It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Quick note to noobs about nukes -- They kill units.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:14 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I thought this newbie tip was somewhat obvious, but in my recent experience against Prr, I'm understanding it is not well known. When someone launches a nuke at you, as it slowly flies to where you are, if you sit there when it hits, you actually take damage and lose like 10 percent of your units.

I know. WOW!!

Each of the past three nights nukes have flown for hours and hours and hours and killed 260 Prr units, then 110, then 20, etc. It is also apparently not well understood that when there are 14 members in an alliance, ANY of them can shoot down a nuke to prevent it from hitting one of your own. This is clearly not fully understood by some of the newer players, like in Prr.

I hope these two tips aid in wars to come.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Quick note to noobs about nukes -- They kill units.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:19 pm 
Captain
Captain

I enjoyed your post a few days ago about how awesome and accomplished you are in real life. Yet it seems with all these earthly pleasures you have, your only real enjoyment is belittling people via an internet video game.

Congratulations sir, you suck at life.

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:54 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Previous Alliances; Prr, XXIV, DrTY, Doom, FF, CAE, AUA , IRON, IW.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:15 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

redwurm wrote:
I enjoyed your post a few days ago about how awesome and accomplished you are in real life. Yet it seems with all these earthly pleasures you have, your only real enjoyment is belittling people via an internet video game.

Congratulations sir, you suck at life.

Or, I'm superior here and in life, which is likely a drag for those who are only good here.

I get that.

As an example, this morning, I sent an attack to help kill 1500 enemy units. I then went skiing. I got back and all the units were dead. Almost all mine were alive.

It's great to be me, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:40 pm 
Captain
Captain

Edit...misinformation.
FYI, neither Will or I have been hit by nukes.

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:09 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

redwurm wrote:
Edit...misinformation.
FYI, neither Will or I have been hit by nukes.

I never said you or Will have been hit by nukes. I said repeatedly people in your alliance have been hit by nukes. I do not know the poor fools in your alliance you and Will have allowed to be hit by nukes, if you and he have not been. I merely find it amusing that you and he have not been, and, in fact, you and he have been on to move away from incoming, but no ions are used to help your other members and no alarm is raised to get him to move HOURS and HOURS after a nuke is launched.

It may actually have been better for you to admit to sitting there and taking a nuke to avoid just admitting you have saved yourself while contributing to others getting hammered by not doing the simple things alliance members do to stop that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:56 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Oluvai wrote:
I merely find it amusing that you and he have not been, and, in fact, you and he have been on to move away from incoming, but no ions are used to help your other members and no alarm is raised to get him to move HOURS and HOURS after a nuke is launched.

No member has lost units to a nuke while I've been online. Also the alarm raised issue, clearly we're 1/2 completely inactive which is why we're merging, and yes I sent international texts to most of them before using an ion. I'll look the other way to 90% of your banter which you probbaly know it utter bs. Just thought I'd correct you here though. I'll let you go back to committing non-stop libel though in an attempt to either taint my name or frustrate me. I've never met someone before who goes out of their way to attack and frustrate others, your lack of respect towards others is unprecedented and I'll be glad to never hear from you again. Also thanks for the taunting ingame after I told you never to message me again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:57 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

niracas wrote:
Oluvai wrote:
I merely find it amusing that you and he have not been, and, in fact, you and he have been on to move away from incoming, but no ions are used to help your other members and no alarm is raised to get him to move HOURS and HOURS after a nuke is launched.

No member has lost units to a nuke while I've been online. Also the alarm raised issue, clearly we're 1/2 completely inactive which is why we're merging, and yes I sent international texts to most of them before using an ion. I'll look the other way to 90% of your banter which you probbaly know it utter bs. Just thought I'd correct you here though. I'll let you go back to committing non-stop libel though in an attempt to either taint my name or frustrate me. I've never met someone before who goes out of their way to attack and frustrate others, your lack of respect towards others is unprecedented and I'll be glad to never hear from you again. Also thanks for the taunting ingame after I told you never to message me again.

The diva is back.

First, you never messaged me never to message you again, save here, and I honored that. I only messaged you in game AFTER you messaged me and I thanked you for opening that door. And, figuring you'd fib about that to others, I immediately reported your contact to me to the in game admin, forum admin and two mods, so you could NEVER suggest I violated your request, but, in fact, you prompted further contact.

Now that you know this overhead was done as my keen insight into your soul allowed me to know you'd ONE day fib about it here, please be cautious in such fibbing.

As to whether or not you have been on line when the multiple nukes have hit your people over several days, I suspect that's another fib. Once I launched at an OP you and Marc were going to. I saw you land there and move and two ticks later saw your boy hit. So you were nearly on at the very least.

It's of no consequence. The advice in the opening post remains strong. An alliance has multiple members to assure others don't get hit and it's ok to move to prevent it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]