It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: e4 is dead
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:41 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:04 pm
Posts: 264
Gender: male
Eminence wrote:
Many many rounds ago, I had that same issue.
I would issue an ultimatum in the end to fight or perish.
brainwash your subs :D

If they disobeyed an order from the top, you either feed them to a stronger sub as an example.
OR
March against them yourself.
as I never had to fight until later in the round, I just marched to that alliance and masacred them.


I was trying to rally the rest of the world to fight against the sub-abusers. I've never been in an alliance with more than 2 subs. That's because that's my personal limit. 1 sub... you have a lot of active guys. 2 subs, you're trying to defend yourself against the possibility of fighting a massive force outnumbered 4 to 1 player-wise.

3 or more subs.... you've gone to the dark side. Expect Yoda :mrgreen: (or Spyda) to come for your head. :twisted:

_________________
Image
HcL, iS, WFA
Personal Rank: 1st__Fantasy 4
Alliance Rank: 1st (iS)__Fantasy 4


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: e4 is dead
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:08 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:31 am
Posts: 57
Location: Where ever you don't want me to be....
Gender: male
Spyda wrote:

3 or more subs.... you've gone to the dark side. Expect Yoda :mrgreen: (or Spyda) to come for your head. :twisted:



lol

_________________
Old E4 - *CB*, KOG, POW, DOOM

E4-LR, NANC, GDZL


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: e4 is dead
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:14 pm
Posts: 1341
Location: Mau5 Land of Mouses.
Gender: male
Yeh, 1 or 2 subs is OK but anymore and it becomes boring....

_________________
Image


BRU, iS, TicK, COOL, Pain, FM, OL, WFA, Porn, WaL, TPL, DM5


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: e4 is dead
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:26 am 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:47 am
Posts: 46
Location: new hampsire
Gender: male
Spyda wrote:
Eminence wrote:
Many many rounds ago, I had that same issue.
I would issue an ultimatum in the end to fight or perish.
brainwash your subs :D

If they disobeyed an order from the top, you either feed them to a stronger sub as an example.
OR
March against them yourself.
as I never had to fight until later in the round, I just marched to that alliance and masacred them.


I was trying to rally the rest of the world to fight against the sub-abusers. I've never been in an alliance with more than 2 subs. That's because that's my personal limit. 1 sub... you have a lot of active guys. 2 subs, you're trying to defend yourself against the possibility of fighting a massive force outnumbered 4 to 1 player-wise.

3 or more subs.... you've gone to the dark side. Expect Yoda :mrgreen: (or Spyda) to come for your head. :twisted:



personally one is too many in my book, if the game was ment to have more that 14 guys playing together like that then the game would allow for more allaince mates.

i can understand allainces, that dosnt bind your allies from attacking each other but just because im allied or "subed" with one guy dosnt mean i shouldnt be abel to attack his ally. thats what agrivatred me, some of the subs iv seen in this server i porobly could have taken by myself (i know that was cocky but it puut my point in perspective)

thats where my agrivation stems, useless subs that just dry up the conquer pool.

_________________
We work in the dark, to serve the light, we are assassinas.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: e4 is dead
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:05 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:04 pm
Posts: 264
Gender: male
Personally I'm a fan of no-subs at all. However I do understand the use of them as "training grounds" but that should only apply to people with i'll say less than 5 or 10 achievements.

Last era we were forced to have a "Strong sub" (they ranked in the top 5 for a while, and ended 6th) since we were up against an empire of 7 or 8 alliances and their "allies" (just people who were afraid of them) without those "extra" guys we would have a much more difficult time spreading and countering them. And to be honest we may have lost.

We had to become similar to our enemies in order to overcome them. and that's the issue with subs. It's ALWAYS more beneficial to an alliance (in virtually every way) to bring a player in as a member of the sub rather than a conquer. and once on alliance does this enough and grows too large the only way to beat (or even compete with) them is to sink to their level.... To a degree.


BTW is E4 almost over? F4's been waiting to go into havoc for about 2 days now, and I miss the good old days back on a 1 tick Earth server. *Hint Hint* ;)

_________________
Image
HcL, iS, WFA
Personal Rank: 1st__Fantasy 4
Alliance Rank: 1st (iS)__Fantasy 4


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: e4 is dead
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:23 am 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:35 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Gender: male
im joining WAF. and they are a pretty secure alliance.
(wise and Friendly)
IM NOT GIVING UP!



until i get conquered and there is no point to play...
:mrgreen:

_________________
http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/7089-bigthumbnails.jpg




explosions are fun.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: e4 is dead
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:40 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:47 pm
Posts: 535
Location: Fantasy 4
I don't have any beef with the Sub alliance "problem"

I don't have any achievements. I don't have any score. I only have the fact that I'm active and interested going for me. Sub alliances are the only type of alliance that will invite me to join them. No one here on the forums or in game has offered to join up or invite me, and when I ask I'm ignored. So where do people like me turn? Sub alliances, that most of you seem to hate so much -_-
Funny... This is the only world I'm not conquered in. I wonder why they're sooo popular :D

All you talk as if the Sub alliance thing is terrible but for some people it's the only way to play... I don't see many options right now.

and btw, why is E4 dead again? It looks pretty lively to me!

_________________
Fallen Angel- The Poet King of KRAW [F4]
The Priest of RAGE [F4]


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: e4 is dead
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:11 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 7:15 pm
Posts: 146
This was before era 12..

_________________
Image
Thanks DARKLIGHTER :)

Chuck Norris once urinated in a semi truck's gas tank as a joke....that truck is now known as Optimus Prime.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: e4 is dead
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:31 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:14 pm
Posts: 1341
Location: Mau5 Land of Mouses.
Gender: male
Spyda wrote:
BTW is E4 almost over? F4's been waiting to go into havoc for about 2 days now, and I miss the good old days back on a 1 tick Earth server. *Hint Hint* ;)

yeh, f4 has just started, and I agree with spyda, no more than 2 subs is good.

_________________
Image


BRU, iS, TicK, COOL, Pain, FM, OL, WFA, Porn, WaL, TPL, DM5


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: e4 is dead
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:04 pm
Posts: 264
Gender: male
Twilightmask wrote:
I don't have any beef with the Sub alliance "problem"

I don't have any achievements. I don't have any score. I only have the fact that I'm active and interested going for me. Sub alliances are the only type of alliance that will invite me to join them. No one here on the forums or in game has offered to join up or invite me, and when I ask I'm ignored. So where do people like me turn? Sub alliances, that most of you seem to hate so much -_-
Funny... This is the only world I'm not conquered in. I wonder why they're sooo popular :D

All you talk as if the Sub alliance thing is terrible but for some people it's the only way to play... I don't see many options right now.

and btw, why is E4 dead again? It looks pretty lively to me!



My issue with sub alliances is not one or two that are used as training grounds for newer on less experienced players to learn and get practical lessons in the game.

My problem (And many others) is when 1 alliances has a large number of subs. Not to teach players how to play but to avoid playing themselves. By which i mean,

If I have 5 subs so if you attack me. You literally could end up facing 70+ players without me even getting 1 ally involved.

With that being the case, what do you think the chances are that ANY 12 person alliance in the world is going to attack any member?

With this being the state of the world, it ruins everone's fun since the game loses it's competitiveness and excitement. I've had a sub in every era I've played (Except for the era i'm in now. But it's early.) And in every one of those eras at least 25% of my members were first timers.

Subs aren't the problem. Sub-Abuse is.

Teaching and using someone as a meatshield are two very different things.

_________________
Image
HcL, iS, WFA
Personal Rank: 1st__Fantasy 4
Alliance Rank: 1st (iS)__Fantasy 4


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl