It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: RULES ARE NOT THOUGHT THROUGH
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

compress1234 wrote:
OK what I've read so far has shown me that these rules were not fully thought through. I have been a solo player for a long time and I have love it because as someone said earlier, "I am my own boss" which Is the point of SOLO; so I therefore support all rules that was said on having families.

One rule I didn't like was the one on which was stated on Relics and crystals; I think the map is for the players and we can't be playing a game then being told of what we can do and what we can't do with what we have gained in the game especially with our assets, I don't view it as farming if a friend decides that he can't keep these crystal and wants to give them away are a scenario where he knows he's going to be inactive for the last 500 ticks and decide well hey why not give it to my dear friend beside me, and besides how will you know its farming??? and about Relics it was stated that they cant be placed in unreachable zones but the reason most people do this is so they can keep it safe but what about wreckages out in the ocean that has been loved by relic lovers over the years also suppose your travelling your relics from North America to Antarctica, will you be ask to travel by land enduring the countless attacks by multiple people along the landscape and I see this applies to Earth maps only, I have heard complains of earth maps and there is no change to be done so you should be allowed to go on every part of the earth desired like Hawaii and New Zealand. The earth map is strange and a bit full of different shape lands but that's why we have Fantasy and Mars as Earth maps are unique. there is equal joy in earth maps as any other world which is my opinion.

Aah you see your compairing 2 things here... 1 being first Normal worlds and solo worlds the same... Solo world is based off score that last 500 ticks people find it very very unfair that someone suddenly gives there 150 crystals 200 crystals to there friend to boost there score at the last few ticks of the round so they win and I agree with this. So balance the matter the last 500 ticks unless its true war going on people being sneaky covert and etc... then really trying to put the foot down on allowing alliances and big subs families to try and control the score board and the VERY end of the round.

RElics being in the no reach zone. Again this applies to the same concept of the Normal to solo world. Normally you can have a whole team helping capture the no reach area... Where a single person can hide out with his relics and others wont take the risk because it puts there own relics at to great of risk. What it really means if you get your relic and get it out there. ITs yours to keep for good. So no relics out there will not be hiding they will stay in flight range as you can see its falls in the same concept as we blocked out the hard to reach areas like new Zealand and Hawaii where it was making attacking them almost unattackable.

Wreckages out there. PLEASE let me now... If you see them out there and complain there out there... but don't tell me well that's just silly! If there out there and no one can get them what good are they out there! REport them... I have no problem moving them close to the coast lines where they can be reachable. I have always done this for anyone that Brought up wreckages that they couldn't have reached by anyone.

THank you for your opinion though I do value any more insight you might think on this.. again this is not set in stone you might bring up something I didn't think about. So please do tell me anything else you might disagree with or if what I said didn't make sense. I want to hear it... I want to make sure that people understand the rules and can agree with them

admin joe

Post subject: Re: Earth 5 Offical Rule set - Player Dicussion no trolling.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:26 pm 
Private
Private

Honestly, everyone has put down valid points. I have been playing Solo for the last 4 years. Every era. I don't think I have missed one. Even if it is just to watch or to claim blues.

No it is not easy to get R5, but it can be done, I did it without farming AND without boosting 2 years ago while I was playing for fun and wound up rank 12-15

I do not have subs/families or play for a family. Occasionally you will find me with 1-3 friends who join for the blues or to watch. We normally do not partake in big wars unless provoked. There is really no point because of the families and subs they have.

Love playing solo because as someone already said, you are your own boss. Plus no one to let you down, rely on yourself and your skills. IF you play proper solo and don't have to face the whole world

But unfortunately in solo world since I have joined its always been 1 family after the other taking over. No one can win without having a huge family or a plethora of subs. There are the exceptions of course.

I have played, me vs. 5-7 players (Not including subs of theirs) in several eras which is ridiculous, Even if you had enough Reds to boost everything that means your still being jammed and cant see nothing for a long time.

Its just not my style to play solo with families or subs. But really how can you get to top 10 rank without being part of a family?

As excellent a player as I am, even with a whole bunch of reds 1 vs 10 players solo style to reach top 10? Would never be possible without subs/families/friends. If its after tick 700-1,000 there is a possibility because you could have R5 at that point. But other than that with suicide attackers after suicide attackers crashing into you and you spend all those reds with low income due to the fact your locked up in one particular location makes it hard. So even then having allied players fighting your battles doesn't help the game for people who actually play solo.

I have played with Milanos in solo world and he plays like a solo artist. No one knows who he is or what he is doing. He has his allies and he has a game plan which I commend. The allies help on occasion. Hard not to get allies to help.

Everyone that has posted here I probably know or played against. Very rarely played with in solo world (meaning in a sub or family) but probably as an ally.

Now to the main rules:

Admin Joe has a tough job cut out for him. As Milanos pointed out if you change something then another question arises because of that changed point. Although I do agree with most of them.

Now that relics and locations have been taken out of the equation it makes it harder for certain players to play. I have seen PLO beset on all sides by dozens of players on at least 3-4 occasions. I know he boosts a lot and having those locations makes it a big difference for him. For some reason everyone seems out to get him. He may have his subs, family, allies whatever you call them but still having 5-10 players suiciding into you or nuking you is not a joke. Makes it a lot tougher.

In reality how can you tell if someone is a sub or not if they wont declare it? There are so many hidden players around. Your never going to really know. And as to setting a timer for booting them well admin said that's locked if I remember, I log on once or twice a day in solo world just to build and see whats what, so kinda hard to change the timing for certain players that come in once or twice a day.

I am in agreement with the last 500 tick rule. That no player should hand over relics or crystals in the last 500.

Actually I think that crystal hand overs or relic handovers should not be done at all. If you die and an ally takes your crystals then the player that fought for those crystals will have to rebuild his army to take the crystals away from his enemies ally which makes it a whole lot tougher thus again creating the need for having subs/families.

I say let the relics/crystals remain with the original owner until attacking party gets to it. Even if the attacking player score is say in the top 50 it makes it a lot harder then to play for everyone because he can not give his "spoils of war" to his ally which will kick his ally to the top 10. They may be spoils of war but then its unfair if your score is so low and you give those crystals or relic to someone that is just on the sideline just so the family name could be there at the top 10 or whatever. Just cause a suicider took out the army and won and your in top 50 with a lot of crystals or relic and u hand them over to another player that has just been sitting and boosting all era or just building.

Anyways that is my several bits. Enjoy the read

Good luck to one and all in the new Era. Man I miss 4 ticker worlds. So much fun although lacking of sleep as plo pointed out. Thanks again admin for being our Admin. Have fun everyone and remember its just a game. Apologies for the long winded rant.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:54 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Yessum wrote:
Solution: Don't run E5.

best idea, E5 is cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:34 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

boredoooom wrote:
Honestly, everyone has put down valid points. I have been playing Solo for the last 4 years. Every era. I don't think I have missed one. Even if it is just to watch or to claim blues.

No it is not easy to get R5, but it can be done, I did it without farming AND without boosting 2 years ago while I was playing for fun and wound up rank 12-15

I do not have subs/families or play for a family. Occasionally you will find me with 1-3 friends who join for the blues or to watch. We normally do not partake in big wars unless provoked. There is really no point because of the families and subs they have.

Love playing solo because as someone already said, you are your own boss. Plus no one to let you down, rely on yourself and your skills. IF you play proper solo and don't have to face the whole world

But unfortunately in solo world since I have joined its always been 1 family after the other taking over. No one can win without having a huge family or a plethora of subs. There are the exceptions of course.

I have played, me vs. 5-7 players (Not including subs of theirs) in several eras which is ridiculous, Even if you had enough Reds to boost everything that means your still being jammed and cant see nothing for a long time.

Its just not my style to play solo with families or subs. But really how can you get to top 10 rank without being part of a family?

As excellent a player as I am, even with a whole bunch of reds 1 vs 10 players solo style to reach top 10? Would never be possible without subs/families/friends. If its after tick 700-1,000 there is a possibility because you could have R5 at that point. But other than that with suicide attackers after suicide attackers crashing into you and you spend all those reds with low income due to the fact your locked up in one particular location makes it hard. So even then having allied players fighting your battles doesn't help the game for people who actually play solo.

I have played with Milanos in solo world and he plays like a solo artist. No one knows who he is or what he is doing. He has his allies and he has a game plan which I commend. The allies help on occasion. Hard not to get allies to help.

Everyone that has posted here I probably know or played against. Very rarely played with in solo world (meaning in a sub or family) but probably as an ally.

Now to the main rules:

Admin Joe has a tough job cut out for him. As Milanos pointed out if you change something then another question arises because of that changed point. Although I do agree with most of them.

Now that relics and locations have been taken out of the equation it makes it harder for certain players to play. I have seen PLO beset on all sides by dozens of players on at least 3-4 occasions. I know he boosts a lot and having those locations makes it a big difference for him. For some reason everyone seems out to get him. He may have his subs, family, allies whatever you call them but still having 5-10 players suiciding into you or nuking you is not a joke. Makes it a lot tougher.

In reality how can you tell if someone is a sub or not if they wont declare it? There are so many hidden players around. Your never going to really know. And as to setting a timer for booting them well admin said that's locked if I remember, I log on once or twice a day in solo world just to build and see whats what, so kinda hard to change the timing for certain players that come in once or twice a day.

I am in agreement with the last 500 tick rule. That no player should hand over relics or crystals in the last 500.

Actually I think that crystal hand overs or relic handovers should not be done at all. If you die and an ally takes your crystals then the player that fought for those crystals will have to rebuild his army to take the crystals away from his enemies ally which makes it a whole lot tougher thus again creating the need for having subs/families.

I say let the relics/crystals remain with the original owner until attacking party gets to it. Even if the attacking player score is say in the top 50 it makes it a lot harder then to play for everyone because he can not give his "spoils of war" to his ally which will kick his ally to the top 10. They may be spoils of war but then its unfair if your score is so low and you give those crystals or relic to someone that is just on the sideline just so the family name could be there at the top 10 or whatever. Just cause a suicider took out the army and won and your in top 50 with a lot of crystals or relic and u hand them over to another player that has just been sitting and boosting all era or just building.

Anyways that is my several bits. Enjoy the read

Good luck to one and all in the new Era. Man I miss 4 ticker worlds. So much fun although lacking of sleep as plo pointed out. Thanks again admin for being our Admin. Have fun everyone and remember its just a game. Apologies for the long winded rant.

AGAIN!! Read what I said.... I believe possible 2 years ago to get R5 no problem.... it's E5 NOW - how it has been played these last eras.... 2 or 3 families means without taking friendly fire the amount of R5 units being created are not believable... Odd units of course - but we repeatedly see multiple squads of R5 in an alliance before families even really encounter each other... sorry that is BS.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:36 pm 
Private
Private

Well admin if u make these rules get them implied.. I see otf family last era.. Wasn't that an ally thing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:54 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

Just wondering...why is it a problem to be a family teaming up together? Why is it bad to have friends and fight the map with them? That is what makes BD fun compared to other games. Co-operation and getting organized with friends is what makes the game special.

If you guys are not able to make friends...maybe start thinking whats wrong with you. Why others cant trust you? Maybe re-consider before backstabbing again?

I do agree though to no handing over relics and crystals and generally to the rules Admin Joe implied.

Enjoy the era addicts ! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

That's not a problem... In other worlds. This was supposed to be SOLO. Even in a two-man alliance, you at least have someone that can cover you while you sleep and run anti-spams. In a solo world? That's just not gonna happen. It's in the title of the world, is that so difficult to see? We're not supposed to be able to trust anyone when it's a world of every man for himself. We're not supposed to cooperate. In E5 and just E5, it's supposed to be a slaughterfest where the one to win is the last one standing. Now it's just who can get the most suiciders to go against the enemy while you sit and dodge the ones after you and either boost or pray you got enough mines after the spams are over. Is that supposed to be fun? Cause I don't think the majority of the people agree.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:15 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Do people still cry about subs and suiciders on battledawn , i thought there wasnt enough population left to manage that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come and try supermechs , 1vs1 here , maybe some reason why supermechs have gone up up up and BD is going down down down , Fair Fight ensured ;)

Current Status : Playing Clash of Clans with BD friends

:D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:47 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

i see all these posts about doing something about families and players working together. there is no way to tell sometimes if some players work together in a family unless they decide to make it obvious, since most of the communication and coordination happens in another program, like Skype or Whatsapp. i mean, you can wish all you want, but good luck trying to enforce something. unless you figure out a way to cut all communications between 2 players and take down their skype and all other forms of communication. but then thats not rule-enforcing. that's just illegal.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:10 pm 
Private
Private

Ourania wrote:
Just wondering...why is it a problem to be a family teaming up together? Why is it bad to have friends and fight the map with them? That is what makes BD fun compared to other games. Co-operation and getting organized with friends is what makes the game special.

If you guys are not able to make friends...maybe start thinking whats wrong with you. Why others cant trust you? Maybe re-consider before backstabbing again?

I do agree though to no handing over relics and crystals and generally to the rules Admin Joe implied.

Enjoy the era addicts ! :lol:

Bro, the reason mass teaming is a problem on Earth 5 is because it is the ONLY solo world. Some, like me, only play solo worlds for it's unique every-man-for-themselves tactics. But when 20+ people come together and team up it's no longer a solo world, it's just like the rest of them

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next