It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: MYD and IMTA vs GIFT.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:29 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Pagan wrote:
Hehehe, a deadman with a grudge :mrgreen:

No Grudges, no jealousy. I was merely stating what you said before.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:40 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

As a lover of both action and strategy games I can say... 2 tick worlds are not action games. The new e5 world is. Now 2 tick worlds bring something else into the ecuation, which makes it somewhat more strategic: leave your base unprotected or guarded by your alliance? Or protect yourself at absolutely no gain? This is a more psychological challenge, and challenges your intuition, insticts, diplomacy and of course tactic skills. It is a much risky kind of game, and the reason most ppl preffer slow worlds is for its low risk - high reward kind of game, where skill is very much needed, but activity isnt very well rewarded. Of course, all top alliances require much activity, but 2-tick worlds are much more challenging strategically and psycologically. The problem is the same as its difference though: it is pretty difficult to win without a lot of blues, or at least starting from tick 1, no matter your skill. Its faster in real world, so it requires ppl with loads of time, so it isnt available for every1. But I love it as much as I love 1-tick worlds. I love challenges, and e2 presents some of the hardest and most satisfying ones Ive ever seen, and I hope I am victor over some of em! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:51 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

The simple fact is, if you lose because you are offline you lost to inactivity instead of due to making wrong decisions. You didn't lose because your plan was worse, you lost because you didn't react to a changing situation.

In a perfect server, everyone logs in every tick, single tick servers are the closest we can get to it... which is the reason they are the more challenging ones.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:20 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Both tick, styles offer alot different challenges. In 1 tick worlds, it's not wether you are active enough to make an attack or not, it's wether you can get the enemy to turn around. Single tick worlds offer alot more challenge in the fact you have to be active to do multiple attacks during a day, not wether you can get the enemy while their offline, but rather if you can outsmart them.

2 tick worlds offer the challenge in being active, and trying to be online either while or before your enemy is. The 2 tick worlds are simply a matter of who can be online more, and this is a challenge in its own right.

MIA

ASEN, E1A5
V, M1A2
DE, M1A6
ICE E1A16
MIA of Whatever

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7