It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Most blatant cheating ever
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:46 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

To stay on topic. I am in TWSS I personally didn't know about it until Darkonus came out and said it in chat then I wasn't exactly on at that time. But the moment I found out about it and realized it wasn't a joke I sent a couple of messages to Andrew which by the way haven't been opened yet.

In response to Seth:
There seems to be levels of unfairness in the way andrew bans. He does ban before he knows everything which is fine. But it takes him 5 plus days to read mails at times a minimum of one and a half days at good times. Then he bans on group he permabans them for farming while they can prove through messages that they weren't guilty. But that is fine atleast there was some Proactiveness there. The follow up was terrible on the other hand taking over 5 days to respond to messages. Then others he bans and goes here is a 48 tick ban for farming. Come on. Get it together become fair. If you are going to be Proactive aslong as you are also semi quick to respond you know (24 hours as it says in the TIPs when logging in) would be great.

Personally I prefer the Proactive admins because that means the worlds are less likely to have large multi chains. Or cheaters in other ways on them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:57 pm 
Captain
Captain

tootje wrote:
and yee second member banned on BIO front frist darkonus now kodak?

This ban has nothing to do with Darkonus's ban.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:27 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

A ban is a ban though, doesn't look good =/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

well admins r right i travel and have allways played with many IP.s because i hit Mc donalds and BK and coffy shops tethering and so on 2 log bd

I am glad they take the time 2 look at things

And as far as it goes andrew and seth have aways made things right when it comes 2 cheating trust me this goes all the way back 2 early days of old cleint

I have seen it over and over many eras i have seen almost every kinda of cheating there is. and they allways serve up the banhammer and sort things out if payment is due because of cheaters they will give it.

It has allways taen time 2 look over much data 2 find it all if they just took your word on things we would have a new way to cheat, hop on bannwagon when cheaters r caught and lie to get more.

it will all be sorted out soon. i should have posted sooner and i am sry i didnt

Seth thanks for your side of things mybee many can understand better an admins job. i asure u it isnt easy to many people 2 look over.

my hats off 2 the admins for a thankless job.

but i shall thank u yet again dont lose faith seth there is many vets who know and understand things, we all thank u for your time.

the prb is most of us vets give up on many of these newer players and there short fuses and dissmiss there post.

half the time it just becomes a flamefest on the forums so we adviod them.

I think i am one of those, and i belive i should try harder to guide these newer players with these kinda things.

Thanks all of Bd and admins for your understanding.

Mad max

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:29 pm 
Captain
Captain

pretty sure i made a post 12 hours ago but now its deleted?

pretty sure i should be compensated for losing units defended Darkonus colony one time. that was at like tick 950 when he has had all these multi's i didnt know about. if you compensate the enemy u should be compensating people defending his colony(who didnt know about the cheating) the compensation should be given to all parties involved. maybe ill send message now and get reply back in a week.

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:34 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Mad Max, Am not quoting you here since its a long post.

But to get to the point, there might be people who do not understand an admins job very well, but I certainly do. It is not possible to keep a track of everyone, and everything and find out multies and ban them all the time. The only thing that made me say that admining could have been better, that would have avoided all of these issues, was that almost 10% of the server was multies. Now that is a huge number. Even if an admin cannot find all of them multies, 10% let to stay alive for almost 1000 ticks or more, and then finally causing trouble for 3 alliances - is simply not fair. It should have been found way before.

Though all that said, I do appreciate the efforts our admins put in to make the game a fairer place for people that wanna play a serious game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:08 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I'm not trying to be rude or anything. But how do you know how it is to be admin on a battledawn server? How do you know what tools we work with and how we solve cases?

It's not an easy job, and usually end up with people complaining on one or both sides of the case because they feel that they have been treated unfairly.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:29 pm 
Captain
Captain

tootje wrote:
and yee second member banned on BIO front frist darkonus now kodak?

The ban for Kodak was for farming, someone he knows made a colony to spam/collect crystals for him which resulted in both getting a 2 day ban in all worlds.

Say no to farming guys!

-Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:01 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

cheating is bad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:33 pm 
Captain
Captain

tdrake wrote:
Ya it was pretty bad, and its not 100 colonys, was only 20 damm if I had 100 hell Id be PL 500+. Though maintaining 100 colonys is alot more work then I would have time to put in. Mostly I wanted to make a point that nothing has been fixed. Its way to easy to have Multi's. I warned them about this months ago and they havn't done a thing. Half of the server is probably multi's. NFL compensated for what? NFL still would of lost that battle if I didn't ION the op, TWSS was attacking with twice the force, also who known how many soldiers where hit by the ION's since there random, and its only 10 per Ion.

Reporting an exploit in our systems so we can correct it is a good thing, your methods however are not. Your accounts have all been banned, the many dozen that you created.

Point is you are hiding behind this excuse that you are "Wanting to make a point" that the system could be exploited. Basically you messed up, got found out and now are trying to justify your actions for messing up the game for a lot of people. Congrats, your a jerk, mission accomplished we all know that now. People such as yourself try to find anything to exploit and then pass it off that you are doing it for the greater good when really you are the one that is causing the problem in the first place.

We're correcting the exploits and improving our security so the end result is the same, except your way you just ruined the fun for a lot of people instead of taking the honourable route to make the exploit known to the staff. Hell you could have made a bunch of penises all over the map with colonies or spelt out: "ANDREW SUCKS" in outposts and you would have gotten the same satisfaction without causing frustration for others.

Enjoy your 15 minutes.

-Andrew

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next