not go calling new things that are a little different num nuts..

_________________
Retired Head Mod

Image

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212


Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The situation of Spam.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:38 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 1127
Location: In between life and death...
Gender: male
Well, Spam is dead because people focus more on the less-word spam threads and also, because when people are so used to less-word threads,they avoid posting in paragraph-long-posting topics and so, because of this, they stick to less-word threads and soon get bored of less-word threads and leave.

---~~~===+++Case Closed+++===~~~---

_________________
Image
IGN: Zodiac
RETIRED :D


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The situation of Spam.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:34 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:54 am
Posts: 853
Location: Land - Plains Swamp
pbleebait wrote:
Well, Spam is dead because people focus more on the less-word spam threads and also, because when people are so used to less-word threads,they avoid posting in paragraph-long-posting topics and so, because of this, they stick to less-word threads and soon get bored of less-word threads and leave.

---~~~===+++Case Closed+++===~~~---


Well said. Additionally, newer people aren't exactly being made to feel welcome. Take this reply to a suggestion. Admittedly, it was in the wrong section and hard to understand, but it certainly didn't warrant a response like
shadow51981 wrote:
i suggest you to stop logging in to the forum.. especially when you got nothing but crap!
.

That was recent, just a few hours ago, but there have been many examples of this sort of thing. Not only is it rude, it is scaring new people off and killing the forum. The mods should really clamp down on this sort of thing.

_________________
Battle Dawn Wiki.
W1lll is not currently here. Please leave a message after the tone.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: The situation of Spam.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:40 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2158
Location: ¯\(0_o)/¯
Gender: male
Ferr3t wrote:
apollo wrote:
Ronelm, go away. Seriously. The reason spam is dead is because all of the old spammers are gone, and these new annoying spammers took their spots. Simmen's busy being an admin on kong, red dissapeared. So It's just me and num nums. The mods are talking about something we can do to get more people to the forums, but it isn't easy. Be patient.
You calling me a num nut? You seriously thought no new gen would read this? Without people like me spam would be 100% gone, wiped out. There would be approximately 3-5 spammers that would eventually leave due to the low numbers. I take offence how you just refured to the new generation, the way I see it is all the old spammers played for a couple of years then got lives - a new generation that is DIFFERENT and not as mature (younger) have taken their places. Things change, you need to learn to adapt.. Not go calling new things that are a little different num nuts..

Wow. He said num nums. As in "Numair". Read before you post ;)

_________________
XPND, RDOG, POSW, UgTB, CFOP

Ex-Moderator


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl