It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: AoG vs A0t
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:36 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

No response to my last post, but that's understandable since it's a small war in a small part of the world.
However, things have progressed, and more than a simple edit is required to establish my thoughts and feelings on this whole ordeal. I like a lot of the AoG members. Became friends with several over this thing. Bork, of AoG1, and Juanito for example have been excruciatingly considerate and nice before and during our alliance's conflict.

When they invited me to join up, I would gladly have jumped over onto their side if I had not already had strong ties to ODST. Thus I didn't come to a solid conclusion until I realized that the only active ties I had in ODST, aside from CommanderMartini himself whom invited me, were the very members who were left unconquered. I realized then that the rest of ODST were totally inept and either just didn't care or weren't really bothered by being conquered enough to try to fight at all. (I mean, really. I joined after most of them, so why were they conquered first?) I then realized that HEY, the people I really consider my team mates, the ones I really don't want to leave, are the two unconquered players right beside me. So I chatted them up and we talked about possibilities and our situation.

Lack of communication and coordination was really the deciding factor here. CommanderMartini of GBase declared war and then never bothered to go about preparing or even responding to any of the diplomatic and tactical messages relating to the whole issue. Without a clear objective or orders on how to act, aside from knowing AoG had attacked one of us, the whole alliance has been systematically eliminated in the space of 2 days time.

A0T has likewise been utterly demolished by AoG.

Thus, along with the guys I know, I'll be leaving ODST to either join AoG or make a new alliance with less self destructive tendencies. I liked ODST, but they made war without being prepared.

Give me your thoughts if you want. Otherwise this thread is pretty much done. The war is all but over. First A0T, then the less powerful ODST both fallen to AoG conquest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:34 am 
Private
Private

willow wrote:
No response to my last post, but that's understandable since it's a small war in a small part of the world.
However, things have progressed, and more than a simple edit is required to establish my thoughts and feelings on this whole ordeal. I like a lot of the AoG members. Became friends with several over this thing. Bork, of AoG1, and Juanito for example have been excruciatingly considerate and nice before and during our alliance's conflict.

When they invited me to join up, I would gladly have jumped over onto their side if I had not already had strong ties to ODST. Thus I didn't come to a solid conclusion until I realized that the only active ties I had in ODST, aside from CommanderMartini himself whom invited me, were the very members who were left unconquered. I realized then that the rest of ODST were totally inept and either just didn't care or weren't really bothered by being conquered enough to try to fight at all. (I mean, really. I joined after most of them, so why were they conquered first?) I then realized that HEY, the people I really consider my team mates, the ones I really don't want to leave, are the two unconquered players right beside me. So I chatted them up and we talked about possibilities and our situation.

Lack of communication and coordination was really the deciding factor here. CommanderMartini of GBase declared war and then never bothered to go about preparing or even responding to any of the diplomatic and tactical messages relating to the whole issue. Without a clear objective or orders on how to act, aside from knowing AoG had attacked one of us, the whole alliance has been systematically eliminated in the space of 2 days time.

A0T has likewise been utterly demolished by AoG.

Thus, along with the guys I know, I'll be leaving ODST to either join AoG or make a new alliance with less self destructive tendencies. I liked ODST, but they made war without being prepared.

Give me your thoughts if you want. Otherwise this thread is pretty much done. The war is all but over. First A0T, then the less powerful ODST both fallen to AoG conquest

Nice post, but VERY long...
Good luck in AoG!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:43 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

willow you would be a valued member of AoG or AoG1 and i can assure you that people on are side don't leave you to fight a war by yourself although i did not participate a great deal in the (spending time expanding eastward) i was worried when i saw an ODST colony conquered by us because you do have some good people in your alliance and if you start a new alliance friendly to or a sub of AoG i wouldn't mind joining but i would recommend relocating so your not in the middle

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2