It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Clannad: 4.5/5
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Anime, Comedy, Supernatural, Drama, Fantasy
TV-13
5/5

Overall:
Clannad is a very emotional show, I shall start with. I must admit that this is the only anime series that has made me cry, and I am a very cold-hearted person. The afterstory especially, 2 of the main characters actually die (Nagisa & her 5 year old child, Ushio, only in the afterstory btw). There are 3 main problems in the main series, and all of them had me leaning forward. There is some humor in there, just to up the mood sometimes. But mostly it's just really sad and desperate. It's very emotional like I said, but in a way that makes you want to keep watching. It's a very good anime show and both volumes 1 & 2 are on Netflix. The afterstory however isn't, but you can watch the whole afterstory online (google it). The main story takes place in high school but s you go into the afterstory it takes you into their lives after high school. There is romance, but it's more in the end and afterstory, and not too mushy.

Story:
There are 3 main problems in the series, and 2 in the afterstory, but also 1 throughout the whole story, but this one takes place in another world that has ended. Nothing in this world dies, and nothing can be created. Theres 1 girl who resides in this world. But she soon becomes so lonely that she decides to build a robot out of found junk. The robot soon comes to life, and she finally has a friend. The robot often wonders why he was born into this world.

Characters:
The characters are VERY well made, and can compare to many people I've known. They're quite realistic and all the main characters face problems, and the minor characters help out too. Even though the series itself is high school, no teachers are major or minor characters. All characters have humor, and desperate in some way.

Animation:
The animation is good, and at some points, just breathtaking. The way the cherry blossoms are drawn on the trees, with the sun shining through. Just beautiful. And the humorous animation describes the situation well also.

Music/Soundtrack:
The soundtrack consists from casual backmusic to beautiful mood-setting harmonies. If you want to hear what I mean, then go to youtube and search up Clannad Soundtrack. The comments on the videos will show you how good the show is from what people say. But the music that is played, matched with the scenes showed, it just really sets the mood, and shows the feelings trying to be expressed.

No signatures will be made.

Spam Day RPs have been thrown away.

Tittle as Maintenance Team and GM as been abandoned.

Good luck with the forums, you'll need it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]