It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is DoP really that good?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:22 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

My last post here. We had a 750 tick NAP with FD which they completely agreed to, i can find the in game message if necessary if i haven´t been deleted from E2 yet. Other than that, a few hours before DoP warred us, i had this conversation with leader of FD:

http://prntscr.com/1hji8f

They said they wouldn´t attack us no matter what the situation and would uphold our NAP. It seems Non Agression Pacts have lost their meaning.

Also, this isn´t an excuse but one of our member´s who was called sloth in game was the one who first sent the 12 tick move, he had an exam the next morning and would not be able to login before it reached, it was also his first ever era, i logged on when there were about 5-10 minutes left for the tick to end therefore i called the rest of the members online and had them follow Sloth without looking at the eta he had launched at as i didn't think he would do a 12 tick move.

We made several mistakes this era but the fact remains that we had 7 members on our side while we faced over 100 players. As vault said, when we locked you down, we had enough infiltration there to do a sabotage but the member with the agent there to do a sabotage was offline and said that he had to go to a meeting and couldn´t be online, it is very unfortunate.

Congratulations on your win....hope you enjoyed it and hopefully you´ll actually grow the balls to fight a 1 v 1 war sometime, specially when you have a 600+ power advantage.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:56 pm 
Major
Major

thechessshark13 wrote:
I'd say a 24-tick attack would be more stupid than a 12-tick move, but I was never arguing about that either; I was called stupid for making that move and told that move was 100% always stupid, and I just had to clarify it, I won't argue about general gameplay anymore, I still think this is the War and Diplomacy forum so I'll remember considering it like that, though I still am forced to remember this is the GPD now... yuck.

Still, not having the last word on it leaves a bad taste in my mouth (call me petty if you may) so I'll just say my argument and some points on its favor: a 12-tick move is not always the stupidest move available in any situation, because it's plausible whenever you can't be online throughout the journey and it's a relatively safe journey, or when you're able to trick your way into either a safe port or a kill much bigger than your loss. I'd say a 24-tick attack would be the stupidest move in any situation, specially if it's to a friendly colony :lol:

When you reach the point of saying "Well this is more stupid than what I did" you are already past the point of no return. If you cannot be online through the journey then you should not be moving, simple as that. You always watch your landing but in a long eta move like this that does not matter much because hell they could launch a 3 eta attack to trap you, see you pull and still have enough time to pull and get into position to trap your origin. You are creating levels of stupidity here and they really don't exist, a stupid move is a stupid move is a stupid move. That's all there is to it and if you can kill a larger force with a 12 eta move or attack then obviously you could of killed it with a 3 eta attack.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:45 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

KD, just... did you understand the thread line of this argumenting? I didn't say "Oh my move was stupid but this is more stupid so I'm not stupid", we all went into a debate on what was the stupidest move in BD so I gave what I think is the most stupid thing, and argumented on why the move I did couldn't be named the stupidest. And no; the trick I peformed in E4 could never be done ETA3, even if the situation wasn't an attack from Africa to South America. Btw, double negative? Doesn't that mean you agree? 8-)

There's always levels for something. An ETA 12 move is more useable than an ETA24 attack, this the ETA12 move is less stupid to make. There is not one instance in which an ETA24 attack can be used better than, say, an ETA3 attack. That's what reffered to; it might still be a stupid move in some cases, but it isn't in some, and that makes it a less stupid move overall than a move that is almost 100% SURELY stupid, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:00 am 
Major
Major

Removed your double post.

Anyways no there is no gradient in my opinion, stupid is stupid just as wrong is wrong. ;) And an attack from SA to Africa is still stupid. :lol: If I was your opponent in that case I would have simply had my alliance wait until the last minute to move troops in to defend forcing you to turn back thus wasting that time and possibly allowing a few of your armies suicide into me for the people that aren't on before an attack lands.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:36 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Korupt wrote:

Anyways no there is no gradient in my opinion, stupid is stupid just as wrong is wrong. ;) And an attack from SA to Africa is still stupid. :lol: If I was your opponent in that case I would have simply had my alliance wait until the last minute to move troops in to defend forcing you to turn back thus wasting that time and possibly allowing a few of your armies suicide into me for the people that aren't on before an attack lands.

And that's exactly what they tried... and exactly why I was able to kill them :lol: Predictable as always my dear KD ;)
And thx 4 fixing the double-post, darn lag :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:44 am 
Major
Major

thechessshark13 wrote:
Korupt wrote:

And that's exactly what they tried... and exactly why I was able to kill them :lol: Predictable as always my dear KD ;)
And thx 4 fixing the double-post, darn lag :oops:

Difference they are not me and you would not kill me. You may be able to use a certain move to kill an unskilled opponent but that does not mean you should use it. There are too many factors you cannot control in a situation like that and leaves you open. Yes you have used a 12 eta move against another alliance and it worked out but would a move like that work against a player like myself, Pete, or any somewhat skilled player? No it will not.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:11 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It's because of you rejecting that it could that it's most probable it will. After all, I could predict your train of thought, which means I could fully prepare against it; that's the biggest advantage I could have. I know what you'll do and what I can do about it; you don't. And again, I DID suceed in it against skilled players; how can you say an alliance with players like Jake, EmpireBattles and GameOver isn't? Even if you don't look at the players, they won an era by warring virtually the entire world from about tick 500, with all the drama of an earth 1-ticker, having minimal to no help at times. In fact, a fool would be more likely to avoid this trick than a skilled player :lol: You literally don't know the trick of what you're talking about, all you can do and are doing is boasting on your abilities and beating your chest while proclaiming you can take on anything anywhere and beat it anyway. I'm just saying that I've been there, and I've done it. That I can again? Who knows, maybe I can maybe I can't. And about not killing you... I guess we'll see that someday now won't we ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:27 am 
Major
Major

Predicting that I won't make a mistake does not create an opening for you, it simply lets you know that your fate is sealed. :lol: I will warn you now though if you ever tried to use a move like that against me your army would be going home at 1 hp with units awaiting your return. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:35 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

And I can assure you, if my units somehow get HP1 it will be after killing yours :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:45 am 
Major
Major

thechessshark13 wrote:
And I can assure you, if my units somehow get HP1 it will be after killing yours :lol:

Nope, it would be one of my many tricks. ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next