It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Havoc has begun
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:22 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Thanks everyone for this round, it had it's ups and downs... but I guess it's over now because Andrew decided that giving someone a relic, 250 crystals, a ton of wreckages stuffed to the brim with resources, and a ton of resource OPs was a good idea and that it wouldn't be a cold and obvious display of bias.

I guess that means havoc is started, because there is no way that the admin would give all this to a team for the simple reason of "making things interesting" during a normal round, right? Because that would be ridiculous. I'm also sure AE doesn't appreciate all the extra resources given to FAM and not AE that were used AGAINST AE.

I'm sure Andrew sees the slippery slope here, and that giving a ton of resources to a team for the sole purpose of them getting an advantage is a terrible terrible idea involving the admin getting involved in the flow of the game and purposely using his hand to change the balance of things against one team or another on purpose.

I know Andrew knows all this, so the only explanation is that havoc has started... all I'm wondering is, where are my havoc resources?

Post subject: Re: Havoc has begun
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:36 am 
Corporal
Corporal

psg188 wrote:
I know Andrew knows all this, so the only explanation is that havoc has started... all I'm wondering is, where are my havoc resources?

Yea mine too! :lol:

But I am glad this round is almost over, am looking forward to starting at the same time as everyone else. Last night I lost my crystal, but in responce, XI lost east africa. I think im hooked so here to stay, just wondering how long it will take for XI to take the last relic, does that mean era over?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:33 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Yay for crushing the spirits of the smaller alliances via admin intervention!

CRH, LoM, WaVe, XI - A series of badassery that few can rival.

"Fire without maneuver is waste.
Maneuver without fire is suicide."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:19 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I watched the battle, looked like a slaughter. Now what?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:53 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Andrew forgot that there are a few more places under the 1st one... i bet AE are very happy with what he did...

psg188 wrote:
There are a few lessons to learn here:
#5 Don't fight Avi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:48 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

It's unbelievable that the 'Hand of God' can arbitarily intervene before a game has ended. Andrew, you seem like a nice guy who is popular & respected - but where is the professional objectivity? That's the most important aspect of administrating a game world.

So you havoc'ed a single alliance because...

1) You don't like the players in XI? What they are at fault for being too good?
2) You took a backhander from FAM? That's an outrageous thing to say I know, but it's a viable conclusion to draw from what happened ingame and you know what these mafia guys are like with their bungs.
3) You were bored with E1 & don't give a hoot what the players in the round think?

They're not very nice reasons to posit, but I'm struggling to find the real reason. If this was an entirely cash free game you could do what you like, but people shell out the readies in BD and you need to respect that as customers they expect a reasonable degree of consistency & non-bias in game administration. If I go to a golf course I don't expect to get tackled after the 16th hole because the rules have changed.

nc2 aNiMaL (MupT)
RC Fantasy: Brave Sir Robin (VV) winners
M1 Zaphod of Betelgeuse (DRAW) winners

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:30 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Maybe that's a good time to take a deep breath and wait a little for Andrew to answer this charge before throwing more into the pot?

You know, it's not such an impossibility that the relic was randomly placed and maybe, just maybe the number of crystals generated has a wider margin than than what people are accustomed to?

At the very least I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. I didn't have much interactions with Andrew as an Admin but when I did his responses were always more than reasonable. So just suddenly he flips?

Maybe you have more information than I do - I haven't been paying more than causual attention to this last relic. Maybe you've got in-game conversations or something else that leads you to think what you think, but unless these are coming to light, some of the above just seem a little bit exaggurated.

Maybe we can just hold on to our horses a little bit more?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:06 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

You clowns better be careful....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:16 pm 
Private
Private

I wasn't on E1 but i have to agree with all of you and LMAO That picture made my day

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:46 am 
Corporal
Corporal

erezvish wrote:
You know, it's not such an impossibility that the relic was randomly placed and maybe, just maybe the number of crystals generated has a wider margin than than what people are accustomed to?

It wasn't random, it was in the middle of their territory. And the crystals weren't "generated" onto the relic like the others were; rather, they were given directly to Mr. Freeze to give the entire alliance a resource boost. Also, the couple dozen metal mines and oil wells that were placed around the FAM colonies were meant to do that as well. There was nothing random or impartial about it. You know how we know this? "Good luck FAM, you guys will need it against XI!" That was Andrew's broadcast. The situation was entirely constructed, entirely his work, and entirely during the regulation play of the round, not during Havoc.

CRH, LoM, WaVe, XI - A series of badassery that few can rival.

"Fire without maneuver is waste.
Maneuver without fire is suicide."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next