It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Funded Spammers - the new way?
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:22 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

How is it unjust when a player purposely is trying to ruin the game play of several players? Basically, the player, Dot, planted his colony the very tick WAW started relocating to Australia right when global boost is about to happen and Ultimate Daemon sends him red tokens to help build a quick spam army. Clearly WAW wouldn't have a solid defense trying to just avoid the back stab against their NAP agreements from KoH they take that opportunity to go even further and ask a friend to essentially farm for them in a whole new perspective.

They intended to have Dot conquer WAW while they relocated to clear up all the conquers in Africa they were unsuccessful at taking which in my eyes is rightfully bannable. A simple solution would just require a colony to be in the world for a fixed amount of ticks before being eligible to receive tokens from other players. Or, must be in the players alliance to receive their tokens so you can easily identify who is doing this cheap scam.

There is a problem I've witnessed that the administration has failed to even bother with for the longest time. The problem is the terms of service isn't exactly in the open for any player to quickly find. Having that right in the open would really shut people up that threaten to sue, they sign up to play accepting the companies terms and they're subject to them. If they do not agree they simply do not play that's the bottom line.

If Daemon wants to hire a lawyer and travel to Israel to waste money and time so be it but regardless you will not win. Just cause you wasted thousands of dollars on supporting this sore game does not mean you receive special benefits or exceptions from bans when you're playing unfairly so suck it up and play legit like others.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:03 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Spam colonies have long been a thorn in the side of all alliances and as such demand that steps are taken to cope with the inevitable attack that comes when wars are ongoing.

I'm not sure that spamming could even be called an illegal tactic, it is unfair certainly but its a war game! Maybe we just need to give the tactic proper rules.

Where spamming crosses the line is when it is funded. Sending red tokens crosses the line and turns a borderline tactic into plain cheating.

Maybe anyone setting up a colony after say the first 250 ticks must wait 24 ticks to launch an attack - It shouldn't really affect game play but would make spamming much harder. They should also be banned from recieving tokens for 50? ticks.

Discuss.....

E1 Mo of KOA - The Fighting 69th
E3-A5 Mo of Kingdom of Armagh - ARM
E3-A6 Barney Gumble - The Simpsons

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:13 pm 
Captain
Captain

Don't believe it's Daemons first time, and sueing a game company just cause you are unhappy of the result of something that is against their terms, is just, well laughable. :D

【Fantasy】【EB】【Wolf】

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:31 pm 
Private
Private

Anarchist69x wrote:
How is it unjust when a player purposely is trying to ruin the game play of several players? Basically, the player, Dot, planted his colony the very tick WAW started relocating to Australia right when global boost is about to happen and Ultimate Daemon sends him red tokens to help build a quick spam army. Clearly WAW wouldn't have a solid defense trying to just avoid the back stab against their NAP agreements from KoH they take that opportunity to go even further and ask a friend to essentially farm for them in a whole new perspective.

They intended to have Dot conquer WAW while they relocated to clear up all the conquers in Africa they were unsuccessful at taking which in my eyes is rightfully bannable. A simple solution would just require a colony to be in the world for a fixed amount of ticks before being eligible to receive tokens from other players. Or, must be in the players alliance to receive their tokens so you can easily identify who is doing this cheap scam.

There is a problem I've witnessed that the administration has failed to even bother with for the longest time. The problem is the terms of service isn't exactly in the open for any player to quickly find. Having that right in the open would really shut people up that threaten to sue, they sign up to play accepting the companies terms and they're subject to them. If they do not agree they simply do not play that's the bottom line.

If Daemon wants to hire a lawyer and travel to Israel to waste money and time so be it but regardless you will not win. Just cause you wasted thousands of dollars on supporting this sore game does not mean you receive special benefits or exceptions from bans when you're playing unfairly so suck it up and play legit like others.

There is one flaw in what your saying here. This "Spam colony" could be in the supporters alliance via different world or via other house hold where they could still have multiple colony's and transfer tokens either way before the rounds even started by simply waiting for the time requirement to be met on a different world. Your idea works only assuming that your tokens can only be used on one world.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:31 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

What is the difference in what Daemon did and the use of subs? Does this not fit Andrew's explanation for the ban.

"I've banned the colony in question and the "sponsoring" colony that traded them the tokens. This kind of extreme situation is bannable even if there is no multi situation as it is circumventing the normal game mechanics/system by creating a colony for the sole purpose to strike at an opponent's weakspot."

Both ARM and KoH (among others) do this so can we ban the sponsers and subs?

The fact that you can give tokens to other players not in the alliance actually promotes this. So why punish a player for doing it? I would take a swag that this is allowed because of more money to be made by having this option.

Why is KoH being hit with this sanction and not others? Is it because of who is in the WAW alliance. Now that would be the true injustice. Having a set of rules for one and not across the board not only circumvent game mechanics its cheating.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:33 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Quick question..
Using my long term memory but wasn't there a player in the old client who tried to buy relics or something like that but he broke the rules somehow and he got banned and tried to sue BD but got denied.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:13 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

The difference is, for a sub or getting a friend to play to help you, is that in those cases there is no exploitation of a rapid attack using the ability to place a colony anywhere and spam out squads.

Had that colony been placed in Africa and given tokens, no ban. It's the fact that it was purposely placed next to our relocation OPs and rapidly rushed out his attacks. He's not playing for himself, even a misconstrued notion of enjoying the game through helping his friend... he was used simply as a one-time tool for the sponsor alliance, and therein lies the issue.

If the admins were truly biased towards me I doubt Andrew would be sitting here telling me I complain too much and anyone who agrees with me should quit the game to find a more suitable community.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:16 pm 
Captain
Captain

psg188 wrote:
So expressing an opinion that things could be better is being "pissy", when it's suggested that you don't care (as indicated by your reply to me), you tell him he is free to GTFO. That sounds like fantastic public relations.

Maybe this is tough to digest, but things aren't perfect, there are always areas to improve and suggesting such is not necessarily reserved for trolls and people who are angry all the time whose opinions don't matter. Deriding these remarks is akin to calling anyone against the Iraq war someone who simply "hates America" and should go back to whatever country they came from.

A bit more compassion would be nice, we did after all also have to wait almost a week for the last era to even end properly, though I guess mentioning that is more "America hatin'!"

Andrew wrote:
psg188 wrote:
Unfortunately simply banning and shaming won't stop this sort of thing. We need to change game mechanics

My thinking as well. We can reactively ban and compensate but that's not a really appropriate solution as the damage is already done. Proactive solutions are what we're looking for.

I've banned the colony in question and the "sponsoring" colony that traded them the tokens. This kind of extreme situation is bannable even if there is no multi situation as it is circumventing the normal game mechanics/system by creating a colony for the sole purpose to strike at an opponent's weakspot.

-Andrew

Andrew wrote:
Jack wrote:
Don't bother, Kevin. Admins don't care.

Jaded troll is jaded...

We get it Jack, you don't need to keep on spamming the same crap everywhere. If you are not happy here then you are free to find a new community to hang out with to enjoy yourself or continue being angry here.

-Andrew

Jack posted nothing constructive at all, just jabs. I get that he's angry but going around just venting isn't going to change anything and he's had his chance to vent but enough is enough. I'm giving him a chance to stop before I end up stopping him. He's had enough time to vent but there is a limit to how many times and how long his useless posts will be tolerated. If he wants to make an actual complaint he's more than welcome to, I'll listen to any feedback good or bad so long as an actual complaint is being made.

Also did you even read what I wrote in my first reply Kevin? I was in agreement with you that we need to look into a proactive solution to this problem and our current reactive solutions aren't working well. I'm thinking of adding in a mandatory 12-24 tick delay before a new colony can make attacks after tick 500 or something like that. By tick 500(ish :ugeek:) the relics are out or coming out soon and the round is starting to heat up. After this point spam colonies are more of an issue when we're getting into the stage of the round where continental and global alliances/coalitions are being formed. I hate to add an artificial limitation into the game but thus far I can't think of any other decent solution to adequately address the issue.

Sorry if I made you angry you there bud, wasn't my intention.

Friends again? :mrgreen:

-Andrew

PS:

Quote:
Had that colony been placed in Africa and given tokens, no ban. It's the fact that it was purposely placed next to our relocation OPs and rapidly rushed out his attacks. He's not playing for himself, even a misconstrued notion of enjoying the game through helping his friend... he was used simply as a one-time tool for the sponsor alliance, and therein lies the issue.
This sums up the reason for the ban quite nicely.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:38 pm 
Captain
Captain

Ferr3t wrote:
Seems Daemon is threatening to sue BD for banning him.. I find this paticulaly amusing, please shed some light on this situation for poor ol' Rildor and his mates who think that they have a massive case. Thank-you. :)

Figured I'd make a new post to address this, sorry mods for making double posts here twice now in this thread, please forgive me :D.

As with several things in-game there's grey areas which the ToS's specific guidelines for use and abuse may not directly cover. The ToS is not a list of things that are only against the rules and anything not specifically stated there is ok.

There are certain unethical situations which aren't included in the ToS and this is one of those. If we were to include every possible situation the document would reach hundreds of pages. For any issues not directly covered by a specific guideline the admins have to make a judgment call.

That's there this part of the ToS comes into play:

"6.13. Termination: Tacticsoft may, at its sole discretion, terminate this Agreement, Services, Application or any other service rendered by it due to any reason, including any fault or malfunction, for any User, including You, or with no reason at all or for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Tacticsoft believes that You have violated or acted inconsistently with the understandings or spirit of this Agreement or for any reason decided by Tacticsoft as a cause for termination. Tacticsoft may also, in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing Services, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of Your access to Services under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Tacticsoft may immediately deactivate or delete Your User Account and all related information and files in Your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the service. Furthermore, You agree that Tacticsoft shall not be liable to You or any third-party for any termination of Your access to Services."

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:36 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

I just don't like being dismissed because you think I'm being overly emotional, that is a logical fallacy and it irritates me. Based on your last post I'm willing to drop it.

I don't like a hard limit either, make it relic based. Relics on the field? 24 tick limit until attacks can go out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next