It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Subs and Subs of Subs of Subs! Is too Far
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:09 pm 
Private
Private

I need to get this out before i waste energy like the rest of those who are posting on the main scrolling ticker to get a rise out of other players rather then give notices as it is intended to be used for...

"Please! you post on the main ticker for what reason exactly? Dont take it out on DrTY or any other ally of Meow's becuase your entire alliance only has a few crystals if any at all. Such a sore loser, it is a shame and discrace to the game. Now we have new and unexperienced players who think the ticker is used for name calling, great example.

Sub? We simply know who is going to win and choose to be on the winning side. Keep in mind that I grew up w/ some of the members of Meow and they are my freinds. I am sure you would help your freinds if you had any. Grow up and get real, this is a game of war. Maybe if you didnt cry about sub this and sub that you could have been a good player.

When i say "good" player I am not only speaking of rank and crystals. To be honest I will most likely be conquered before the end of this round and i am OK with that because I fought for something and i did it by being a good player. DrTY has confidence in who is going to win and we like to be on the winning side of things, just like anyone else, so get off your high horse becuase from my point of view your horse is more like a pony."

I wrote this because it seems that when any one has a problem with one alliance attacking another they immediately call them a sub to what ever alliance that is also attacking them. I believe it is only smart to attack in groups. While it would be nice to win 1st place, and always the ultimate goal, I recognize that this is not possible. So instead my fellow alliance members and I are aiming for the next best thing and that is to acquire second or third place. And while KoR is currently ahead of us in ranking we will not attack them as we have had a long standing NAP, unless they draw first blood. We fought it out early in this round and declared a draw, long before any one knew who Howl, Woof or Bark even were.

The DrTY and MeoW Nap is the longest NAP in this round. It was established on tick 3! As a graduate of Psychology with an extensive resume in clinical consoling I whole heartedly feel sorry for those who feel the need to bash other alliances by using the term "sub" in order to put down those who are simply looking out for their best interest. This goes for alliances other then DrTY.

I understand that not all the members of these alliances are actively verbally abusing other alliances but i do believe that some of these members are taking the idea of "Subs" and the negative annotations connected to this term too far. Yes it is true that many newer and less experienced alliances are used by larger and more experienced alliances to weaken, annoy and tactifuly keep busy the squads of enemy alliances. This is an old tactic that has been deployed by nations throughout history.

Simply, this is a game of war. It is however a game, and while the tactics remain the same, the morals used should be different. I quote an unnamed player who i think said it best, "Let our true values and honor be visible best by our actions and not our words". This meens, from your perspective, if you do not like a "second rate" alliance attacking you then do something about it. Name calling is what bullies do on playgrounds when they don't know how else to handle the situation. It shows immaturity and brings into question ones right to play the game. It says clearly in the rules that verbal abuse is not tolerated. The term "Sub" is not necessarily an abusive term but when it is associate with betrayal and used to verbally attack another alliances credibility it becomes an abusive term. Normally i let things of this nature play out. I am the first to say that trash talking is one of the best parts of the game.

I am always responding to new players who post silly questions on the scrolling ticker about how to build this and attack that. But when i am messaged a question by a new player about what it is to be a sub and how to not become one because they think subs are the worst, i think it has gone to far. This in its own right shows that new players are learning the negative traits of those who are abusing the game. I was lucky enough to be taught by a great bunch of Vets who, while some may have big mouths only speak to those who have the experience to understand their words. It would be a shame if in a few months alliances can not have positive diplomatic relations with other alliances because they fear being labeled a "Sub".

This whole issue has the ability to take down BD from the inside out with the ignorance of but a few. It is ironic, that after being attacked by a smaller alliance and responded by conquering them, that they pleaded with me to stop, saying "we only attacked because howl asked us too". and then Howl turns around and bashes Meow for having "second rate" alliances like Drty attack Howl. This is just funny.

I dont want people to think that all of howl is composed of bad players, they are not. In fact i am not speaking of just Howl but the players participating in such behavior whom know who they are. And if they are not the first to respond to this post i am hoping they change their ways and accept the fact that not everyone wins and being a sore loser is worse then coming in last place. Most importantly i want those who use strong words to realize that their actions are setting examples for the future players of BD.

Last edited by brucelee282 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Subs and Subs of Subs of Subs! Is too Far
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:12 pm 
Captain
Captain

Don't use shades of red or blue because they are used by moderators to warn users.

-Evan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:53 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

You guys are not a sub, but more like a very strong ally.

It is like Germany had Hungary as allies, even though they were not nearly as strong.

Personally I like subs if they are not overpowered because they provide players a chance to learn without worrying about being attacked. My first round one year ago was in a sub, and I learned all of the basics. Next round I ended up in the #2 alliance due to some weird things, but thanks to being in a sub I knew how to play.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:56 pm 
Captain
Captain

Damn Lee, break that up into paragraphs...that hurt my eyes :)

Good read though

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:31 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Redwurm wrote:
Damn Lee, break that up into paragraphs...that hurt my eyes :)

Good read though

Agreed. Was tempted to edit but entirely lazy but agree with some of your points :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:35 pm 
Captain
Captain

I'll go bang on his door and tell him to fix it or GTFO!

Kidding of course

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:44 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

This is very true. I personally dont know where some of the HOWL members get off by saying that KoR and DrTY are subs, while HOWL has WOOF, BARK, RAVN, and DOGS all fighting for them like Meow has KoR and DrTY. I'm not sure if they realize that the hypocracy they spew over the broadcast is really immature, but they need to stop. If they are tired of DrTY and KoR helping out Meow then they should go after us instead of sitting back and screaming "sub."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:04 pm 
Captain
Captain

jasonxfri13th wrote:
Personally I like subs if they are not overpowered because they provide players a chance to learn without worrying about being attacked. My first round one year ago was in a sub, and I learned all of the basics. Next round I ended up in the #2 alliance due to some weird things, but thanks to being in a sub I knew how to play.

Their has to be a better way to learn the game then abusing the system. I'm all for new players having an opportunity to learn the game, but putting them in a sub alliance to do a stronger alliances bidding isn't the way.

Their are plenty of options out there for new players to learn. You can also check out my proposal in the suggestion forum for a few more ideas I had to help new players along.

bfan8475 wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:24 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Redwurm wrote:
jasonxfri13th wrote:

Their has to be a better way to learn the game then abusing the system. I'm all for new players having an opportunity to learn the game, but putting them in a sub alliance to do a stronger alliances bidding isn't the way.

Their are plenty of options out there for new players to learn. You can also check out my proposal in the suggestion forum for a few more ideas I had to help new players along.

Yeah, but subs do not have to do the alliance's bidding.

Of course there will be the better players who will help but quite a few members of sub alliances do not participate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:10 am 
Captain
Captain

redwurm once more i disagree with you

i too had my start in a sub lol it was TK3 back when there was tk1-45 lol

i learnt alot and got my feet off the ground from there , sub bring alot of help for newer players

tho i am not one for subs i only like having 1 sub at any one time at most , but there happened to have been 2 made for us in this round

subs are not against the rules or abuse the system at all, you might say yes it does it is an extension of the alliance ! well it is not we gave them help and let them grow on our border sunder our protection ( this is sort of how DRTY grew coz without meow they would be nothing )

they are more like a friendly alliance who hhave a debt wioth us for gettign them off their feet , we have a strong bond with them and they have vowed to help us forever since it is us who got them to where they are

as for brucelee i didnt read your whole post but yeah ill state reasons at why DRTY is just a sub of MEOW ( KOR IS NOT )

DRTY - lives side by side with them
- obeys and helps meow whenver asked ( good allies yes , or just helping out of fear )
- offers their best men to meow and losses their own rank coz their good players join the main oops i mean meow
- cancels naps with friendlies to help meow in a war ( subs do this as their main comes first forever)
- i can go on but i cant be bothered

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next