It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Gauntlet has been thrown...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:19 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mchl481 wrote:
lol....... we shall die together!

wait , wut?

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:48 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

looks fun.. maybe i will sit and watch and NOT PLAY.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:53 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Rumor has it, this will be the Super Bowl of Battledawn worlds. Maybe the winners will even get a prize...

Bling, Bling, Battle Dawn Ring

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:09 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Kane~~This is the most hypocritical post I have ever seen.

1. When a call to create an alliance is made...everyone wants to make sure that the top 10-20 players are playing for them. Anyone below that, even though they are good are filtered out. I have seen this happen amongst the so-called "BD Greats". Even if they have 30 BD friends on their MSN ...only the top 10-12 are considered while deciding on an alliance. Why not give the rest a chance?

2. Rather than complaining about there being no challengers..why not mix-up the team roster..era after era, the same players stick to the same alliances. A few change only because the former players have "quit" OR "are too busy at work/rl". No real effort is made to incubate even ONE SINGLE newcomer who may have potential....or even split your alliance and encourage them to set up their own and start a competition.

3. Why make E4 the de-facto server for others to challenge. Shouldnt you be taking your actions elsewhere where other alliances dominate. Lets see you perform away from your turf side by side another top alliance.

4. You dont have to care about diplomacy because the rules under which you so called "veterans" work are simple - Make sure no alliance sets up in your "turf"..if they do....bully them into submission..and we all know how having "deep-pockets" help. Then stupid NAPS are entered into which are later broken with lame excuses.

An example to quote for you:
With that said and done, as a long standing player of BD, take my hat off to Simen (Im sure many of you guys who are regulars know him). He started an alliance with 2-3 good players only with the purpose of "incubating and teaching new beginners this game". Currently as we speak, Newb Alliance is ranked #2 on E5.....a very commendable job indeed. Now Simen is referring all these so called "Newb" into top alliances and encouraging top alliances to have faith in them and their abilities. Thats what I call building a true gaming atmosphere and competitive environment.

SORRY KANE - I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST YOU BUT THIS POST OF YOURS IS YET ANOTHER REASON FOR YOU TO COME OUT HERE AND TOOT YOUR HORN ABOUT HOW "GREAT" YOU AND YOUR SO CALLED ALLIANCE IS.
YOU WANT COMPETITION, TRY LEADING AN ALLIANCE NOT HAVING THE TOP 10-12 PLAYERS IN IT ALWAYS. TRY DOING WHAT SIMEN DOES - HELPING PEOPLE GROW, LEARN AND DEVELOP INSTEAD OF COMING HERE AND SAYING THAT - "YOU DEMAND SATISFACTION". I SEE THAT AS ARROGANCE AT ITS CORE.
THIS POST OF MINE IS HERE TODAY BECAUSE, SUPRISINGLY A LOT OF WELL RESPECTED PEOPLE IN BATTLEDAWN AGREE THAT YOUR TONE IS MORE ARROGANT THAN NURTURING

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:13 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

btw e4 no one has ever won on it with 10 relics.. therefor never has been achieved for a perfect victory.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

I have no idea who you are, but I'll respond to your post.

Quote:
1. When a call to create an alliance is made...everyone wants to make sure that the top 10-20 players are playing for them. Anyone below that, even though they are good are filtered out. I have seen this happen amongst the so-called "BD Greats". Even if they have 30 BD friends on their MSN ...only the top 10-12 are considered while deciding on an alliance. Why not give the rest a chance?

So you are saying that out of the goodness of my heart I should tell my friends to screw off just because they happen to be good? There are tons of great players in BD, with the reduced alliance limit there is not much room for me to abuse... I agree with the problem of grouping players into too big an alliance. That's why I'm at the spearhead of the movement to reduce the numbers. I think if you paid attention you'd see you come off like you don't know what you're talking about. I don't invite people just because they're good, so again you seem foolish.

Quote:
2. Rather than complaining about there being no challengers..why not mix-up the team roster..era after era, the same players stick to the same alliances. A few change only because the former players have "quit" OR "are too busy at work/rl". No real effort is made to incubate even ONE SINGLE newcomer who may have potential....or even split your alliance and encourage them to set up their own and start a competition.

The smaller alliance, the larger a risk to recruit people who haven't proven to be active. I am willing to teach anyone the game, ask around and try to find someone who has unsuccessfully approached me for advice/assistance. I dare you. In fact, I have recruited a few 1st/2nd timers before, and I plan to continue doing this, next round is no exception. Your point is moot.

Quote:
3. Why make E4 the de-facto server for others to challenge. Shouldnt you be taking your actions elsewhere where other alliances dominate. Lets see you perform away from your turf side by side another top alliance.

I don't like Mars, I don't like Fantasy, I don't like double tick servers. I'd be more than happy to explain why, but for simplicity sake I will assume you don't care about anything but arguing with me... if you wish to know, say so. I'm issuing a challenge on a classic BD server (earth, single tick) and anyone who wishes to partake is welcome to do so. I shouldn't have to roam into servers I hate just to find active people, that would still be the 1v1 single war situation which I have stated is a problem. I want more than 2 good teams, so finding a neutral server to stage this on is the best option... not yours.

Quote:
4. You dont have to care about diplomacy because the rules under which you so called "veterans" work are simple - Make sure no alliance sets up in your "turf"..if they do....bully them into submission..and we all know how having "deep-pockets" help. Then stupid NAPS are entered into which are later broken with lame excuses.

Ah, starting to make sense now... have I conquered you before? Do you claim I'm a backstabber? This would make sense as to where this post came from. Early wars are of benefit to no one, that's why I try to keep space between myself and others. If people are in my area, I'll attack them, otherwise it wouldn't be 'my' area would it? That's a war game, get used to it. The reason I don't care about diplomacy most of the time is because there has been no punishment for ignoring it, get me some competition and suddenly it matters again... that's what I want.

I hope I've addressed your concerns.
-Kane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:32 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Kimoz, who are you? Unbelievable, the guy is just trying to drum up a little competition on a server and you write a novel to just contradict him.

Tell me Kimoz, how many of these 101 did Kane do to you. That' the only thing that makes sense...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:55 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I'd bring Prr and steal a few of your members but neither f1 nor m2 will be over. Have fun...

Now although it may have been aggressive Kimoz makes a point. You find it too easy? Don't backstab your allies while they're at their weakest and bully everyone and it'll be more competitive, don't play with subs etc. Had you not hit Ml on e1 when/how you did, had you waited, or declared war... etc the round would have been more interesting, but instead it was over essentially right then.

Back to the point at hand, hope you all have fun and the round hasn't been decided 1/3 of the way through.

The task isn't necessarily getting veterans or donators, but actives. I'll take an incredibly active player over most vets anyday and train them, and have. One thing I liked about the large alliances(24) is you could carry some dead weight or newbs, the issue is your enemy isn't always willing to do the same.

Perhaps I'll make a training alliance when my other servers are done and watch/wreak havoc in a late war :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:58 pm 
Captain
Captain

I'm sure M2 will be over around the same time if not before E4 starts. We already talked about it, you know I'll play with you if you form Prr.

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:04 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Sorry, I have no members you could take... you could try all you like though. ;)

As for your claims, when have I backstabbed an ally? Bullying? War is part of the game buddy, I never broke my word. I wouldn't think you'd be whining about that still, Redwurm is over it. I don't use subs, what do you want me to do? Pledge to not login any consecutive ticks? Seriously now, it's a war game, as long as I don't break my word or exploit any of your complaints seem arbitrary.

Activity is obviously the number one thing I care about, donations come and go, skill can be taught... which I have done to many people. So don't think you're special in that regard.

F1 and M2 are both in essence over, as is E1... so you can't use that excuse for not showing up. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next