It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: The LAZY players' guide to a great start for Newbs...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:35 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Pilot Pirx wrote:
Why should I care who conqueres me? Can't I just go on with this strategy and simply ignore who gets the taxes?

Yep. But if you establish a good relationship with your conquerer straight away, you may be able to arrange liberation rather than rebelling & facing a fight for your freedom. Plus if you let a noob conquer you odds are you will be liberated early doors when they get conquered, risking losing your built-up squads.
Ultimately it's up to you.

nc2 aNiMaL (MupT)
RC Fantasy: Brave Sir Robin (VV) winners
M1 Zaphod of Betelgeuse (DRAW) winners

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:39 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Pilot Pirx wrote:
quote: "Why should I care who conqueres me? Can't I just go on with this strategy and simply ignore who gets the taxes?

If you don't have relations with the alliance near, you will be noticed when your rank improves and probably nuked - best to say hello early.

Note with settlements removed its even easier now to do this. If you get toasted in your main game, you now have a place to play while you rebuild.

KodaK

E1 - ARM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:03 am 
Private
Private

I did not do any of this and i started a earth world on tick 2000 and by tick 2500 i was rank 46 in the 3rd best alliance in the world but i agree that you have to do the farm first.
mars has got to be the best world though.
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:28 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i used this method before i saw this thread and it worked great for me by the end of the round i ended up being ranked around 40 to 50 and i had about 35 squads and usually a silver star. depending on when the round ends. and i have always used this method because i couldn't do anything else. and i did the same thing on almost all servers and 5 out of 7 times i get a good rank like i said other times i get nuked to death or i get excited and lose my troops :)

currently retired until school closes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:19 pm 
Private
Private

Brilliant! One of the best guides I have ever read period. The outlook is entirely nonchalent and continually moves forward surely albeit slowly. Ingenious, devious, and while not as fast paced it is certainly still fun.

I was wondering how it would be possible to actually play on multiple worlds and still commit anything close to what one is really capable of if one played only one world.

I know I started really really late in E1 and had a lot of problems, and still have those problems. I knew I would have to make up for a lot of lost time, and even when my unit number seemed high to me, it would always be overwhelmed by a nearby guy who started early and had like 10x my number. The minute my alliance entered a war, I couldn't even work on making up lost time with my constructions. This guide lazily sidesteps all those issuse by planning being conquered and loosing your crystal into the master plan, thereby avoiding any of the negatives until you will not be nearly as badly hurt when you inevitably take losses. Sure, the biggest danger I can see is actually never getting to play, but the whole fact that this style of play is so lazy means you can play a world in this fashion while simultainesouly enjoying a more active role on another server.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:31 am 
Private
Private

lol, I have started way late in the game, maxed all my buildings then started making units and been ranked about 100-200. Who cares about whether you are conquered on not if you start late game lmao. You'll get conquered before you make any troops anyways if you start late game.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3