It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates! July 1st, 2010
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:34 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

targoon wrote:
blolel wrote:
Few comments about the new update...
First, music should be off when loading the game, if you want it you can turn it on.
What is the point of now having a slide bar to train units if the number of units you can train is now limited?? I dont really like this limitation but I guess i balances the game a bit more and it increases activity.
Still no slide bar for spy protection, adding spy protection is so annoying.

Couldnt agree more (well except the music thingy :P)

But i see no point of a slide bar now you can only make 10-30 units, its quite pointless. I would've rather had it for spy protection.

well andrew's making it 30 tanks!

anyways...make a slide for spy protection! plss...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:56 am 
Private
Private

i cant play aaaaaarrrrggg :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:59 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

dean1037 wrote:
i cant play aaaaaarrrrggg :twisted:

ahem...tried cache clearing and cookies?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:28 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Nice updates :D but i hate limit when you train units ! ;[ i know it's from old BD ( there were only 10 max )
Can it be increased 2x ?
And can you off this at haveoc ??? :O

~AaAsS

Shake my nikname...
Admiral Marley of Great AaAsS
Admiral Marley
LaCoSte duno Coste

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:28 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

AaAsS2 wrote:
(1)Nice updates :D but i hate limit when you train units ! ;[ i know it's from old BD ( there were only 10 max )
Can it be increased 2x ?

(2)And can you off this at haveoc ??? :O

~AaAsS

1. 30 units [any unit] limit is Andrew's plan...u might wanna check prev. pages.

2. Normally it cannot be done when in havoc cus it makes havoc more serious and special than it should be. I do support it though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:57 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

AaAsS2 wrote:
Nice updates :D but i hate limit when you train units ! ;[ i know it's from old BD ( there were only 10 max )
Can it be increased 2x ?
And can you off this at haveoc ??? :O

~AaAsS

Its being thought of beign changed, like ronelm said check previous pages, or the sugestions page.

And havoc is a game, a transition from the ending round to the new one. Nothing more, admins may make it itneresting (mainly Admin Joe :)) but dont be mistaken, its not a serious part of the game.

The fight awaits us, brethren, embrace it boldly, and without hesitation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:17 pm 
Private
Private

for some reason it just wont load

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:41 pm 
Captain
Captain

You should try clearing your caches. Everytime a BD update is introduced, you should do this to ensure that everything is working fine.

-Evan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:28 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Andrew wrote:
I'm liking the idea of making training bases more valuable by having a higher training limit. The training limit being tied to soldier count isn't however going to stay because infantry/vehicles get far more advantage over tanks which already were at a disadvantage.

I'm thinking of changing the training limit to 30 units(Any type) In your base colony and 60 units of any type in your training base.

This would even out the training times between the 3 chassis and give a nice bonus to training bases to give them more value as a colony has multiple purposes but a training base has only 1.

What do you guys think of that tweak?

Also about the voting links, they are bugged right now and not showing the countdown when it should be. The countdown not showing is not by design, it's a flaw that's going to be fixed soon. We've got several fixes to the bugs that popped up since the update and will be going in today most likely.

-Andrew

Quoting Andrew's words 'cus people are TOO lazy to check previous pages.
And yeah if you're having problems, try clearing cache and cookies first, then post here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:08 pm 
Captain
Captain

Alright so I sat down earlier today in a conference with the 3 main programmers to talk about recent issues since the patch and discuss rebalancing of the training limit.

The training limit will be changed to 60 soldiers in your colony and 30 in your training base. One good point that was mentioned was that the training base shouldn't be the focal point of your army/power, your colony should be so it has a higher training limit. We've rebalanced the training time for units so that infantry take 2 ticks, vehicles 3 and tanks 4 ticks, worker costs remain the same.

Experience is going to be the focal point of the next update so once it comes in it will finish the balancing off so that tanks are useful as they are easier to level up with experience.

We've also fixed the following bugs:

-Outposts/Relics of vacationed players can now be attacked.
-Squads not auto-returning after conquering a player should be fixed(Not 100% on this one, I tested it out on our most recent version before it went live today and I was unable to replicate it so it should be fixed.)
-Voting links are fixed now and show a proper cooldown right to the second :geek:
-Battle Calculator/Simulator should be working now on the battledawn.com worlds and Kongregate.com worlds, shouldn't ask you to log in to our testing site anymore...:roll:
-The music compression was tampered with a bit to lower the size of the songs, cut down to about 1/4 what it used to be so it shouldn't be as bad for slower connections and kongregate now when caching.

We're still working on the conquers bug with some not producing any taxation, this bug is very hit and miss and if anyone is able to find a trend as to what is causing this please post here and/or PM your world admin to help us track this one and fix it. We're also still looking into the achievements bug and hope to have them all fixed in the next day or two.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks everyone for your patience and help in finding/fixing the bugs by your feedback; This has been a very rough update for some reason with some gremlins in the works that we're still weeding out :).

-Andrew

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next