It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:23 pm 
Captain
Captain
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 941
the ability for 1 player at tick 200 to gain 400 score in 2 ticks is not fair and balanced after losing army.

And this is not a shoe store. This is a game where things have to be fair and balanced for all. Boosters do not get special treatment, or they aren't suppose to be. If you want to buy tokens then do it like everyone else and buy your own boosts. And use tokens over an era and not in 20 ticks to gain 20+ squads. You will end up boosting the same amount in an era. The people who do it just want to get an unfair advantage over an enemy. And i find that very weak.

-trevor

_________________
Image
Image

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:29 pm
Posts: 208
Gender: male
Well, i see this is focused on Earth 2 forums.

And totally understand the current question and the issue that is at hand. I am sure a decision on this matter , can be made on this and i totally see from both sides of the story how this effect the poeple in whole.

I love our community and hope everyone will keep this constructive and clean while work on a conclusion to this great delima

_________________
----------------------------------------------------------
Admin joe - Earth 2, Earth 5 solo, Mars 3, Fantasy 2, Fantasy 3, Galaxy 2


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:20 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:40 am
Posts: 223
Yea, E2...tell me about it... :lol: :lol:

_________________
The martian god as they say...


-SoLdiErz of FoRtUnE


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:24 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:36 pm
Posts: 354
Location: New Zealand
Gender: male
I foresee smoke on the horizon when Joe logs in, we have new evidence :)

_________________
Image
Image
MGH - OS - SPAM - COPS - Nam - TLD - DUMB - KnaW - TTM - SoTF - KOOL - HAHA


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:17 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:21 am
Posts: 2760
Location: Bangalore, India
Gender: male
trevor1601 wrote:
the ability for 1 player at tick 200 to gain 400 score in 2 ticks is not fair and balanced after losing army.

And this is not a shoe store. This is a game where things have to be fair and balanced for all. Boosters do not get special treatment, or they aren't suppose to be. If you want to buy tokens then do it like everyone else and buy your own boosts. And use tokens over an era and not in 20 ticks to gain 20+ squads. You will end up boosting the same amount in an era. The people who do it just want to get an unfair advantage over an enemy. And i find that very weak.

-trevor


Things are fair. This is a team game. One person using everyone's boosts still does not cause things to get unbalanced. Remember when one person uses others boosts, the rest of the team cannot use them. Secondly, every top team almost always has more than half the team boosting. So most of the time, you dont have every boost open. Even if everyone has their boosts open, how can it be said that it isnt a violation if I use my tokens and buy resources and send my friend but is a violation if he sends me tokens for it. What if I buy tokens and send my friend resources that I buy (which is totally allowed) and what if he sends me tokens on another server to compensate? Its the same thing. And it isnt a violation since sending tokens is totally allowed as well.

So this whole argument calling out people using tokens to purchase others boosts is ridiculous. Using tokens over an era, will mean I spend less on BD. BD does not encourage that and should not.

_________________
Deadman - SYN
----------------
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:01 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 271
Location: CaLi
Gender: male
mfreak wrote:

What if I buy tokens and send my friend resources that I buy (which is totally allowed) and what if he sends me tokens on another server to compensate? Its the same thing.


I'm pretty sure every world is different

_________________
Wins:
NWL, G1 e1
SoTF, E2 e7

SiCk!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:04 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:38 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Huijbergen and ofc in The Netherlands
Gender: male
L33t wrote:
mfreak wrote:

What if I buy tokens and send my friend resources that I buy (which is totally allowed) and what if he sends me tokens on another server to compensate? Its the same thing.


I'm pretty sure every world is different



still the same thing, you cant send tokens anymore.

why do we got the trade bar then.?

_________________
Tootje of BlackTemple/Crouching Tiger of Hiding Kitten

Alliance in the past:Prr,Zdg,Bdt,Loz,Meow,Mes,Sold,Gs,Fmj,PS,INDO,Wic,TSK,ST
best rank:1
most crystals:356
most relics one round:4


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:21 am 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:20 am
Posts: 7
Gender: male
if you want my oppinion, the rules should be black and white. you can tell to people but tokens and boost, but only use boosts that way...

if Admins want to limit people from boosting for someone and send them the resource, then put a cooldown of 5 ticks from the time you send someone tokes to the time you can get resources from him.

but as long as its not blocked in the code it should be totally OK to do it

_________________
...
315 wrackages in 1315 ticks on F5 era 12
1 wrackage every 4.19 ticks! try to beat this...

winner E5 Era 33 solo
winner E1 Era 9 with WIC alliance
2nd F5 Era 12 solo


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:32 am
Posts: 16004
Gender: male
kilany wrote:
if you want my oppinion, the rules should be black and white. you can tell to people but tokens and boost, but only use boosts that way...

if Admins want to limit people from boosting for someone and send them the resource, then put a cooldown of 5 ticks from the time you send someone tokes to the time you can get resources from him.

but as long as its not blocked in the code it should be totally OK to do it

There is already a rule there, black on white.

And that piece of coding will hopefully come this weekend if the bug testing works out as planned.

_________________
Image
Code:
http://battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=4690
Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:22 am 
Major
Major
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:21 am
Posts: 2760
Location: Bangalore, India
Gender: male
The rule is total stupidity and shows lack of foresight or common sense and so is the solution that is proposed. Its a team game. People must be able to share resources or tokens.

_________________
Deadman - SYN
----------------
Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl