It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: When GIFT attacks!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:33 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

aazaadx wrote:

Interestingly enough, I Rode with him when he led WaVe and he didn't quite seem like an idiot to me. Would you like to elaborate on your experience as a perfect player?

Look I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation here. So, please be quiet and let me talk. :)

WaVe's enemies were garbage and on a server that gave huge advantage to the top alliance with extra attack speed.

Why else did all of WaVe's players lose when they joined the lower number earth servers against other high level teams?

Niracas, Stinky, Blarg, LoW, MoA, etc... all went to other servers and lost most of the time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:52 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Twilightmask wrote:
2camelsinatinycar wrote:
The fact is, squads large enough to wipe out your damage units in one round makes damage as good as armor units, except being more expensive and having 25% lesser HP.

The only thing it's good for is to conquer newbies and their outposts.. which can be accomplished by just an APC at times.

(also a response to Ferr3t's post)

I would agree to some extent but I was being attacked before I ever had enough money to upgrade all the way to Ranged units.
To STAY unconquered I had to use what was available to me.

Sure, if you threw enough range at me then all my units would die period, but when GIFT was attacking me, on both occasions I would have won due to a combination of enough armored units to keep my Damage units from dying long enough for the Damage units to do their thing.

The Range only have 1 more range than Damage and after that the Damage units have more powerful weapons. Range is only better so long as you can eliminate everything before you get close.

If you do some sort of scan and they you can determine to some degree of accuracy how many units are coming, say from the Number of squads approaching, you can then use the battle simulator to tailor an army that you won't loose with,. This works unless there are just too many units to determine within reason, how many there are. Example: On one world an enemy of mine has ... according to scans, anywhere from 210- 350 units, so I can't plan very well an exact and perfect reposte to that number, but it would have been unlikely that GIFT would have really wanted to destroy me that badly to send that number of units.

Anyway,
According to the battle simulator it would have taken about 50 Ranged Concussive tanks plus armor to destroy my army of Damage units without significant loss. Even more than that to take me without any loss. That's a pretty big commitment for one colony that isn't threatening you near the beginning of the round.

So to me, Damage units are very useful. They may not be what I want my final army to be composed of. Range always get that edge. But they are effective if used properly.
Edit: PLUS! Some of them are just freaking awesome. I just unlocked Cavalry Damage units on a Fantasy server. Amazon knights? Bear Cavalry. HOW CAN I NOT BUILD AN ARMY OF THESE!?!?!?! :o

Nobody can stop you from losing all your damage units to range units without injuring anyone at all.

Chuck Norris once urinated in a semi truck's gas tank as a joke....that truck is now known as Optimus Prime.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:59 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Damage units are more efficient in battles between even numbers of units due to their cheaper price... but in the long run they only allow the enemy more rounds to do you damage, thereby increasing the costs of maintaining your army over the course of many engagements.

Range units kill the enemy faster, and if you only fight battles where you have the advantage, you will take less losses over the long term. That is why all top level players keep only range units.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 pm 
Captain
Captain

psg188 wrote:
Damage units are more efficient in battles between even numbers of units due to their cheaper price... but in the long run they only allow the enemy more rounds to do you damage, thereby increasing the costs of maintaining your army over the course of many engagements.

Only at even ratios of 10:10:10 for infantry 5:5:5 for veh and 3:3:4 for mechs. But their inexpensiveness evens out with Ranged units in the long run because of the increased overhead cost. Damage units are also much less efficient in fights where you are out numbered. If they have 10 squads full and you have 5 the ranged would deal maybe 3 times the amount of damage that your damage units would deal before they die.* So cost wise, you still get more bang for your buck with the ranged units.

*Didn't remember the exact scan results from when I did this scan 2 months ago but I remember the ranged dealing more damage.

Last edited by GerberBaby1 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:46 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Range Tank -- 12 - 24 - 36 - 48
Damage Tank- 0 - 18 - 36 - 54

As you can see, a damage unit only does more damage on round 4. A smart player only fights 1-2 round battles.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:54 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Range works best when attacking in overwhelming numbers. Like Kevin said, if you continually fight even fights (which is stupid) then yes...Damage would be useful. But most top alliances rely on outnumbering their opponents thus making range the most useful.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:19 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Damage damages you :lol:

errr...continue...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:17 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Range out-ranges you

Chuck Norris once urinated in a semi truck's gas tank as a joke....that truck is now known as Optimus Prime.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:28 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

psg188 wrote:
aazaadx wrote:

Interestingly enough, I Rode with him when he led WaVe and he didn't quite seem like an idiot to me. Would you like to elaborate on your experience as a perfect player?

Look I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation here. So, please be quiet and let me talk. :)

WaVe's enemies were garbage and on a server that gave huge advantage to the top alliance with extra attack speed.

Why else did all of WaVe's players lose when they joined the lower number earth servers against other high level teams?

Niracas, Stinky, Blarg, LoW, MoA, etc... all went to other servers and lost most of the time.

Whats extra attack speed? Are you talking about the players losing as a team or separate?

Now you say team. I've seen different versions of teams. Like 1 against several and 1 against 1 and several subs. I was not in a round they lost, so I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:32 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

E5 after 1-2 eras became a server where each tick distance had double kilometer radius. So the green bubble indicating eta24 had twice the diameter. That gave the most active people the same huge advantage that double tick players enjoy.

Yes it was one against several... except I was on the side of one, they had a multitude of allies and got dead. Ask Redwurm about it.

But Stinky, MoA, and LoW all lost other eras I watched.

You were there in BdT, you can't tell me they don't suck.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next