It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Looking for a good team
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:56 am 
Private
Private

Hello there my name is Carlos but I go by Ownage Jr in BD. The last era I played was maybe 3-4 years ago with BoS and this week I decided to give BD one more try in Earth 1. I lost my Skype account and because of that I have no contact with any of my old friends that I made in BoS or AI when they played in E1. I am just looking for someone who is thinking on playing next era and spending time and maybe money in order to win it.

If you are that person please feel free to message me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last edited by PoTaeToh on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merged double post regarding typographic error.

Post subject: Re: Looking for a good team
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:35 am 
Captain
Captain

Happy New Year Carlos aka Ownage Jr. & welcome back!

It will be really unfortunate for you to hear but you won't receive much or any response from players on the forum. Simply because hardly any battledawn players visit forums or lets say hardly any old peeps play the game. Very few battledawners visit forum just because they also play Supermechs. Incse you dont know SM is a new game (now old) developed by Tacticsoft(god knows why the term tactic soft{no space} is changing to santa clause). I am too very busy in rl & don't have any plans to play the game in upcoming 4-5 months span still replied to this thread so that you wont feel disappointed that no one replied to you after you made a comeback after 3-4 years.

Anyways I saw you in this video which seth posted on forum sometime back.

& yea I think I have seth's skype. Did play an era with him in CME sometime back, not sure if he still plays, so incase you need his skype let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:54 am 
Private
Private

Thank you! I appreciate the help I thought things would be like years ago were people were nkre active here hahaha but thanks. I'll keep my hopes up and maybe I'll find someone.

Any chance you can send me that link to the video? Hahaha I want to see it :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:32 am 
Captain
Captain

Cidor wrote:
Thank you! I appreciate the help I thought things would be like years ago were people were nkre active here hahaha but thanks. I'll keep my hopes up and maybe I'll find someone.

Any chance you can send me that link to the video? Hahaha I want to see it :D

Yw.
why do you need the link to see the video , simply click on it and the video will start playing.
But still as per your request here in the direct link.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Btp9gEgJYno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:36 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Good see old players comming back, But yes I believe u will be disappointed to see that Most of your team mates has left the game.. :( BD is not so interesting now mainly because of other more popular games and because it is not competitive anymore..only if the old players could come back and show how the game should be played :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:05 am 
Private
Private

I see... If I see that's the situation maybe I'll go back to retirement or maybe created a team..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:32 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Reading through the last couple of posts almost put me in tears... Oh God, I am gonna cry... :lol: To me, what's more disappointing than the population crisis BattleDawn has gone through over the last two years is the sight of a few BattleDawn players constantly and desperately complaining about the current situation of the game as though there was no one around anymore and the game was closing its doors. While I also have seen a lot of the current players consistently praising 'old peeps' asserting the game is better with them around; don't take me wrong, I respect every old player but I believe this is just plain exaggeration.

Firstly, I am not going to summarize what has transpired over the past three years. Nonetheless, I've played the major part of last year, so I've been around long enough to tell and I believe that is the perfect occasion to share my perspective with the rest of you. What I'd like to assert is 2016 has been a mixed year for BattleDawn. Worlds weren't so empty compared to how they were during the second part of 2014 mainly because of the championship era. A lot of the worlds hosted two to, not so often, three serious teams competing against each other. The eras would essentially last depending on how much will would the contenders be ready throw on the table. So, generally the worlds were two-sided and would become one sided whenever one of the two teams succeeded on taking their major opponent down. A traumatic case would take place once in a while, however, meaning a server would breed little to no competition at all, and whenever there is competition in such world, one of the two major teams is of no match against the other either due to inactivity or the players of the other team simply lack experience and discipline. A case in point would be Mars 3 Era 85 where I managed to sneak :lol: through the ladder-board and become the ninth player to achieve one of the highest scores and a 'not bad :D ' (according to you Milan, if you ever happen to come across this, hoping you will remember our conversation) power record worldwide. Like really, last August, the admins should have considered changing the name 'Mars 3' to 'George's no man's land', and I'm saying this literally. While I won't mention one tickers, personally being not a huge fan and having not forcefully played those in a while, I'd like to disclose that two and three tickers were decently competitive with the exception of Fantasy 3, which for the most part was one sided and headed towards the 4E alliance which consists of mostly Turkish players promoting Turkish nationalism in BattleDawn :lol:. Often though there would be one of those exceptional 'CE-like' eras where I've had the chance to play literally all of them. With that being said, the game still breeds competitive eras whose contestants are part of a newer generation of very promising, mostly young players, unfortunately very discredited and underestimated.

Secondly, as I said before, I respect old players and very much. What I'd like to denounce is the idea that the game was better when they were around. Maybe. I wasn't around back then to tell. I surely had been witness as well as had long discussions with some of the old players namely Gaurav, Muha, Pantera, Psi, Alexander, Malicewolf and a few more. Those very productive discussions involved each player's perspective of said competitive era which took place in the so called 'Golden Age' of the game. Now the point I'm trying to make is, why look back in time? Why are we so wrapped up with the 'good old days'? Do you think the written memories should dictate how we live going forward with the game we all love?
It depends, I say. I think you can probably honor the old players' memory, but you can't live for them, because that means living in the past. Forget the past, it's gone, but glance back occasionally to remind yourself where you came from and where you are going. Us newer generation of smart and uprising players should inspire ourselves and listen closely to the old folks and aim to improve things every day while promoting the game, telling our friends in school or at work about BattleDawn, contact newbies in worlds and teach them how to play via Skype. Sometimes the problem isn't really a problem. It's just how we see it. Much like BattleDawn isn't dead after all, it's just our will to make it better. ;)

Lastly, and most importantly, with the first day of the year coming to an end, my good wishes for all of you, I wish 2017 brings you health, prosperity and above all success. I hope 2017 will be a year of success not only for BattleDawn but also Tacticsoft games moving forward!

Oh, and welcome back Own!

Add me on skype: george.battledawn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:38 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Well i am interested to play if you get more 8 players. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:56 pm 
Private
Private

I am interested to play next e1.What is your skype?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next