It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Next E1 Era
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:54 am 
Private
Private

Battledawn Admins and Moderators have stressed that CE will not be returning in any capacity, indefinitely. With that In mind I would like to suggest another possibility for next E1 era, no boosting.

Now I know that BD is a business first and that running an era that has no boosting will not bring in profits but I do believe that it will bring in new players. These players will not become disinclined to continue playing the game due to "good players" winning because they outspend others.

Furthermore one of the arguments against CE was that it detracted boosters from other servers, but with no boosting on this era it will still encourage spending everywhere else.

Just food for thought, it would be fun to see what veterans can hang and succeed when they can't spend money.

Post subject: Re: Next E1 Era
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:30 am 
Private
Private

I's still a newB, and this sounds pretty good, but for the new ones here what exactly was CE?

A round with no boosts could be quite nice to get a more vanilla taste of the game where everyone is more equal, but as you said, BD being a business maybe there could only be 1 server devoted to this?

Also if its a 1 tick server maybe that could inversely encourage people to spend more on tokens as they associate the slowly moving 1 tick/hour with no tokens and in an effort to speed up other games they will spend more tokens?
I don't know if thats mean, but its just food for though :p

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:16 pm 
Private
Private

CE was Championship Era. It was run twice and both were events that the strongest teams would come out and play for months until the eras were ended by ticks. It was a lot of fun and there were a lot of players which made it great.

And yeah there could be an surge in players spending tokens on other eras.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:37 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

non boosting server won't ever happen i believe

Also , tbh a non-boosting server isnt what attracts a large amount of audience..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:06 pm 
Private
Private

Maybe not a large amount of the current audience, but if it encourages more people to join and doesn't detract from the other servers it can hardly be a bad thing?

Even if the devs only do it as a one time thing to see wether or not it would work would be good I think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:43 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

anarchyrulz wrote:
CE was Championship Era. It was run twice and both were events that the strongest teams would come out and play for months until the eras were ended by ticks. It was a lot of fun and there were a lot of players which made it great.

And yeah there could be an surge in players spending tokens on other eras.

Just a small note, both eras were ended by the winning alliance holding all 10 relics for 100 ticks, not by a tick limit. In fact, neither era HAD a tick limit (which didn't matter much for CE1, but for CE2 meant it went on for about 7 months).

As to the suggestion for next E1, I'll post what I posted on a (very) similar thread.

Quote:
This idea has been suggested quite a few times, either simply as a non-boosting era as you suggested or a buy-in era, where everyone pays in a certain amount to get into the era and gets a certain amount of tokens in exchange. In both cases the argument would be that eras are decided by skill etc, rather than by who spends the most.

The main problem with any sort of non-boosting era, including the buy-in era, is that it erodes the "prestige" in winning normal eras. What would most likely happen is that the non-boosting eras will be seen as the real deciders of skill, and that the winners on those eras will be seen as the best players. I don't disagree with that, I think I would think the same after those eras.

What that however means is that Battledawn doesn't only lose out on income from the non-boosting era itself, but that people also have less incentive to boost on "normal" eras. I think that's a dangerous proposition for Battledawn. Which is a shame, I would love to play non-boosting eras as well.

I really would like this to happen, it's just that I don't think it's a smart move for BD as a business.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:05 am 
Corporal
Corporal

What BD needs more is a server dedicated for new players. IMO it would be a far better way to get them into the game instead of the god-awful tutorial :P

Boosting is an essential part of the game though, however you don't need reds to win. Skill and Activity beat reds almost always. The reason a lot of boosters win is because they know what to do with the stuff they boost.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:56 am 
Corporal
Corporal

majorlazerswag wrote:
What BD needs more is a server dedicated for new players. IMO it would be a far better way to get them into the game instead of the god-awful tutorial :P

Boosting is an essential part of the game though, however you don't need reds to win. Skill and Activity beat reds almost always. The reason a lot of boosters win is because they know what to do with the stuff they boost.

er i dont think they really care at this point :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:49 pm 
Captain
Captain

I want to know from the author of the post that how he concluded the fact that no boosting era brings more population?

Also I would like to address another question to Milan & Alexander that what could be done by old players who are still playing actively to retain the new players? I think rather then attracting more & more we should think of retaining the current as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:49 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I disagree Hitmo. Old players leave all the time, and most of the time it is not because they don't like the game anymore, but because they don't have the time. Getting new players to become old players should be the focus :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next