It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cobraaa
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:01 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 9
Korupt wrote:
Well you didn't touch my statement that most players winning now are non boosters. :lol: As you said though there will never be players of equal skill and even if they are they could make a mistake that does not mean they are not close in skill just maybe one became tired and didn't do something he knew he should. As I said there are far too many factors in bd to ever say this person and this person are on a level playing field because even if we consider just those 2 activity could vary, knowledge of the game, strategy when fighting war, or one could be a diplomatic genius. They could be about equal in skill but even then they will have different strengths and weaknesses. All of that refutes your point before we even consider outside elements such as placement, allies, tricks up their sleeve ect.


Look , whatever , maybe you're right maybe not...

Even if mostly non-boosters are winners

still boosting makes it unfair , for the 2nd tier players, it can make them end up in for example 8th place instead of for example 5th.

and please don't be saying stuff so extremely vague as "one could get tired" and such and this and the other ,

that way this argument could go on forever.

but here look, it's nothing personal (simply because i have no idea whatsoever who you are and i've never heard of you) but to me it seems that you know im a bit more right than you are and because of this u throw in stuff like "most winners are non-booster"

I dont care about winners , loosers , winning and loosing.

the only thing i care about is that BOOSTING makes it more about the money you are willing to spend on the game instead of pure and utter skill.

:!:


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Cobraaa
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:55 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
My simple point is this, it is not just about the money you are willing to spend. When you oversimplify things you neglect too many aspects, you want me to not say there are many factors but in the end all the factors I mentioned are quite important and that is not even all of them. To look at something black and white does not give you a real assessment on the situation and that is what you are attempting to do here. Boosting is not a huge advantage nor is it something that it impossible to beat, there are so many avenues which you could use to overcome a booster. You are saying boosting is unfair and the way you are saying it implies you would like 0 boosting but the simple fact remains, if you remove boosting you remove the game because there are many costs when it comes to running a game. To your first statement though if boosting made it unfair there would not be so many non boosters able to win because it would be unfair or unbalanced. As it is now there is balance.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Cobraaa
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:08 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 9
Korupt wrote:
My simple point is this, it is not just about the money you are willing to spend. When you oversimplify things you neglect too many aspects, you want me to not say there are many factors but in the end all the factors I mentioned are quite important and that is not even all of them. To look at something black and white does not give you a real assessment on the situation and that is what you are attempting to do here. Boosting is not a huge advantage nor is it something that it impossible to beat, there are so many avenues which you could use to overcome a booster. You are saying boosting is unfair and the way you are saying it implies you would like 0 boosting but the simple fact remains, if you remove boosting you remove the game because there are many costs when it comes to running a game. To your first statement though if boosting made it unfair there would not be so many non boosters able to win because it would be unfair or unbalanced. As it is now there is balance.


Let me tell you something "Korupt"

I agree with you , about like 90% of the things you said.

YES , it is possible to beat a booster and YES there are costs of running a game and YES maybe I did oversimplify things.

But the one thing I just cant agree with is that boosting does not give a huge advantage.

It all comes back to logic at this point,


If a player can get twice as much resources in the same time as his opponent , therefore build up the colony and make an army much faster.....

.....then I would think that it would be a great advantage. Don't you think ?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Cobraaa
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:11 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
If there was no other source of income such as mines, conquers, ops and if things like overhead didn't exist yes I would agree but that is not the case. There are simply too many factors to say it is a huge advantage, there is an advantage that much is obvious but it is not a huge one.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Cobraaa
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:13 am 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 9
Korupt wrote:
If there was no other source of income such as mines, conquers, ops and if things like overhead didn't exist yes I would agree but that is not the case. There are simply too many factors to say it is a huge advantage, there is an advantage that much is obvious but it is not a huge one.


yes, but if you are boosting then it is easier to obtain oil and metal mines , and it is easier to get conquers simply because u can get a bigger army in a short amount of time....

about the advantage...
MAYBE its not that huge , but it is definitely NOT SMALL.
:mrgreen:


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Cobraaa
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:17 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
Jackbai wrote:
Korupt wrote:
If there was no other source of income such as mines, conquers, ops and if things like overhead didn't exist yes I would agree but that is not the case. There are simply too many factors to say it is a huge advantage, there is an advantage that much is obvious but it is not a huge one.


yes, but if you are boosting then it is easier to obtain oil and metal mines , and it is easier to get conquers simply because u can get a bigger army in a short amount of time....

about the advantage...
MAYBE its not that huge , but it is definitely NOT SMALL.
:mrgreen:

The size of the army doesn't mean a thing when you don't know how to use it. :lol: Even when you do there is enough ways to be trapped or killed unless you are cautious and I must admit I only know 2 people that will never get caught in a trap because of their play style.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Cobraaa
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:09 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 9
Korupt wrote:
Jackbai wrote:
Korupt wrote:
If there was no other source of income such as mines, conquers, ops and if things like overhead didn't exist yes I would agree but that is not the case. There are simply too many factors to say it is a huge advantage, there is an advantage that much is obvious but it is not a huge one.


yes, but if you are boosting then it is easier to obtain oil and metal mines , and it is easier to get conquers simply because u can get a bigger army in a short amount of time....

about the advantage...
MAYBE its not that huge , but it is definitely NOT SMALL.
:mrgreen:

The size of the army doesn't mean a thing when you don't know how to use it. :lol: Even when you do there is enough ways to be trapped or killed unless you are cautious and I must admit I only know 2 people that will never get caught in a trap because of their play style.


Dude...

In an average gameplay there is'nt a lot of planned "traps"

to be honest now, the more you talk the less sense you make and the more you change the subject to some point


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Cobraaa
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:28 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
Traps are used quite a bit actually considering even the championship era was held up for awhile because alliance's were at a standstill not wanting to get trapped. If you are not using traps when you play that could be a major reason behind thinking that boosters have a huge advantage. To not take advantage of spies, nukes, and any little trick you know is simply a disadvantage to you. It is there and you have the ability to use it so why neglect it? That's like having an inhaler in your hand while suffering from an asthma attack and not using it. Take advantage of every tool and bit of knowledge at your disposal. As for your final comment, every statement I have made has been accurate and coincides with this topic, you seem to have a narrow vision and thus disregard all these assets available to you.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Cobraaa
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 9
Korupt wrote:
Traps are used quite a bit actually considering even the championship era was held up for awhile because alliance's were at a standstill not wanting to get trapped. If you are not using traps when you play that could be a major reason behind thinking that boosters have a huge advantage. To not take advantage of spies, nukes, and any little trick you know is simply a disadvantage to you. It is there and you have the ability to use it so why neglect it? That's like having an inhaler in your hand while suffering from an asthma attack and not using it. Take advantage of every tool and bit of knowledge at your disposal. As for your final comment, every statement I have made has been accurate and coincides with this topic, you seem to have a narrow vision and thus disregard all these assets available to you.


ok ,ok

But you gotta admit ,

If someone is boosting then they will be able to get all these nukes , get spies faster plus getting more army..... so it is a big advantage


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Cobraaa
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:54 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
Jackbai wrote:
Korupt wrote:
Traps are used quite a bit actually considering even the championship era was held up for awhile because alliance's were at a standstill not wanting to get trapped. If you are not using traps when you play that could be a major reason behind thinking that boosters have a huge advantage. To not take advantage of spies, nukes, and any little trick you know is simply a disadvantage to you. It is there and you have the ability to use it so why neglect it? That's like having an inhaler in your hand while suffering from an asthma attack and not using it. Take advantage of every tool and bit of knowledge at your disposal. As for your final comment, every statement I have made has been accurate and coincides with this topic, you seem to have a narrow vision and thus disregard all these assets available to you.


ok ,ok

But you gotta admit ,

If someone is boosting then they will be able to get all these nukes , get spies faster plus getting more army..... so it is a big advantage

I tend to have more nukes than any booster. :lol: Spies are not really affected by resources though, yes energy to plant agents but that is a relatively level income since it will not be affected by mines and wells or conquers.

_________________
Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl