It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Debate: Am I the game's greatest player ever.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:31 pm 
Captain
Captain

You're not the games greatest player.

/debate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:43 pm 
Captain
Captain

I am going to join E1 now. Make yourself known and let's see if your actually the hotshot that you say you are.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:45 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Cool, what alliance?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:19 pm 
Captain
Captain

Any alliance with active members is fine with me. I've been watching the servers closely, but it looks like this round won't reset until tomorow. Shame, if Andrew reset it right now I could have gotten a pretty big lead.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:26 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

psg188 wrote:
Some players can hunt up a storm, but can't fight a real war.

The only way to gauge players is in the ring of combat, all are free to test us in e1, it resets tomorrow.

You can prove Oluvai right or wrong, or you can hide in your double tick servers and claim your double tick buddies are best. Either way, we all know E1 is the Vanilla BD where players are tested, so come on down, we'll be ready.

I would say bragging about M4, or F3, or whatever fringe servers you hail from is all well and good, but to put your talk to the test, come to E1.

So what, to prove we are worthy players we have to go to the slowest server to fight you?

You don't get to declare the best server, neither does anyone need to fight you to prove their skill. And if I am correct last time you were against Melfice and Unky, that didn't work out so well ;D

I do not consider Unky the best player, I do consider him the best builder of this game. The ego's in this thread amaze me. This shall be the new host of the egotist contest.

/discuss

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:40 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

If by not well you mean the opposition being banned for account sharing. Also I didn't "go up" against anyone, I simply joined someone's alliance, didn't choose a single member or lead anything... this was also 2 years ago.

The "slowest" server is the most strategic, and when I actually put together a team you're too scared to join against it.

I hardly think one can account share against a team two years ago and declare they are better than everyone on the server they won, despite anyone's actual level of responsibility or participating in the management of the opposing alliances. I had a positive kill ratio against unknown that round, and melfice never actually sent units into combat. Clearly your "gauge" is off.

I don't get to choose the best server, I didn't "choose" single tick earths to be the best, they just are. I've already explained how double ticks are "action" games and single ticks are "strategy" games... if you are active and scared of competition of course you will want to join a server that requires the most activity... I simply feel that I don't need that large handicap against the competition.

I don't hide from double tick or mars, I played the FIRST double tick era and the first mars era and realized the problems with it, then I went back to mars in the new client and proved it again. E1 and E4 are the only vanilla servers, it's only unfortunate that most of the main players of those servers are retired and few of the players from double tick or other themed servers wish to budge from their comfort zone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:12 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

psg188 wrote:
If by not well you mean the opposition being banned for account sharing. Also I didn't "go up" against anyone, I simply joined someone's alliance, didn't choose a single member or lead anything... this was also 2 years ago.

The "slowest" server is the most strategic, and when I actually put together a team you're too scared to join against it.

I hardly think one can account share against a team two years ago and declare they are better than everyone on the server they won, despite anyone's actual level of responsibility or participating in the management of the opposing alliances. I had a positive kill ratio against unknown that round, and melfice never actually sent units into combat. Clearly your "gauge" is off.

I don't get to choose the best server, I didn't "choose" single tick earths to be the best, they just are. I've already explained how double ticks are "action" games and single ticks are "strategy" games... if you are active and scared of competition of course you will want to join a server that requires the most activity... I simply feel that I don't need that large handicap against the competition.

I don't hide from double tick or mars, I played the FIRST double tick era and the first mars era and realized the problems with it, then I went back to mars in the new client and proved it again. E1 and E4 are the only vanilla servers, it's only unfortunate that most of the main players of those servers are retired and few of the players from double tick or other themed servers wish to budge from their comfort zone.

Thing is not all of us have your patience, Kane. Not all of us are willing to sit day after day hoping for a chance at a perfect strike.

Besides that, Coordination is more important in doubles and singles, it may be a different type of strategy but it is still strategy is it not ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:03 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

You illustrate the exact problem with double tick, you don't want to wait for the perfect time to strike.

There is no waiting, you're supposed to MAKE it the perfect time to strike, that's the strategy of it... not simply waiting around for the enemy to be offline.

Double tick emphasizes attacking when they are offline and catching them off-guard, while single tick emphasizes making the opportunity yourself through successful maneuvering and positioning.

If you are playing single tick at a high level, there is always stuff to do. People to talk to, defenses to do, outposts to capture, attacks to organize... running a world empire is very difficult. If you don't have a world empire, I can see how holding one continent could be boring, but you simply have to think bigger and expand.

In double tick it's understood that people will be offline for awhile... 3 hours to go see a movie is 6 ticks offline, sleeping is at least 10 ticks offline, even eating dinner could be 3 ticks offline... people are ok with this, you make yourselves safe for the time you are gone and simply try to strike at the enemy when they don't make themselves safe when they are gone. That is the mentality of a double tick server. On a single tick server, you never have to be "away", even when sleeping you don't have to move too far off the frontline to be safe, since only a few ticks pass.

Double tick servers are for the majority of players, simply "action" games that you turn off when you have to leave, and turn on for constant action when you are online. Single tick servers are far more persistent and smooth in the ups and downs of what is going on in real life. BD is supposed to be persistent, people play from every timezone in the world... that is why single tick servers are vanilla BD while double tick, while more popular and casual, are not vanilla BD.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:22 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

and lets not get started on 6 tick servers as you never leave the computer :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:23 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

The reason I opted for M1 over any other server is because I wanted a single tick server, for reasons you've listed above.

I personally felt (at the time) that F1, E1 and E4 has stagnated, with the exact same crowds appearing there each time. So, I chose M1 because it had a nice mix of players I had played both with and against previously, as well as plenty of players who I've heard a lot about but never actually seen in action myself. We started Sky at tick 800 and grew from there.

I'll dig up what I can of the rosters for the major alliances on M1 later, I'm going out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next