It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tokens vs Hardcore supporters
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:51 am 
Captain
Captain

People will not continue to play if all it takes is a credit card to win allen. do you really want to be playing a server with 20 people playing? There is a big enough problem already with people joining and thinking you have to use money to play this game.

And these rules are not primitive it is to enforce not "buying an era".

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:04 am 
Private
Private

mfreak wrote:
Seth,

This rule is a ridiculous one. Cooldowns are there so that supporters cant buy a round alright. But are you gonna tell someone not to spend if they wish to? Are you gonna tell people that their purchasing power should not matter to Battledawn?

There is nothing wrong with me sending tokens to someone, and him purchasing resources for me. I do it every era I play. I will continue to do it too. I spend big bucks, and I dont wanna be losing my army, or the round after spending so much. I think if I buy tokens fairly and just get someone else to buy resources for me, there is nothing wrong about it. Any admin that bans me for this, WILL get in trouble because that would be enforcing an abusive rule, and I wont stand for it.

The rules in the ToS regarding this are primitive, without foresight, abusive and silly. If people cant buy tokens, a person that can should not be blamed, especially when that person is contributing to BD in a big way. Its high time you guys revised the rule books and removed stupid rules such as these. Remember no one is stopping anyone else from doing it, even the ones that complain. The fact that they cant buy tokens is no one's problem.

Another option is to come up with some change in the cooldown systems. I dont have any idea right now, but if you can come up with some change in game mechanics, to kind of find middle ground, then its cool. But strictly enforcing this rule, is silly and only hurts BD.

The cooldowns and the rules are there to not stop people spending or not demean business... which u have been pointing out for long... it is there to level the playing field ... and for a simple reason.... to increase the business by making it more popular... you wouldn't even play if there weren't so many non boosting players playing... e.g. the spanish BD server isn't so popular... don't find you spending a lot there...

secondly if you are asking special treatment for the money you are spending remember there is a word for such things "corruption"
the rules are same for everyone... super boosters, moderate boosters and non boosters... you shouldn't be asking favors for that...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:12 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

trevor1601 wrote:
People will not continue to play if all it takes is a credit card to win allen.

And even knowing that OC survived and with a good enough population rate. And even after that NC was created...

Come on, here we are discussing things that have already happened and we ALL know the attacking part AND the defending part have been guilty of the same accusations with proof on both sides.

SoF is guilty now, Dylan is guilty of such crime on another server currently running. Maybe the last word is not the "punishment due" still thats where all the discussion here is kinda turning.

If the point is change the ToS for good or bad (however you want to look at it) or to make it be enforced I can tell you yelling "its stupid" or "you are guilty of it too" or even assuming responsability of past actions will get u something.

Its either talk to michael/seth and Staff directly with the resons behind enforcing or changing it you wont achieve anything at all just attacking each other.

-Shion

E6A2 #2 M2A1 #9 E3A1 #16 E6A4 #24 E5A3 #24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:30 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

napcha wrote:
Dylan102 wrote:
bridgetown wrote:
again then why did yo do it on e1 gollum

We both know that I'm just watching on E1, I did it once cause I wanted to get the next power rank and didn't want to wait till the day after for my own boosts to come off the cooldown, I did not send tokens to all 13 members of my alliance to get their boosts, I did not just lose my army, I was not at war with anyone. I just wanted to get the next power rank. If doing it once to get the next power rank icon on my colony cause I personally think it looks better, is a crime then yes ban me. I'm not abusing it on the same level that SoF was abusing it. And since the one time I did it on E1 300 ticks have passed and I could of easily boosted those 1 or 2 squads myself since.. I haven't conquered anyone, I have not killed anyone's armies I have not put anyone else at a disadvantage.

Well Gollum I must say onething... when you do it you do it... the reasons you are showing doesn't stand because you did it... so you are guilty of the same thing... doesn't matter for what reasons you did it... if SoF has to be punished you deserve to be punished too...

So better stop getting other people banned for the same offenses you are doing... if you think you can be spared... you are absolutely wrong...

I'll happily be banned for it but as I did it once and he did it multiple times his temp ban would have to be a lot more severe than mine to make it "fair".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:31 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I myself am not a booster, I vote and use blue tokens that is it. I believe this is a dam good rule because it evens out the playing filed. I think its awesome if someone wants to help there alliance by giving them reds but, just for the purpose to avoid the cool down is by all means IS CHEATING!(Its just as bad as using multies to send reasorces to one person in a alliance) For the people that don't boost they would never have a chance.

And as for Gollum if you did it too for different reasons then fairly you should be held accountable too.

And don't think anyone should get banned just let it be known that it is not fair for all the other alliances that don't token farm.

And mfreak I do understand where your coming from but. If you think that one player can buy tokens then, send them to every player in your alliance so the can just buy the reasorces and send them back to you to avoid cool down your wrong. If you don't think that's cheating then the non boosters should be allowed to make multies to even out the playing field even tho that wouldn't do much against token farming anyways.

I don't think anyone should get banned here just follow the rules to the T! even tho you might not agree with them you did agree when you made your account. But anyways lets all be friends and fight like gentlemen it is a game after all. :)

Alliances I have been in.
ZAGE,RAGE,14oC,SoTS

Highest Rank:4
Most Crystals:12

-SGTSWABBY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:55 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

So, let me get this straight.

If you are rich and buy tokens and send them to your alliance members for resources to send back it is a violation of the terms of conduct.

However, if your whole alliance is rich and they all buy tokens and buy resources they can send them to you without any penalty.

Right?

So, explain to me exactly how money doesnt run this game?

ROFLMAO!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:47 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I see some problems in the ToS and read a lot before i fixed my own opinion.

1. According to the rules it is an offence.
If it gets removed, it could theoretically happen that 1 guy ask 13 friends to send him all big and small boost right after tick 100 and joined his "real" alliance then. I wouldn't want to meet his squads at tick 150 :roll:

2. Imagine you want to spend 1000 $ for hmm lets say shoes. The shoeseller would come and tell you that he appreciate it, that you want to buy 20 pairs in his shop, but you can just buy 1 now and another one in some hours. So ...would you wait, or go to other shops to buy more?

A game has to be balanced and limiting ressources that you can buy is fine for me as long as it helps to hold the game balanced. But in my opinion the players at their own keep it balanced. In top alliances are usually more than just 1 donator and also 1 player with a high power can't win a server if his/her team is without power. It takes a lot more to win.

This token farming happens usually when a player joined an era late and wants to build up quick to play with the team or if a player lost his army in the middle of the era.
If he farms his teammates then, i can't think of a case when it effects the era that much that its getting unbalanced for all players.

You can send your resources to others and it encouraged teamplaying. If you buy those resources on your own with your tokens, its fine. If you do it with tokens from teammates he send at that day or also 3 weeks before it could end up being banned... :roll:

What if a player (A) got tokens from another (B), bought metal (big and small) for his own and 3 tick later, B is asking for oil to move his squads and A convert his metal to oil and send him back. Does this deserves a ban?

My personal resumee is that you won't find perfect ToS for that. A rule has to stay to be able to react when my point 1 or something that isn't expectable happens. On the other side, you can't regulate everything and fix every scenario in the ToS. Its just not possible

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:55 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Practically, it is balanced by workers.

but let's talk fairness. i dont see any problem with players sending resources within the alliance.
In my opinion, this rule came to prevent situation when i build an alliance with 13 multies or friends that are there just to send me resources. this is already covered by the farming rule as we discussed long enough in another thread (colonies that exist only to give resources).

And also, in reality, this doesnt happen in the way that affects the game. i never heard of anyone making fake alliances, spending $1000 and then join a real alliance. even if it happend before, i bet it is rare in a way that doesnt affect the game.

also, saying it's a loophole to go around cooldown is nonesense. in real alliances, you dont have only one donator that farms everyone. if you had, then this alliance would not be able to do much...usually you have few boosters in an alliance (if not most) and cooldown is always stuck in your throat.

Business wise, banning for this is a death role to this game. if you start to ban people for sending resources within the alliance, you can kiss your income goodbye.

psg188 wrote:
There are a few lessons to learn here:
#5 Don't fight Avi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:58 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
So, let me get this straight.

If you are rich and buy tokens and send them to your alliance members for resources to send back it is a violation of the terms of conduct.

However, if your whole alliance is rich and they all buy tokens and buy resources they can send them to you without any penalty.

Right?

So, explain to me exactly how money doesnt run this game?

ROFLMAO!!

Heh. Exactly. People get their panties in a bunch, over one player sending tokens to his mates just to build up fast. Remember, if 1 guy uses someone else's boost, the others cant boost. So it evens out the playing field already. Money does run this game. This game is one of the costliest out there.

Quote:
secondly if you are asking special treatment for the money you are spending remember there is a word for such things "corruption"

Its not corruption. Its customer service. Corruption is when I demand, more metal per 100 red tokens, and get it done, just because I spend a lot. Expecting to be not banned, because I am using my tokens in any way I see fit, to win battles or to build up, is justified. If you are so worried about token farming, why not remove that option altogether?

As for everyone out there who thinks they can win without boosting - you guys are either deluded, or play non competitive eras. If you are up against competition you need boosting powers. Most of the eras I have won have been a combination of activity, skill, teamwork and most importantly RED tokens. Saying - you need only skill to win, is not practical, there is nothing in this game that actually requires intelligence or skill. Its a very simple game with almost no strategy. Thats the truth.

Quote:
And mfreak I do understand where your coming from but. If you think that one player can buy tokens then, send them to every player in your alliance so the can just buy the reasorces and send them back to you to avoid cool down your wrong. If you don't think that's cheating then the non boosters should be allowed to make multies to even out the playing field even tho that wouldn't do much against token farming anyways.

Dude, this has been going on for ages. EVERY era that I have played. This will continue. There is no way anyone will stop doing this. Whining about it wont help. I do it every era I play. I will continue to do so. If someone has a problem, they can buy tokens and send it to their mates and do the same thing instead of whining. Technically speaking, red tokens give you an advantage. Red tokens directly translate to money. Real green paper. So when you have purchasing power, you obviously will be able to buy stuff more than others. Thats the way the world works, practically. Trying to contain spending wont do BD any good. Unless they reduce token prices to actually enable everyone to buy them. Or get rid of cooldown times altogether, Or just remove the option to be able to send tokens to your team mates.

Instead of using stupid rules, the third option I suggested will work better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:28 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

How about, instead of lowering the cool down timer, more options to purchase metal and oil are added,for higher token prices. where the amount of metal is increased as well slightly.
currently there are 3 metal boosts,
light 100 tokens
heavy 190 tokens
emergency metal boost. 330 tokens

what if its
light 100 tokens
medium 190 tokens
heavy 280 tokens

then increase the emergency metal boost to say 400 tokens and also the amount of metal received.
if there can be metal boost for a higher token price, would it not be possible for a metal boost for an even higher token price?

my point is, to either maybe bring a bit of change to the current token shop stuff.
and also like if you spend over a certain amount of $ you get a discount. and that keeps increasing the more you spend. that could increase money spend and gain BD money( im sure thats what you want,since u need money to run this game)

if its what you want is to balance the game perhaps for each 5000 metal boost by a player, gives an amount of metal to the rest of the world players as well, currently its the boost bar going to 100 that gives an amount of resources to the rest of the world.
perhaps it is time to revise the,token shop items,plus the boost bar resource give a ways and also time implement something like a monthly sales promotion on the token shop as well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next