It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Stab strikes again
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:19 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 YIM  Profile

after he attacked me i attacked him , he didnt even bother to shield
This decided I had yummy crystals, he hit my shield 1 tick before i hit his colony ... killed with missile after relocateing

damage still sucks

Post subject: Re: Stab strikes again
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Damage sucks? Anything will suck when facing an army that has 11,102 experience. Nice try.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

lol 11k exp is not that much between 150 infanty i think he used a spy and if the battle doesn't last more than 1 round similar to the lat br then dmg is COMPLETELY useless.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:37 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

That equals out to around 74 experience for each individual unit.

Don't give me that crap, that's the same thing everyone says. Even if I didn't have any interest in damage units, I would still use them. Because not using them at all and continuing to reject them is a slap in the face to the devs.

I bet you got that from Milan, or one of the other pro's. Think individually, don't bandwagon on every single detail.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:18 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 YIM  Profile

my 5 squads killed 18 (1 hp) squads and i lost 4 armor , damage was a waste as point of battle is round 1 win , in game play who fights with equal squads? Your wasting your time believing in your sim
I could have sent 3 squads and had same result , i just wanted some other units to gain exp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I've heard that argument too. Obviously I wasn't going for the realistic thing, if you look closely, the side that lost is the 'pro build' which shows that the pro build obviously can't live up to its name. Damage isn't a waste, I highly doubt you've ever tried using it, much less considering using it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:48 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I realistic conditions damage has been proven to fail in pretty much every possible circumstance (maybe a few oddities here and there).

If you win a battle they suck because either:
It lasted one round and they never got to fire
It lasted more than one round and you took unnecessary casualties because if they were range you would have kill more on the first round
It actually lasted long enough to matter and... DERP IT LASTED MORE THAN THREE ROUNDS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Yes I know it does more damage than ranged by round three)

If you lose a battle then they suck because:
If you had more ranged you would have done more damage
or they derped and let the battle go on for more than 2 rounds.

Them being bad =/= you being good

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:52 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

It's common sense that if one squad build beats another, 20 of those squads will beat 20 of the other squads. It doesn't matter how many units or how many rounds. Maybe if you tried using damage, instead of just listening and repeating. :roll: Oh, and some screenshots would be nice? Btw, This doesn't even qualify, he used a spy attack and his army had a lot more experience than his opponent.

I won't be debating any further, if you want to continue the debate PM me or make a thread. :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:58 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Key phrase spy attack. Try using those more.

I'm going to stop to. Obviously no matter how many people tell you otherwise you'll keep using damage :lol:

If you can make it work go for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

dylsupreme1 wrote:
That equals out to around 74 experience for each individual unit.

Don't give me that crap, that's the same thing everyone says. Even if I didn't have any interest in damage units, I would still use them. Because not using them at all and continuing to reject them is a slap in the face to the devs.

I bet you got that from Milan, or one of the other pro's. Think individually, don't bandwagon on every single detail.

i didn't bandwagon on anyone's idea. it's a given if someone else didn't tell you that dmg units are useless because the round doesn't last more than 1 round then you should be able to figure it out yourself.

and first realize this, he used a spy attack so that means in a SENSE that stab had more units more or less.

second the way battle in battle dawn goes is like this( if you didn't already know):

range fires..... units are killed --------because of 3 range.
damage( if there are any) and range fire.------2 range at this point.
if the battle still goes and armor and other units are there all types of units will attack. ----------1 range at this point.

but in the case in which stab showed us, the range units at 3 range killed the other units all in the first round so the damage never got the chance to attack thus USELESS, and the other side's range attacked as well but they only killed 4. there you have it. unless you are trolling or something with your knowledge of BD, you should be able to acknowledge that 1 round battles are ideal.

sooo
the pro build is only good because it takes in the consideration that most battles will and should end by the FIRST round if not the second.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next