It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Arch > WaLR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Good for Cae going after the backstabbers Arch.

It makes me sick ot the stomach to see the alliance I have helped started with a friend go out like this.

I hope Arch burns badly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:14 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Dukey wrote:
Good for Cae going after the backstabbers Arch.

It makes me sick ot the stomach to see the alliance I have helped started with a friend go out like this.

I hope Arch burns badly.

They will do. They have no chance versus CAE and allies.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:33 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

this is not to flame but the first thing to come in mind were "are TheViscount serius about Arch "being better then WaLR"?

i hope not, i also love Renee, and know much about WaLR members they are good, and for them to be backstabbed is just sad, it's not a skill, it's something cowards do.

skills are facing a greater enemy winning based on their skills, got little to do with just beating a enemy ;)

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:49 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Wow. I have to start reading the forums. This is good stuff.

I've had interactions and battles with both alliances in this thread. XXIV was honorable. Both they and CAE had minor violations of various agreements, but it was always dealt with reasonably and with a spirit of fun.

Having participated in fights with both, Arch was more skilled in the game than XXIV.

XXIV, like CAE against Arch, thought it could throw it's weight around, do whatever it wanted and no one would stop it. Time and again they'd make a pure noob move of slamming a big fleet into an OP deep in enemy territory that was waiting for them. I can't tell you how many units my spy helped kill.

Arch was EXTREMELY active and aggressive in defense. They never let CAE fully rest. They didn't yield OPs. They kept the radar buzzing. Only when CAE began to fight fire with fire did things slowly start to turn. Arch had a wonderful relay contest with their crystals that would likely still be going on had the admins not changed the rules mid-fight.

I was VERY impressed with how they fought, which never was something I felt about XXIV. That's not to say XXIV doesn't know how to fight. I just think they didn't believe they had to demonstrate they did know. When Routhy and Lancelot were buzzing me and some friends early in the game before we were in CAE they were lucky we joined CAE or they'd have died very early as we had them marked and outnumbered.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:26 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Marked and outnumbered?

I had Australia pinned down from the moment I set up, repeatedly smashing every hostile force that appeared.

If you fought XXIV after Jason became inactive (about 300 ticks before I became leader) then you really didn't fight XXIV at all, it was a nonstop state of decay until I became leader, then when Jason returned and scrapped all of my plans, it was the final nail in the coffin.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:10 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Oluvai wrote:
Wow. I have to start reading the forums. This is good stuff.

I've had interactions and battles with both alliances in this thread. XXIV was honorable. Both they and CAE had minor violations of various agreements, but it was always dealt with reasonably and with a spirit of fun.

Having participated in fights with both, Arch was more skilled in the game than XXIV.

XXIV, like CAE against Arch, thought it could throw it's weight around, do whatever it wanted and no one would stop it. Time and again they'd make a pure noob move of slamming a big fleet into an OP deep in enemy territory that was waiting for them. I can't tell you how many units my spy helped kill.

Arch was EXTREMELY active and aggressive in defense. They never let CAE fully rest. They didn't yield OPs. They kept the radar buzzing. Only when CAE began to fight fire with fire did things slowly start to turn. Arch had a wonderful relay contest with their crystals that would likely still be going on had the admins not changed the rules mid-fight.

I was VERY impressed with how they fought, which never was something I felt about XXIV. That's not to say XXIV doesn't know how to fight. I just think they didn't believe they had to demonstrate they did know. When Routhy and Lancelot were buzzing me and some friends early in the game before we were in CAE they were lucky we joined CAE or they'd have died very early as we had them marked and outnumbered.

XXIV had some strong members and it was a good start but honestly the battle plans were never well put together. Only 3 or 4 times people actually communicated well and co-ordinated attacks.

The originally planned roster wasn't filled and more left during the game. All-in-all it was not the effort that should have been put out....
Some players were constantly making poor decisions and bad moves. One of the less reputable examples was the attack on SWAT ages ago. We had a group of 4 or 5 players going scheduled to attack. Two members had units sitting and waiting to attack the relic which never happened because SWAT wisely had it well defended and too far away to attack wisely. There were four other members that managed to lose their army in 3 or less attacks.... all the while I was attacking for three days and suffered only one moderate defeat.

It was a poor display of order and a pathetic attack. We should have taken out SWAT and maybe even grabbed the relic but I had little to no support and had to back off when I realized none was coming and was going to be away for a weekend.....

That is not the way a top alliance conducts themselves.

As for Arch attacking... it wouldn't even have been an issue if people actually followed what little plans did have. How many of us were conquered because the original order to relocate to Japan was followed. The second relocation to NZ went ignored and again, people got conquered because they simply couldn't follow what few orders were being sent out.

After the attack by Arch I had two options, quit or join another alliance in hopes that my interest would be sparked again. I joined Arch and it was a night and day difference. They were well organized, had a plan, and more importantly they would look to the bigger picture.

While Arch may not have had better or more active players but they honestly had much better structure and teamwork. The back stab was an unfortunate occurrence but the order was out to relocate well before. Those that didn't follow orders (which wasn't the first time for members of XXIV) got conquered.... simple as that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:21 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Routhy wrote:
Marked and outnumbered?

I had Australia pinned down from the moment I set up, repeatedly smashing every hostile force that appeared.

If you fought XXIV after Jason became inactive (about 300 ticks before I became leader) then you really didn't fight XXIV at all, it was a nonstop state of decay until I became leader, then when Jason returned and scrapped all of my plans, it was the final nail in the coffin.

I don't attend the forums often, so this is my first read since I was last here.

We fought XXIV prior to Jason becoming inactive and prior to you taking over, but NOT after you took over. In those early fights we kicked XXIV around pretty and surprisingly easy. Perhaps it wasn't you with Lancelot in North America, but whoever it was, and he, were lucky we joined CAE when we did, as both were dead.

We had more troops and had every move of their ships marked with spies waiting. It was only because we joined CAE that they survived as long as they did.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:01 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Lancelot and I both had trainnig bases in North America, which we used for conquering.

As I recall, you guys were marked friendly when you took out our tbs - you were taking on the casual armeis of 2 members who thought you were allies.
That's not really much to brag about, and it defientely doesn't constitute a war with us.

You won a tiny skirmish in your own territory against somebody who trusted that you were friendly, that's all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:53 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Routhy, the statement here is somewhat out of context as the fight you speak of came much later, after we'd all already moved out of America proper and into the wilderness.

In those fights, the vast majority of Lancelot's power was destroyed, leaving only a token of 90 or so infantry on his home base when he had to leave suddenly due to the serious personal issues we now about. I do not know what portion of your fleet was lost.

The point is in those skirmishes and the one mentioned by another above, XXIV on E2 in the last era proved to be more brawn than brains and proved ineffective and somewhat soft. The reason for the discussion is merely to compare Arch and XXIV from the point of view of someone who had a fight with both and saw their tactics up close.

I have no doubt a motivated XXIV could be quite potent. It just wasn't in actuality.

As for the fight you describe, the marking of friendly did not appear to prevent our OPs from being buzzed in Asia. We made a similar mistake earlier. When you made yours, it cost you guys troops. But, the action was against you based on actions by you guys against us at the time.

I suspect you had an idea we weren't TOTALLY friendly when you guys took a run at several of our remote OPs leading up to it :).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:13 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Yeah, it was a higher percentage of Lancealot's army than mine (probably about 75% his, 20% mine)

My point is that you cannot judge the potency of an alliance by getting the jump on a fraction of their units in a remote location, war is about a lot more than just a volume of units vs another volume of units, what happened in North America was not even close to a simulation of actual warfare, and cannot be used to judge the performance of XXIV on the whole, or even at all, really.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4