It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: DE, KO, UTM vs GALA, HANG, and RAGE and AL
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:15 am 
Corporal
Corporal

I guess the round has almost ended. GALA will give their relics to SYN or vice versa and it ends...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RAGE--BOLT--UTM--BoS--AF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:23 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

I wish I could've joined in this era but E3 was too important. I'll be joining next era though! hopefully RAGE again if not, a top 5 alliance!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:08 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Ok cool. ;)

RAGE--BOLT--UTM--BoS--AF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:03 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Get the win or die tryin' ....

DE knows what i mean :)

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:56 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Lol gipsy.

RAGE--BOLT--UTM--BoS--AF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Hi guys, this is my first post here. As a noob i do not know nothing about previous rounds and have no "private" enemys here.

I hould like to make one analisys of what happened in the last ticks, i will be only talking about strategy and will not enter in personal judgements and will apreciate any feed back so we all can learn. For any imprecision or mistake i also hould apreciate any imput.

So, starting from AL move: AL/DE
At that time AL had a big army and around 200 cristals.
We get orders to move to DE, that was the right strategical decision forcing DE to relocate troops up north giving space to they enemys push forward.
The timing was horrible, AL move when there was truce DE/HANG.
There was also one big tactical mistake, to send all armys to the same op and wait there for 3 days. Making the DE victory even bigger if you count with the energy that was used to ionize around 15 missiles.
After 3 days (in the Cridthmas night) DE moved to take DE (sorry but was more that 4 players, they was 8 or 9, as anyone can see in the report posted).
After that victory DE made one big mistake, at that moment AL had no army, only Nix (that was inteligent enought to do not follow orders) had army at the time, DE should have try to push a litle to see what they get, JUlius army was enought to take us at the time.
I was going from op to op with 10 squads made of 1 unit just to be seen, that was my all army.
So, DE lost the chance to get 200 cristals in that time and this game will be very diferent if they made that move.
After i understand that DE will not go for AL cristals i had to move out from AL, i did not share the strategical view of the lider so i moved to GALA.
--This tooke me 2 days with 6 hours sleep for me :)

GALA/WI
Arriving to GALA i notest one missil base beeing set to hit WI, after a few days WI was getting around 10 to 12 missiles in they colonys per day. I think its obvious that when this happens that means that is the beiggining to the end so WI made the only move they can do.
They came to take the missil base, theres no other option... the timing was horrible, at that time HANG was pushing to go to the relics.
The WI attack was made with no planning... not even bring spys to protect they armys and they made the classical mistake everyone made at least once. They leave the army sleeping in enemy territory (AL did it also) so until next day they had to ionize 6 or 7 missiles, one of the members did not get on line and was sacrified and leaved behind.
I just didnt understand why WI decided to move to the hive instead to the missile base... they had 3 to 4 ticks to the travel time back... this was the biggest mistake.
At that moment HANG was taking the first relics, and i knew that WI had to go back, it was obvious. So i follow they armys and wait for my chance.
In the moment i saw the WI army going afte the HANG relic i move foward, i hould not make the same mistake that DE did before. Arrived to WI hive only immortal was on line trying to defend with only 8 squads.
We fight for several hours in the "op dance" and i was waiting to see at any moment the WI army returning, but nothing, immortal was completely outnumbered and he did all hes best but i had much more units and tooke all silos.
At this moment start to arrive the first member of GALA (BlackSp) to help me and others was on the move. We get the news that WI army was almost dead stil,l they had some squads but greatly outnumbered so it was just go there to take.
We was lucky because the 3 - 4 tick they took longer was crucial and several members of GALA wented on line earlier that day.
I bealive that WI should had only defend one relic and let the other go never leaving they hive unprotected or only protected by some off line members and one inactive (Captain)
-- tis time i was 48 hours on line with 2 hours sleep :)

Well, i hope i was faithfull to the events that happened for any imprecision i am sorry and hould apreciate any correction.
This game have much more to be said any way this is my contribuition to try to help everyone understanding what happenned.

This is my analysis, but what i know? i am just a noob :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

I love reading these kinds of battle reports. :) Well done sir.

As far as DE not capitalizing on the destruction of the AL army. We simply couldn't do it. If we were only fighting AL sure we would have raced in and taken what we could. But around the time of the destruction of the AL army, the truce was ending with HANG, plus we still had MSF, AF, GALA, G2, HAVG SAGE, RAGE all actively attacking us, to move on AL would leave our colonies defenseless.

Of course UTM was a huge help (most worthless allies ever...again UTM should NOT be in the title of this thread)

McCragge

Mars1 Age2 - DETH #6 (oc) | Mars2 Age4 - DETH #1 (nc)
Mars1 Age3 - DETH #2 (oc) | Fant6 Age5 - DETH #1 (nc)
Mars1 Age4 - DETH #1 (oc)
Mars1 Age5 - DETX #3 (oc)
Mars1 Age6 - DETH #1 (oc)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:55 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Yes, you are right... by the moment AL finished the mass suicide the truce was finished, but what i mean is Julius was making security in all that area if he alone was gonne a litle foward just to check... he will have a surprise, at that time i gave order to AL members to do emergency relocation outposts next to some friendly alliance... we was so bad like that.
It was strange for me that he didnt even sended scouts, i feel that there was only one reactive strategy in that place of the map, there was lack of iniciative. What i am talking about is that in the moment i went to WI i knew what are the inactive guys there, i knew around what time they will be all on line, i knew they armys chassis type... i go there just to see until where i could go i never imagined that i alone could take all the ops from the hive, that was never in my mind... i was very lucky... they have there great players just had bad luck in some sucessive events.

Off course you guys was fighting against all the world but in this kind of games the politics play a huge part, i mean... not so much the question of making enemys but trying to make friends and helping some alliances and that way get they loyalty.
UTM choose one strategy of "not fighting the other peoples war" i do not think that is wrong, its just one strategy. Some alliance choose to do it and some choose not to do it, i can not judge them for it.

Any way i hould like to say that from all the strategy games i played (and that was alot) this one is the best and thank to everyone, friends and foes for what they teached me here. Now i really need to sleep, today at the work they called me zombie :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:31 pm 
Captain
Captain

UTM plays the game of peace, by being allies to all.

This isn't a peace game. :) They're best player isnt even that good, seeing most of his army comes from boosting :lol:

Anyway, you'll never win like that, and sooner or later they'll see it only holds them back.

【Fantasy】【EB】【Wolf】

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:34 am 
Corporal
Corporal

You never know. HE might be either extremely skilled or rich :lol:

RAGE--BOLT--UTM--BoS--AF

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next