It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: XI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:42 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Not got the gall? What do you think this is, dueling pistols at noon?

This.
Is.
WAR.

Albeit a video game version of it, it's still war, and the objective is still the destruction of your enemies with the fewest losses to yourself. You don't do the fair thing. You don't do the equal thing. You do every nasty little trick you can come up with, tip the scales in your own favor every way you can, to ensure that your side of the coin lands up. If anyone knows that, it should be me, an officer in the US Air Force.

I applaud your attack. You caught me, mid-campaign, and you were able to isolate my army in a position where no other forces from my alliance could have made it to help me. I was vulnerable, and you took advantage of it. Bravo. But you also took on the rest of XI when you took me on, and in that, you lost. You did your damnedest to tip the scales in your favor by jumping my army, but I tipped them back my way harder, with the help of my teammates. I could just as easily ask if you've "not got the gall" to face me without an end-of-the-tick jump attack on my op when I was in fact isolated. But, like I said, I understand the nature of war, a concept I don't think you fully grasp, seeing as how accusations of a lack of gall coming from you makes you a walking, talking contradiction. That understanding shows me that you at least grasp the concept of the element of surprise, albeit with a lack of ability to follow through (the attack that conquered you was all of one unit, something you could have easily defended against had you logged in some time in the 5 hours following your launch). You are getting closer to properly understanding how to engage your enemies, but you've still got a long way to go.

Maybe next era?

CRH, LoM, WaVe, XI - A series of badassery that few can rival.

"Fire without maneuver is waste.
Maneuver without fire is suicide."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:01 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  YIM  Profile

You're an officer in the Air Force? That's awesome actually, because that's what I want to do when I get older, also.

Anyway, you underestimate me, Blarg. I've been in BD a long time, albeit not as long as you, but long enough where you questioning my knowledge of the concept of war is humorous. If you knew anything about me, you'd know that obviously I don't care for my E1 account, or I'd have actually tried to defend against you after I sent my attack. I was going to just attack you, and then win or lose it was for a friend, and I was going to walk away from BD (minus the forum). But this is why I play BD, these passionate arguments, war, peace, diplomacy, but I'm gonna start playing seriously again. You putting my "lack of abilities" on the spot like that, like a deer in the headlights is a personal shot I will not just let slide. Sure I shot at you I guess you could say if you looked at it that way, but mentioning that was merely me referencing your bragging because you beat the majority of my army with ion cannons. It's a valid strategy, I'll give you that, but if you had been in my position, I'm sure you'd have whined about it as I am now. Hey, at least I'm honest. Anyway, if you want bragging rights over me, E4 next round, be there.

Alliances of note, OC: TBH, JFA, BYZ, DoG. NC: CRAP, BoB, JFA, BYZ, DoP, CBop.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:44 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Unfortunately for you, I find myself quite content with playing E1. My one foray into a two server life with WaVe on E5 under LoW was quite enjoyable, and I think it's a great way to both start and end my multi-server career, with a first place alliance/personal finish. "Part of that which was the greatest ever" is quite literal, we were the greatest ever. But, I digress. ;)

If you don't take E1 seriously, then that's your prerogative. I don't care to expand myself to another server, so I guess we'll just have to part ways as you go back to where you do take your gameplay seriously.

On a totally unrelated note, should you have any questions about the AF or being an officer, feel free to PM me. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:15 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Dang, maybe I'll have to grace E1 with my presence again soon /ego.

Alliances of note, OC: TBH, JFA, BYZ, DoG. NC: CRAP, BoB, JFA, BYZ, DoP, CBop.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:19 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Ben is quite chipper isn't he, my ego's startin' to look pretty good about now isn't it. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:08 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I always get starry eyed and nostalgic when I think about my time with WaVe.....aaaahhhh, good memories.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:16 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Too bad they would get stomped nowadays. Tsk tsk tsk.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:41 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Well DUH, there were only 12 of us! Of course we would have gotten stomped by a 24 person alliance. But, then again, we, the 12 of us, did take on a 6 sub alliance, iirc, so we did have plenty of experience taking on groups that far outnumbered us. ; )

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:09 am 
Captain
Captain

I don't think LoW's fiance will let him think about battledawn much less play it against the likes of you. Talk about a marriage killer. :mrgreen:

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:02 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

AFKeeker wrote:
we were the greatest ever.

pffft...

with all do respect, an alliance who never won e1 can never be considered the greatest ever. e1 is no doubt the toughest server, most top players played in e1. in the 12 members days it meant 6-7 strong alliances every time. most eras were won only at the end and anything could have happened there.

my vote goes to either UBL or LoM.

psg188 wrote:
There are a few lessons to learn here:
#5 Don't fight Avi

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next