It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: SAILing Into The Darkness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:39 pm 
Captain
Captain

That alliance name and description was so fitting for you Greeny.
All it took was 6 ticks for your alliance to completely crumble and for E1 to prove a collective point that Greeny does not deserve to win, at least not by Earth 1 standards.

GDL, PHI, and IND attacked SAIL at tick 1525, by tick 1528, after our first wave had landed, it was only Dodgeas, PJW, and League of Arnold that were online and defending/counter attacking. If you can't get your alliance online, and especially as a leader can't get brought on when your entire alliance is being attacked around the world, then you don't deserve to win on Earth 1.

Sorry to our friends in Dodgeas, PJW, and League of Arnold for taking down the alliance you called home, but I was very happy to see you guys choose not to fall with Greeny. You carried him far enough this round, and it was his time for him to fall. Great respect to you three for putting up a fight when there was no one else in SAIL even online.

I want to say congrats to our allies in PHI and IND, without your two alliances SAIL would still be in #1 and the atrocities of Greeny winning E1 would still be going on. Thank you also to our friends in OE1, 7CAV, OLD, and CUBA who provided w.e support they could albeit not militarily.

Over and out Earth 1, this is probably going to be the last you will see of me.

P.S. this is Greeny's death because I know many were looking forward to it.

8+ years of Battledawn

Post subject: Re: SAILing Into The Darkness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gaurav has always had a strange way of expressing admiration, love, brotherhood and friendship.

#Sail on!

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:50 pm 
Major
Major

Nice job

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:21 pm 
News Team
News Team

Man, that really sucks... Good thing I didn't join a side :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:27 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

It's hardly fair to knock SAIL on this one. Even if it is Greeny leading.

Even though I am part of SAIL sub (with 3 other members, and 2 of them 500 ticks inactive) I got to see quite a lot of what was going on. I was pretty much told to mark everyone top 10, other than SAIL, red.

When the whole world declares war on you, there isn't much you can do. I was in SAIL chat and I know the majority of them managed to get on, however with players leaving to join others the rest just quit. Granted their activity wasn't the best at the time, but still the majority of the alliance was contacted and they could have most probably fought. Unfortunately with every alliance seemingly backstabbing them, they had no support from anyone and they had to fight wars right across the map to hold their territory. I fairly impossible challenge, hence the guys leaving.

As happy as you'll might be, this shouldn't be a proud moment for the guys who killed of SAIL. Congrats you managed to kill Greeny. But take a look at how many allies you had to use and take away from Greeny's alliance to do it. Say what you want, anyone who has to go through that much effort to crumble an alliance fears them.

That's all I have to say for it really.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:12 am 
Captain
Captain

starwa7s wrote:

Even though I am part of SAIL sub (with 3 other members, and 2 of them 500 ticks inactive) I got to see quite a lot of what was going on. I was pretty much told to mark everyone top 10, other than SAIL, red.

When the whole world declares war on you, there isn't much you can do. I was in SAIL chat and I know the majority of them managed to get on, however with players leaving to join others the rest just quit. Granted their activity wasn't the best at the time, but still the majority of the alliance was contacted and they could have most probably fought. Unfortunately with every alliance seemingly backstabbing them, they had no support from anyone and they had to fight wars right across the map to hold their territory. I fairly impossible challenge, hence the guys leaving.

As happy as you'll might be, this shouldn't be a proud moment for the guys who killed of SAIL. Congrats you managed to kill Greeny. But take a look at how many allies you had to use and take away from Greeny's alliance to do it. Say what you want, anyone who has to go through that much effort to crumble an alliance fears them.

That's all I have to say for it really.

There were only 3 alliances that declared war on SAIL, hardly the entire world or top 10 as you mention. I won't say that more would not have joined eventually, but at the start it was just 3 alliances and that is all it took. You say others were contacted and got online..but for the first 3 ticks, there were only 3 of SAIL that got on...those first 3 ticks are crucial in any war as we were able to kill about 1000 troops on that initial charge and they never moved to dodge us. Another 3 ticks later, Cap and Woona had logged on and were yet to do anything to help out Dodge, Arnold, or PJW who were putting up a fight and trying to hold their land. A valiant effort indeed but hence three players could not back the force attacking them. Yes we asked PJW, Dodge, and Arnold to leave SAIL but not out of fear of fighting SAIL with them in it, but for the respect of these friends. We declared war on SAIL because we wanted to take down Greeny and a few of us, did not want to see all of the aformentioned players hard work all round go to waste defending an alliance alone.

There is a reason these 3 players left SAIL, because they agreed with us and did not have the loyalty to their leader that members of a supposed good alliance should have. You say its fairly impossible to defend across the map, yet if you go and look at the history of Earth 1, many of the eventual winners of rounds have had to do just that. I was apart of many of the first few eras on E1 where we had to fight the entire world to win. So you are just making a bad excuse for SAIL.

You also fail to even mention that it takes quite an effort to bring war to an alliance that is spread across the world and had such a large power lead over its nearest competitors.

Even worse, Greeny and SAIL knew that we were up to something. We didnt really hide our intentions and we know word leaked to SAIL. None of the alliances I won with on E1 in the past ever had that luxury when we were attacked by multiple alliances yet we endured and eventually won. Just seems we were able out smart them by pushing back our date to a few days after the tick that had leaked to Greeny.
End of the day, Greeny did not have what it took to win Earth 1 and the results are in the pudding.

8+ years of Battledawn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:15 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I've got no eyes on this era, so I won't comment on the decisions taken and whatnot. I'll simply state this; every single time I've seen or heard of an alliance Greeny leads, he marks top 10 or even top 20 hostile. So this doesn't surprise me, not in the least. For a guy that always has the world against him, I'd figure he and his companions would be used to it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:02 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

starwa7s wrote:

3 Alliances attack Sail and your "pretty much told to mark everyone top 10 other than SAIL, red"

Sounds like someone hit the PANIC button :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:07 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Get1 wrote:
starwa7s wrote:

3 Alliances attack Sail and your "pretty much told to mark everyone top 10 other than SAIL, red"

Sounds like someone hit the PANIC button :lol:

Those who said they would aid the 3 attacking alliances made it clear to SAIL members. Not so much of a panic. More, if someone is willing to support the guys attacking you, how aren't you already at war with them?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:24 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

SAIL is a great family to be apart of no matter what anyone says for you had to have most of the top 10 alliances declare on SAIL in order to beat them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next