It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mars 1 Era 41 Special event King of the Hill - BD is dead.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:54 am 
Maintenance & PR Team
Maintenance & PR Team
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:43 am
Posts: 714
Location: Chorus.
Gender: male
Shadow got destroyed though


_________________
Image
^ Thanks Andy!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Mars 1 Era 41 Special event King of the Hill - BD is dead.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:29 am 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:06 pm
Posts: 6
I'm on no ones side but.. yessum... i dont think people should talk when they have no back up.. your name is going around alot in BD community .. and i wish it were good things


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Mars 1 Era 41 Special event King of the Hill - BD is dead.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:43 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 pm
Posts: 1622
As a heads up, Shadow is telling the truth about all the latest member additions. The reason I know is because a few of those who ended up joining him were actually set to join me and a few others in a plan to make a late start and dominate the world (including against Hill... sorry guys, I couldn't help but be interested in chaotic fun :twisted: )

I was originally one of the starting members of Hill. However, we originally built our team around a 10 man 1 tick alliance. When we came to the world and saw it was an 8 man 2 ticker, we were caught off guard and many had to drop/couldn't handle a 2 tick world (myself included). Unfortunately, we didn't know this was happening until the world started so some members placed simply for the sake of getting things started with every intent of being replaced.

Now, in my opinion, the refund should not have happened. It does indeed suck when server maintenance has occurred when you are attempting to make a move, but throughout BD history, things like this have always happened. Inconveniences are usually the reason for people losing their armies in the first place. It's hardly ever due to the other team playing worse anymore when it's between 2 good alliances.

I can tell you that Hill was close to defeat honestly. The fact that HL backed off was smart on their part, they survived and they killed another competitor. Seems like a win on HL's part in my mind. X made a decision and they made the wrong one. I will say, I agree with X that compensation for Hill should not have been made. However, most of the other accusations are actually not true. Antrax and No way were never placed with the intent to join Hill. No way messaged me at the beginning of the era to join me, but due to circumstances and bad timing on my part, he ended up joining Hill (which seems to have turned out quite well for him).

Antrax was meant to be in an alliance to fight Hill, however, that plan fell through. He had already placed however and decided to try making the best of it. I don't know the details of what occurred inside of Hill, but obviously, things didn't work out for him. And I saw Salma at the start of the era. I did a LOT of research on all the players who left open their medals to see. He was originally with SN, whom I worried about as a potential late competitor as they had podded extremely close together in the territory I was in. This was not the case, but I'm just pointing out, I did notice him and he was never part of the Hill roster. He was simply a strong late addition to the Hill team who was having roster problems themselves.

The world had a VERY good chance to take out Hill this era. But many gave up that opportunity for self preservation and a better change to make a move at the end of the era. As I see it, this has been one of the most competitive eras I've seen in a while and the only bad thing I've seen is X so far. You say BD is dead? But X gave up at the first sign of trouble and defeat. You are screaming that everyone else is bad and that BD is at fault, but all I really see is a plan that failed due to your ally backing off and you whining right now about it. The only valid point I see is the one you stated about re-compensation.

_________________
Image
Gettin' real tired of your shi...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Mars 1 Era 41 Special event King of the Hill - BD is dead.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:44 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:22 am
Posts: 303
No comment, Yessum and Capo.
I actually do like no sense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

Thank you Shadow and Malice for clarifying.

-George


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Mars 1 Era 41 Special event King of the Hill - BD is dead.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:48 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:54 am
Posts: 354
Gender: male
hariscaapo wrote:
Damn shadow you must be blind, well let me show you once again:

p.s: Don't reply trying to argue with what I said, the post is all about letting people know that mars 1 or even all of BD is dead. I have nothing to add and nothing to remove from this message as it is all 100% correct and no matter how hard you try I'm not going to change opinion about it.


by the way, for the lols : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krtnt191Drg


Your opinion isn't fact so no, it isn't 100% correct.

EDIT: Wow malice that's pretty messed up after you said you couldn't play. Nick in X was supposed to be on Hill as well but he instead joined X and never told me about it. I lost him as a friend there since he not only lied about not being able to play but he instead placed and even fought against me. I love competition and all but Malice if u had placed to fight against me I would be very salty since you said many times you couldn't play with Hill. I would be mad at Gaurav and Kyl too since they said they couldn't play either.

On a side note I try to make all eras I play very interesting, hence why every era I play is super interesting, especially the CE fiasco. ;)

_________________
Winner of Championship Era 2014 (RDH)
Most Power: 445
Most Crystals: 287
Most Kills: 62,190
Most Wreckages: 177

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Mars 1 Era 41 Special event King of the Hill - BD is dead.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:34 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:51 am
Posts: 1236
Location: India
Gender: male
LOL , malice got trolled / entangled in his own idea , everything went wrong for him from tick speed to alliance size.

I got interested in thread when one of WLP ( or similar name ) alliance member told me that malice is loosing & he requested for a cease fire , which usually is uncommon when the player is malice.

_________________
Image
^Credit goes to Andy! Thanks!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Mars 1 Era 41 Special event King of the Hill - BD is dead.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:01 am 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:27 pm
Posts: 35
Gender: male
Capo, I understand where you are coming from with you frustration in the era, especially concerning other alliances leaving you to fight alone right when we were most vulenerable , however, you are very wrong about some of your statements, especially when it comes to spies and kills.

Yes, you were very successful in using deeper agents to defend against our agents in the area around your colony. How hard is it to tell your alliance to all place agents on the ops right around your colony?

However, you never managed to leverage these spies in such a way to get a big advantage on us... but just defend against our agents? That seems like weak spy usage on your part...

2nd, we had multiple successful spy action against your team in the south and against HL.

The reason HL took a nap is because of multiple successful spy actions and death of 2 major armies, Wolfy and undefined that were holding their eastern front. (more units than any garrison)

In addition, for every person we have recruited or encourage to help us, there have been two more who spam bomb us from within our lands.

In regards to the refund of resources, I believe it is totally appropriate and should be a call out to the Admins to change something about this practice. If this event happens everyday at the same time, would it be so hard to adjust the clock or pause the ticks to accommodate this? And it's not just 3 minutes and the effects ripple into the next tick (the clock is 5 minutes fast).

This is suppose to be a game of strategy and many people use EOT moves as part of their strategy... preserving the fairness across ticks should be a top priority because once you lose your trust in the fairness you will lose your desire to play.

I was up late at night and had been working tirelessly to lure units onto that op on which i planted a spy so early in the round. This was the time that I was to reap the benefits of my work and to see it all go down the toilet because of some BS maintenance? That is the quickest way to lose a player I have ever seen. In my opinion, this needs to be fixed quickly before more players are adversely affected or players begin specifically abusing this time to catch others off guard.

I would also like to say that all this changing of players has been a nightmare and despite the benefits gained because of some replacements, had we had the choice of having our 8 from the start and never changing members I think we would all vote yes! The fact that our team as a whole is holding together despite the losses of players like cotton and the back stab of Antrax is a testament to our dedication.

This indeed has been a very chaotic era, but has also provided a lot of entertainment for a bunch of players.....So, even if we end up losing this era somehow, I would like to say thank you to the admin for stepping out of the box and making this world DIFFERENT.

Cheers,

Skip


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Mars 1 Era 41 Special event King of the Hill - BD is dead.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:44 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 2:47 am
Posts: 93
Location: Killing Scum on BD.
VD54 wrote:
I'm on no ones side but.. yessum... i dont think people should talk when they have no back up.. your name is going around alot in BD community .. and i wish it were good things

HAHAHA, then the fanboys are doing their jobs.

Don't need back up in this filthy community, rather stab myself in the back, then let the rest of you scumbags do it (since well, it's all anyone does).

100003765070161 wrote:
No comment, Yessum and Capo.
I actually do like no sense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

Thank you Shadow and Malice for clarifying.

-George

George, I'll be honest son, if you're going to try and pay someone out, atleast make sense with it. Also nice name finish on E1, you show us all how much you ride Sayan, Kappa.

SirSkipwith wrote:
In addition, for every person we have recruited or encourage to help us, there have been two more who spam bomb us from within our lands.

Just kek'd No-one spam bombed you, apart from my pityful one, and Antrax, LOLLOLLOOLOLOOL, the dribble still continues.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Mars 1 Era 41 Special event King of the Hill - BD is dead.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:55 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:36 am
Posts: 41
Location: no
Gender: male
k


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Mars 1 Era 41 Special event King of the Hill - BD is dead.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:08 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 pm
Posts: 1622
ShadowReaperX wrote:
EDIT: Wow malice that's pretty messed up after you said you couldn't play. Nick in X was supposed to be on Hill as well but he instead joined X and never told me about it. I lost him as a friend there since he not only lied about not being able to play but he instead placed and even fought against me. I love competition and all but Malice if u had placed to fight against me I would be very salty since you said many times you couldn't play with Hill. I would be mad at Gaurav and Kyl too since they said they couldn't play either.

On a side note I try to make all eras I play very interesting, hence why every era I play is super interesting, especially the CE fiasco. ;)


Sorry mate ^^, just like to keep things interesting. And as for playing, the answer hasn't changed at all actually. I'm still not active enough to play seriously. But I'm always active enough to troll decently as my not very active is usually more than most. Even with the other team, I told that I'd be willing to help out, but I may need to be replaced. Just simply that I'd help with the plan if it came through. I don't want to see my contest become a landslide win with no competition like the last one ;) That's all. My main focus is the same as always though, so honestly, I probably would not have gotten to the point of facing Hill anyways (you know me, I'm single minded once I set it :lol: )

Hitmo wrote:
LOL , malice got trolled / entangled in his own idea , everything went wrong for him from tick speed to alliance size.

I got interested in thread when one of WLP ( or similar name ) alliance member told me that malice is loosing & he requested for a cease fire , which usually is uncommon when the player is malice.


Yup, tis true. Tom really got me all mixed up on this one :lol:
And yup, I joined an inactive team for some fun and tried to bite more than I could chew. 2 alliances filled with primarily UNIT members. 1 person can only do so much. Sometimes a ceasefire is worth it until you can figure things out. It's part of diplomacy.

SirSkipwith wrote:
In regards to the refund of resources, I believe it is totally appropriate and should be a call out to the Admins to change something about this practice. If this event happens everyday at the same time, would it be so hard to adjust the clock or pause the ticks to accommodate this? And it's not just 3 minutes and the effects ripple into the next tick (the clock is 5 minutes fast).

This is suppose to be a game of strategy and many people use EOT moves as part of their strategy... preserving the fairness across ticks should be a top priority because once you lose your trust in the fairness you will lose your desire to play.

I was up late at night and had been working tirelessly to lure units onto that op on which i planted a spy so early in the round. This was the time that I was to reap the benefits of my work and to see it all go down the toilet because of some BS maintenance? That is the quickest way to lose a player I have ever seen. In my opinion, this needs to be fixed quickly before more players are adversely affected or players begin specifically abusing this time to catch others off guard.


I can agree with the strategy aspect. Truly. But I also know why the maintenance was changed to the current time. It is the time on avg when BD is at it's lowest activity count. I never ran into the maintenance issue until the change occurred honestly. But it's been like this for quite some time now. And it HAS to happen at some point in the day. Now, why they can't set it for a time that won't interfere with any tick changes? I dunno. We could argue this point forever though. So I'll just say, it shouldn't be the case, but it's been this way for a while now and most don't get compensation back because of it. I had a member lose units due to it earlier because he couldn't spy.

_________________
Image
Gettin' real tired of your shi...


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl