It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: ARM cheating on E1? proof? YES there is
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:46 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I completely agree with Lord Nitro.

There should be nothing wrong with having a friend place a colony and help out when the time comes. Part of war and war games is having the most friends. Like it or not that is just the way it is.

If I were to place a colony and build up am I not free to decide who I want to attack???

If people in Alliance A have been nicer to me in the past, and in alliance B not so much... Guess who I am going to attack???

That is completely my decision if I want to help out some friends. You can not possibly be saying i have to join an allied alliance or else it is cheating. That is ridiculous.

In all honesty I have not read the rules in their entirety but the posted rule does not violate what MAY or MAY not have happened here. The only possible rule that I can think of that this situation may violate is that you should not be able to place a colony for the sole purpose of spamming someone.

/end rant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:35 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

it's allowed to attack people, don't take it wrong ;)
the thing that is illegal is to make a colony just to spam people and so on.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:49 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
There should be nothing wrong with having a friend place a colony and help out when the time comes. Part of war and war games is having the most friends. Like it or not that is just the way it is.

Please explain to me the difference between:
Your friend making a colony and channelling you resources and,
Your friend making a colony and him attacking your opponents

Including as to why there should be a rules difference between the two, knowing that most people oppose the first (and, presumably, you do too).

Quote:
The only possible rule that I can think of that this situation may violate is that you should not be able to place a colony for the sole purpose of spamming someone.

Which is the current rule. That would fall under "Creating a colony for someone else's benefit."

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:04 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 YIM  Profile

I understand what your saying and I don't see these rules being changed any time soon lol. I understand both sides of this problem. So im going to leave it at that lol. The best way to not brake this rule is to not let any one know who your friends are lol. I know that im not braking any of these rules in this world. I just read all of the Terms of Use Agreement and all the rules are understandable.

There is really not much that effects tactics but mostly for defending the company. The main ones i found about things i do is farming and to many subs lol. But like i said im not braking the rules and admin Andrew knows it. When i do farms he knows it and he knows how i run them and i run them to be active in the round. I don't like inactive players!! So no one will be ever tell say that im braking any of the rules lol :p

Thanks Steven for your replys to this matter lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:34 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Steven wrote:
Quote:

Please explain to me the difference between:
Your friend making a colony and channelling you resources and,
Your friend making a colony and him attacking your opponents

Including as to why there should be a rules difference between the two, knowing that most people oppose the first (and, presumably, you do too).

The difference is this,
I place a colony in a world that i I know friends will be trying to win. I dont farm ops for them, i dont allow them to conquer me, I just play and try to kill their enemies. Maybe the leader of said alliance gives me a call and says "hey buddy, see you have a nice army going on, we are moving on alliance B, would love a little support." I help them out. I am no different then a second allied alliance helping them out. In your first post you seemed to (at least lord nitro and i took it this way) say that even that is not aloud. I fail to see how that should be considered cheating.

I completely agree that building a colony just to spam someone should not be aloud.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:35 am 
Captain
Captain

jkipf,

The context of the conversation is farming and spam colonies, as it was asked whether it was illegal or not. It is. The distinction lies in whether you are actually playing as a player, or whether you're just aiding another. A decision which must be evaluated by the administrator, on accusations of this. The administrator will only act if they have reasonable grounds to believe the latter is the case.

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:57 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Steven wrote:
jkipf,

The context of the conversation is farming and spam colonies, as it was asked whether it was illegal or not. It is. The distinction lies in whether you are actually playing as a player, or whether you're just aiding another. A decision which must be evaluated by the administrator, on accusations of this. The administrator will only act if they have reasonable grounds to believe the latter is the case.

Well you see Steven, that is where we run into some trouble. The evidence is quite clear to the fact that the colony was made for the sole purpose of spamming the OP's. However, if there is to be punishment, who is to be punished? The unknown is who the 2 players (or more) are who are responsible for it. One had to ask the other to do it. The other had to take action and do it.

Obviously, no one in ARM is going to step up and take the blame, and Tigran has a ego far to large to step up to it either, as this is his last round and maybe he wants to finish on a high note? (so much for that)

So then, how does the punishment happen? If there is no punishment, it will continue to happen over and over again as we have seen in the past. And each time, it will be next to impossible to figure out who to punish/ who is responsible.

We need the BD team, possibly with the help of the think tank, to come up with a fair way to deal out punishment. Maybe if the spam colony can be linked back to an alliance, the entire alliance gets a punishment for the players actions. That is unless the player steps up to it. The punishment would not be something like temporary bans, but could involve severe limiting of resources for a given amount of time. And repeated offenses within an alliance would increase that amount of time.

This is merely a suggestion. I hope though, that it can spark some serious thoughts about the matter.

Thanks,

~Riders

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:14 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Honestly, if I thought this sort of thing was deemed as acceptable behavior in ARM I would not want to stay there. Obviously I can't speak for everyone in the alliance, but most of the people im playing with are more honest and decent than 90% of the general populous of online games.

My biggest problem with this is the fact that the person saying "you're attacking my friends" and not denying a connection with ARM is considered as proof??

Seriously every era is plagued with pathetic little fanboys who like to latch on to the top ranked alliances by claiming to be friends with them, or attacking their enemies and then declaring themselves as an ally. I only ever started my own alliance once - WREK on a previous era of F1 -, and every day I was getting some noob or other message me to say that he was an ally and had been attacking someone for me. I had no friggin clue who any of them were, just losers that put down a colony, spot some squads/activity from a top ranked alliance nearby and decide to try and get in their good graces by jumping in. Anyone who thinks that cheating is the only possiblity here is obviously having tunnel vision due to extreme bias..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:48 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Could be a lot of reasons. The only reason it has been brought up is that it isn't the first time that ARM started moving in on a big alliance and then spammer appears by the target and spam the OPs/Colonies. It could just be some noob that doesn't like someone in ExSo but the OPs remain a mystery when you build and the fact the colony appear by those silos at just the right time seems impossible without someone giving them the info.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:03 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Well being mentioned and considered suspicious probably wouldn't prompt me to write a response. I just find it unfair for someone to say it's definitely "this or that" and especially to call it proof..

I've not seen it happen myself, and I don't think the people I know in ARM would gain any satisfaction from using that kind of tatic. But that's just my opinion for whatever it's worth :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next