It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Disband Sold Slave Camps
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:32 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Dude I don't think any admin told you not to attack Sold or subs.The offense of "harassment" does not exist in BD rules anywhere. You are free to attack anyone. If Simmen or anyone else gives you any more trouble and I will make sure you not only get an apology but also compensated for your troubles. Some of these admins are just clueless kids and think they have subjective judge and jury power. They don't. Trust me I have made them apologize and grovel many times.

So take care, continue playing your game as you see fit and don't worry about silly admins.
Best,

D

Most crystals: 1067
Veni vidi vici

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:15 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

cosmin1980 wrote:
Dude I don't think any admin told you not to attack Sold or subs.The offense of "harassment" does not exist in BD rules anywhere. You are free to attack anyone. If Simmen or anyone else gives you any more trouble and I will make sure you not only get an apology but also compensated for your troubles. Some of these admins are just clueless kids and think they have subjective judge and jury power. They don't. Trust me I have made them apologize and grovel many times.

So take care, continue playing your game as you see fit and don't worry about silly admins.
Best,

D

INDEED i should be compensated , he interviened in a battle just before my force's landed , i think i should get a life time supply of blue tokens :lol:
seriously 8-)
Dude , check my thread on this subject , i posted all his pm's too me .
titled
administer simmen interphered with gameplay

personelly if anyone is being harrassed its me !!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:15 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

cosmin1980 wrote:

Best,

D

2.2.4 Bullying: Use Services in a manner disturbing, harassing or defaming to Users, stalking or depriving Users of any enjoyment of using Services In a manner which Tacticsoft may determine as Bullying.s.

I refuse to give any apologies before I get one from Joe for being banned for the exactly same offense :lol:
I were stupid enough to believe a friend who said it wasn't against the rules :oops:
But also smart enough that when I actually did get banned I realized that of course there had to be some rules to limit people from simply joining to spam and harass.

And to the argument "It haz to be programmed into le game, admins can't interfere with annyzing!"
From the first action in the game, which is placing a colony, you can start making multiple accounts.. That is why we in the addition to in game functions we have the rules and the admins to uphold them.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:22 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

niracas wrote:
Moose12 wrote:

Anyway, at this current moment in time we have 2 subs on E1 that use the sold tags, that isn't really an abusive number of subs i can recall many other alliances using many more than 2 subs.

Forgot SALE. :roll:

You beat me to it :(

Quote:
2.2.4 Bullying: Use Services in a manner disturbing, harassing or defaming to Users, stalking or depriving Users of any enjoyment of using Services In a manner which Tacticsoft may determine as Bullying.s.

As a former admin I know that rule is just annoyingly subjective. As soon as you conquer someone and they send attacks at you, they are harassing you as well. If I attack you, I harass you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:26 am 
Private
Private

Yes, Milan. But when you build somewhere just for the purpose of harrasing one alliance in particular is when it becomes a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:34 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

apollo wrote:
Yes, Milan. But when you build somewhere just for the purpose of harrasing one alliance in particular is when it becomes a problem.

Indeed, now the major issue is how you can prove that. When the only proof is a message on Skype, you won't be able to prove it since I don't assume either player will happily forward you a log.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:37 am 
Private
Private

Aye true. But there are some occasions where it's painfully obvious like

"here to spam"

or "I hate SoLD" (for example)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:38 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

apollo wrote:
Aye true. But there are some occasions where it's painfully obvious like

"here to spam"

or "I hate SoLD" (for example)

Heh yeah. Wish all cases were as obvious as that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:59 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

pl finally from simmen quote ;//Compansated?You've been listening to Daemon again haven't you?I am wondering what exactly you hoped to achieve by going to the forum.Joining to be conquered for some alliance is a pretty simple description of a farm yes. I hope you would have known this a long time ago. There is a difference between defending your colony and losing your army, which would be quite foolish and getting conquered, and then serving your conquer resource outposts and your crystal.// end quote

there he goes accusing me of building my colony for sole purpose of being their dam conquer again ?? and telling me i cant give my dam asset's away to the conquering alliance to get some leverage so i can possibley move about the country without losing everything and grow .. this is unprecidented , according to simmen anyone who "declares war against another alliance is a violation when they attack that alliance too deprive them of victory .
why do we have friends & enemy options on the forums ? hmmm to perminantly mark ppl your against or for thats why , but if im correctly understanding simmen thats incouaraging a violation for singling out someone and attacking them !! in fact everyone playing this dam game is in violation .. !!
that being said and out the way , i resumed my attacks on S0Ld and simmen has prolly banned me by now , you guyz seriously need too look at this becouse his accusations are so flemsy anypone can be banned for attacking anyone , and heavin forbid they get conquered and offer their crystal or ops to their conquerer's , wich again is in the playguides' as exceptable .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:55 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

We have NO rules in our ToS like:

- attack only for strong reasons
- don't attack with spam units
- when you hate a player in one world, you better not attack him in another world too

Its a war game and we see it as this.
Usually we hand out warnings or bans for harassing only in extreme cases and mostly when there are other points involved as well (like farming)

Whenever I get reports about a spamming colony, I look up first the tick when he/she has placed the colony.
Placing tick 1000 in the middle of an hive and attacking tick 1003 with 30 armored infantry all outposts around CAN get you banned. This is not how the game should be played and it destroys the game for other players.
He/she scouted before or was told where to place the colony, he/she is not aiming to play the game for fun or for the win - the sole purpose is damaging others. In this cases we admins have to react and we will. Of course its still subjective, but I rather warn/ban this spamming colony than letting it happen that players who fought 1000 ticks on a legit way suffers damage.

We could avoid this with ingame mechanics:
After a certain tick (lets say tick 100) your colony will be automatically placed on a random location.

Does this sounds like a good idea? Not to me.

It has to be the admins decision and I think we are now doing fairly okay with it . I can remember some situations in the past where admins placed bans without seeing the big picture .... This doesn't happen anymore. None of us hesitate to ask another admin for his/her opinion before we decide on something which could change a whole era.

I hope this cleared things up.
Good luck to all and enjoy e1.

PS. I have some experience on my own with fighting subs :lol:
All in all, its up to the main-leaders to get this awful 'feature' out of the game. I really hope that there will be in future a thinking process that with every sub they allow / encourage they destroy a bit more of the originally gameplay.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next