It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: E1 NEXT ERA,
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:16 am 
Corporal
Corporal

There is a certain point where boosting will outmatch skill.

Back when I played on M1 for example when SoL came to attack us, non-donors, they had tons more units than us. We took on and killed 300 of their squads with 70 squads at tick 500 and 24 ticks later they came with 150 more and over-ran us.

Boosting puts heavy pressure on non-donors, even with skill in play.

Shall god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:07 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

If that were the case then the records would be held by donators. Facts speak for themselves.

People who whine about donators are usually just sore because they can't win a real round themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:20 pm 
Major
Major

Slybrood wrote:
There is a certain point where boosting will outmatch skill.

Back when I played on M1 for example when SoL came to attack us, non-donors, they had tons more units than us. We took on and killed 300 of their squads with 70 squads at tick 500 and 24 ticks later they came with 150 more and over-ran us.

Boosting puts heavy pressure on non-donors, even with skill in play.

But there are other factors that are in play as well. Activity, for example, if you were to donate craploads for one round and not back it up with activity, that certain point where boosting outmatches skill will be terminated.

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:04 pm 
Captain
Captain

So basically no matter who wins, everyone loses. This sounds greeeeeeeeaaaaaaat.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:27 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Jack wrote:
So basically no matter who wins, everyone loses. This sounds greeeeeeeeaaaaaaat.

what do u mean by that?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:31 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

It's good to see actual discussion instead of blatant name calling and trashing of ideals. It comes down to that we all have our own opinions and play styles. Me, for example. I have an honor code, I don't backstab and I honor treaties and such. I listen to ideas of others, I take votes, I keep everyone's opinion in mind when making decisions that will effect my alliance as a whole. On top of this, I have a defensive play style. Have I ever won? No, have I came out of an era with a clean conscious and my head held high? Yes. Personally I don't blame my losses on Backstabbing, sometimes you just don't see stuff coming. Being blindsided is always a possibility. Turn on your allies is part of the game, although some don't agree with it.

Everything has it's place in this game, no matter what it is. Everything we do that effects one another shapes the world we play on as a whole. The tides of battle can shift dramatically from one simple move, whether it be a game winning upfront battle or a sneak attack.

But, just about everyone I play with thinks highly of me as a leader, Player and a person. That is something I can live with, whether I win the round or not.

On the topic of donating, if you have an active alliance who signs on hourly that buys 5000 tokens every week then it's hard to combat, especially if they are moderately good players. Yes, skill plays a part, I've seen people turn a sure loss into a surprise win. It's a subject that teeters back and forth.

Now, I know I'm not as active in the forums as I wanna be but I've always been here. Struggling from round to round, check past E1 eras and you'll see PoZ for a few of them in the New client. Just figured I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Leader of the Principality of Zeon [ PoZ ] E1
Leader of TF F1A4 - Finished Rank 9
Leader of DS F4A5 - Finished Rank 5
Highest individual rank ever attained: 32

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:58 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Give it time, it will eventully get you, dont look behind you, its coming faster then you think;p

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:05 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I'll have to keep watch, then lol. It'll be fun playing with you guys next era, I'm always trying to improve. So far I've only been able to hit 5th spot and that was on a fantasy world so I've been focusing on E1. It's always an honor to play an era with a strong alliance.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:07 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I think there are basically 2 ways 2 play BD: being yourself, or putting into your head that this is just a game, and that justifies any "evil" actions taken. And its not possible to say which one is objectively right, because both are. Some may say that you shouldnt play with skill, honor and pride. Some say all of that is BS in a game where nothing is real. Make your mind and choose a side, and prepare to loathe the other 1. Either way, your oportunities and options are equal, even if you dont realize it or dont believe it.

The New Brotherhood of Steel... brothers till death rip us apart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:46 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I agree with you Vault Dweller, I personally rarely am a sore looser. I'd only get sore about a loss if it was dealt to me in a very underhanded way. So far I think I've been lucky not to be backstabbed, although I've probably jinxed myself.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next