It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: question about battle tactics
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:35 am 
Private
Private

i found this in a guied

Squad Building

I've got a couple squad builds I like to use, here are a few and pros+cons for each.
1. 3 armored units 2 damage units 5 range units
Pro: Got a good mix of damage and range to be effective at destroying enemy units.
Con: Not very many armored units could make a mess of things for you.
2. 3 armored units 7 range units
Pro: Very good for an enemy with alot of armor, slices right through.
Con: Not very many armored units could get you in trouble.

3. 4 armored units 3 damage units 3 range units
Pro: Very balanced squad, good for taking most opponents down.
Con: Not very many range can prove fatal against an opponent with many range units.

Now to figure out what each of these builds would be for Vehicles and tanks, take each of the numbers and multiply them by 1.5 for vehicles, and 3 for infantry.
Example: 3-2-5 = 5-3-7 for vehicles, and 9-6-15 for infantry.

my question is for expample
can i combine vehicles and tank, infantry and still be eficient?(like above)

squad1: 3 tanks(armor), 6 infantery(damage),15 infantry(range)

Post subject: Re: question about battle tactics
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:45 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Read the blue to answer your question but I recommend you read the white too, will be useful :)

Ok, I recommend using armour and range on a ratio of 1:2 - 1:3 (Damage is not cost effective)

Squad of inf:
10 armour 20 range

Squad of vech:
5 armour 10 range

Squad of tanks:
3 armour 7 range

Answering your second question:

As a new player I wondered the same thing but if you think about it the enemy usually builds

1/3 anti inf
1/3 anti vech
1/3 anti tank

So, by using a SINGLE chassis only 1/3 if the enemy units would hit 100% damage, the others wouldn't.

Inf armour protects inf damage and range, vech armour only protects vech damage and range and tank armour only protects tank damage and range. Therefore using vech to protect inf would be useless.

More info of the battle system:
http://wiki.battledawn.com/index.php/Battle_System

More info on unit types and how they work:
http://wiki.battledawn.com/index.php/Mi ... Unit_Types

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ferr3t on Wed May 18, 2011 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:02 pm 
Private
Private

Personally,I like damage.We are only using infantry for my example.I would make 120+ armor infantry,dosent matter if its peirce or or slash or crush.Then 60 range,and 30 damage.Thereason I dont think damage is useless is because if you have a ton of armor units,the enemy oly attacks the armor til they are ALL gone.So it might take them a while to get them all gone alltogether since you have alot,so the battle will go on for more than 2-3 rounds.And since it will be over 2 rounds,and damagge dosent hit til the second round,they will be hit hard from damage and range but mostly damage.So when the enemy has the 3 heavy range units(and everyone does that),you will have an advantage.Thats my personal thought about that.Mostly I use infantry cuz they dont get too expensive and they CAN take down cavalry and heavies both.And if you really want alot of damage(and everyone does),use heavy damage units(I love those units). :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:28 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I recommend an infantry based army, with a ratio of 9 Armour: 21 Ranged per squad. Infantry is cheap to build and to replace, as well as it is a good deterrent for the most part: a hostile enemy scans you and sees about a hundred infantry on your colony defending. He will most likely reconsider.

But of course, don't restrict yourself to just infantry, seeing as many newer players tend to use tanks, thinking that they are the greatest units. This for the most part isn't true. Have a few squads of anti-tank vehicles, 1 Armoured: 3 Ranged as described.

Don't use Damage past tick 200, or in the later stages of a round, because although they give you an edge in the early stages for conquering and such, they become a detriment against a Ranged army.

trojanman wrote:
Personally,I like damage.We are only using infantry for my example.I would make 120+ armor infantry,dosent matter if its peirce or or slash or crush.Then 60 range,and 30 damage.Thereason I dont think damage is useless is because if you have a ton of armor units,the enemy oly attacks the armor til they are ALL gone.So it might take them a while to get them all gone alltogether since you have alot,so the battle will go on for more than 2-3 rounds.And since it will be over 2 rounds,and damagge dosent hit til the second round,they will be hit hard from damage and range but mostly damage.So when the enemy has the 3 heavy range units(and everyone does that),you will have an advantage.Thats my personal thought about that.Mostly I use infantry cuz they dont get too expensive and they CAN take down cavalry and heavies both.And if you really want alot of damage(and everyone does),use heavy damage units(I love those units). :)

What would you prefer, a few losses with a Ranged army and a battle ended in one round, or your whole Armour sets destroyed for a bitter and costly victory? Using Damage allows your enemy to cut into your army deeper, and you spend more on restocking your squads than necessary.

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:47 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Damage is far less efficient, useless in Spy and Nuke wars and in almost all of the battles it does less damage effectively then Range (Ironic uh?).

So no, never use damage.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:04 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Winters wrote:
Damage is far less efficient, useless in Spy and Nuke wars and in almost all of the battles it does less damage effectively then Range (Ironic uh?).

So no, never use damage.

seconded

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:51 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Only time you should ever build damage is at the very start of a round until you have majority of your buildings built. They are stronger against very small numbers but in large battles they're not useful at all.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:54 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Actually in the start if you got a few tokens, Range can be a major card to play.

Because people count on Armour or Damage armies, they will send comparable damage units all the time and end up losing to range :P

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:12 pm 
Private
Private
 WWW  Profile

use range upgrade and beam weapon
better percision than explosive :D

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:06 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

i think that you should use armour and range, no damage. Those are pretty much useless.

TCA#1
M#1
Proud member of NR WIND and TFF
"I stopped working for drugs when they stopped working for me."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]