It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Siblings and Account share ( no control)
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:40 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

19 min of sleep per day is physically not even possible to carry on after a few days. on your case yeah it's very likely they they probably are cheating. you could ask for the admin to investigate on them. like maybe talk to both and ask their schedules and how they manage to stay online 24/7 at the same time.

Former Teams : RCon - OTGH - ICE - LWB - BORG - SWAT- HA - AE - TWA - Wolf - T

- WarHammer of DarKLand.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:03 am 
Private
Private

If this way of playing is allowed,I will not play more.I do not want to be robbed by administrators.

good luck,

Vladimir

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:06 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ehsas wrote:
One of the main reasons they would play is to play and have fun together. and why would there be no way? if both the accounts are always online at the same time then it's preety obvious that someone's cheating. and the times i have played with 2 spouses before, they arent really online at the same time at all other than a few set times because of different schedules. Same in my case, i missed several launches before because of my sister not waking up.

As for ways of catching them, why wouldn't there be any? I don't know anything about IT or Computer studies since not majoring at that. but can't you tell if someone logged in from a different device or not while still using the same wifi?

Why would it be obvious if they are both online at the same time? When I play, I am practically always online. Let's say I convince my little sister (yes, I have a sister) to play this game. She gets really active. She's always online! Or is it me on her account? Or are both of us simply always online because we take turns?

See, I don't know if you cheated when you were playing with your siblings. I simply cannot know. And that is the entire problem with this approach, you cannot know when people are cheating or not. Even if you could isolate different PC's from which people are playing, you wouldn't know.

Let's presume here that I want to cheat. I have my PC, my sister has her PC. They are next to each other (they actually are). We send a picture of us the start of the era to the admin to confirm hey, we're siblings and we're both playing this world.

At one point, she gets called but can't come online to launch. She calls me and asks me if I can do the launch for her. Sure I can, I just look over to the PC next to me and move her units. I'm always online anyway :lol: Then we figure hey, I might as well do this the entire time. And if I get tired, I'll ask her to take over and play for me while I sleep.

It's just too easy and too tempting, so I can see why people would do it. When it's easy and tempting to cheat with literally no means to catch the people cheating, something is wrong with the system. And that is why I argue that the only fix for this system is to not allow siblings to play on the same world.

Hitmo wrote:
Well Milan now we have u a powerful man, if we again make a thread & request higher authority to do something abt joe it should be done we have individually tried telling our problems but not much of response but if we work together I'm Sure something will happen
I have all those members in my contact who have suffered same problems like u & me

I need to tell 1 more thing abt Joe
One of my friend used to play on F3 with 2 accounts ( no he did not have any siblings) he did this for like 6 months means around 4-5 eras still he wasn't banned by joe , I told him many times to stop doing it but he continued & was never banned

ur absolutely right there are many mods who are in the waiting list & they deserve it .
& joe being admin on CE , I have only few words to say - God Bless CE

I am not a powerful man, I am not even a moderator ;) I have no official position whatsoever. If you however make a thread about Joe, I will be more than happy to share all the experiences I have had with him on there. The last time I made a thread like that the other admins weren't exactly grateful though, just saying. But please do, I will be your most outspoken advocate heh.

Since a long time it has baffled me why Joe is even still an admin. We have Tom who has been an admin forever and who really deserves to have some worlds on the main servers. We have Korupt who I believe is doing very well on Kong, and back when I first started suggesting this I was an admin myself who was doing a far better job. On top of that we have as you mentioned several active mods, so I really REALLY don't see why he still even is an admin.

Anyway I know that if we continue along this line this thread will just get locked, so if you actually want to try and change it I really suggest you make the thread. As I said, I'll post with my past experiences (including screenies, if they're still up, otherwise I'll post the screenies with them in about 2 months :lol: )

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:17 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

about admin joe he was the first admin i play in his world (him and ilona E3-M3 were my first worlds ) and he is a nice admin idk whats ur problem with him and u cant say he doesnt ban cheaters cuz i see he does

and about the siblings well this is the problem of all the games not just BD so instead of showing it why dont u say an acceptable solution for it

Iam just a LEGEND

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:34 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I didn't feel the need to reply here earlier as I am talking since days about that topic on Skype for hours each day.

So I will make it short.... sorry but I am getting tired of this

1. when a player wants to play with a sibling, he/she has to message the world admin. The world admin will look up the player history, the logfiles and most likely when there is nothing speaking against this, mark the player. This marker is a "lamp" blinking on the colony as well as a entry into several other admin panels and tools. This marker appears on all servers he/she will play on. We have serval other flashing "lamps" that also mark players with a bad history for example when they are well known as cheaters.
If there is a doubt that the player will really play with a sibling, we ask for more proof. Depending on the situation, it can be a picture, a video, a Skype chat with all at the same time or other things.
All in all I have to say, that players who wants to cheat would do better not having several blinking and flashing signs on their colony as an admin will always watch those who have one even more.

2. we record according to our ToS some player information. This doesn't mean we are spying on them nor that we should add more. You all agreed to it as you finished the registration of your account. In order to make our tools efficiently we collect those data for a certain amount of time.
As for example: When you play on the same IP than another player, you can't send them resources or attack them. Even when the date where you've been on the same IP is days ago.
When we would add a new restriction that a player can't plant a colony on a server where someone else has a colony on the same IP that he is using now or several days ago, it would limit the amount of IPs that are allowed to zero within a short time. Imagine, a player is traveling and log into bd every day at the hotel where he currently stays for the night. Not only that it would add a lot IPs to the "no join" list, it would also make it impossible for any other people to join bd from this hotels for around 14 days.
This was now just 1 player. What about all other players and players using public wifi? I think it would take 1 month and we would have close to zero IPs left that are allowed. Goodbye BD :/

3. an IP restriction only for siblings could be possible. It would mean: you have to message the admin that you have siblings playing bd as well; he/she will mark your account; you can't place where your sibling plays.
Really? Well, lets say I am angry with my sister... I message the admin to get the marker and then I will drop a colony on all servers. Voila! She can't access BD anymore

4. BD as anti social game: Don't you like it when your best friend plays the same game as you do? Why do we play FB games and send requests and gifts to them? I know, I know, many of you will now say: But I don't have a friend in RL who plays BD!
Yup, BD is not as well knows as Candycrush saga or other games. One reason that it isn't well known is for sure that we don't have many social features in it and its a tough game. Are you too weak and don't have the will to win attitude, you'll give up on bd very fast.
What this has to do with siblings? It has a lot to do with it, because it would needed to be handled on the same way. When BD would somehow become very popular and all your friends want to play it, you wouldn't be allowed to play it together.

5. "Doing shifts". Thats the main argument that I hear about the "oh-2-brothers-playing-we-cannot-beat-them" issue. Its right, having a friend or a brother playing the same server gives you huge advantages. You can lean back and rely on your friends that they will wake you up when there is the red flashing incoming light. Funnily, its practiced in almost all top alliances that they call each other on mobile when they have incoming. Where is the difference between calling them or poking them?
I give you a good advise: There is a nice feature that is called 'performing a jam". When you know that they are brothers or friends, you could jam them both! Having 2 ppl who see nothing, is not better than having 1person who sees nothing.
Last argument: but what if they don't wake each other and just use the brothers PC to log in and defend instead of him?
Thats the only argument that is left and true. We admins can't see if you call your mom, sister, grandma, or brother to turn your units when you got from your alliance the order to turn them. This issue is as old as the game is.
We can't see who is behind the PC and there won't be a way to solve this. Thats not only an issue with brothers, its an issue with every player who plays. Heck, even I played in an alliance where a guy told me, that he really asked his mom to turn while he was busy. If i remember right, the madam was 60+ years at that time.
I've talked to Joe and he said that the brothers we are talking about at this moment were very willingly to cooperate and even told that they would proof it with a video that the one who is on is the one whose account it is. That says a lot.

Dang, I wanted to make it short and this ended with the opposite of short. Oh well, you might get my point that there is no golden way to go.....
If we add restrictions, they would apply to all of us.

- Ilona

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:52 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

mostafa2324 wrote:
about admin joe he was the first admin i play in his world (him and ilona E3-M3 were my first worlds ) and he is a nice admin idk whats ur problem with him and u cant say he doesnt ban cheaters cuz i see he does

and about the siblings well this is the problem of all the games not just BD so instead of showing it why dont u say an acceptable solution for it

"Joe is nice admin" ???
same Joe that doesnt see any problem with siblings ( who cheat by switching shifts on 2 accounts in same world ) , same Joe who protect those siblings from bann, while he threat to me with "actions that he will do on me" - only becouse i descover and made public BD trick to fix game in favour of some players.
this is fraude , game is fixed, and who knows how much money hundreds of players used to beat sibling cheaters so far . and Champions era will start in few days, siblings will play it and normal players will waste lot of money on fixed game.
and BD is not doing anything to prevent that , they only threat to us, fair players , if we continue to point finger on cheaters.
siblings have huge advantage against 99,9% of other players. this 2 brothers from E5 are not only one .
btw, they play 5,6 eras atm, winning . many BD players waste time and money against this 2 cheaters, and they didnt know that this 2 are sharing . they have 30 medals together, and that is 30 eras where fair players were victims of this fraude. that is huge money stollen from us in fixed game

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:55 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Bre, could you do me a favor and add some content to your posts? Calling it fraud is not productive at all. Please read my posting and tell me how you would fix the issue.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:15 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Ilona wrote:
I didn't feel the need to reply here earlier as I am talking since days about that topic on Skype for hours each day.

1. when a player wants to play with a sibling, he/she has to message the world admin. The world admin will look up the player history, the logfiles and most likely when there is nothing speaking against this, mark the player. This marker is a "lamp" blinking on the colony as well as a entry into several other admin panels and tools. This marker appears on all servers he/she will play on. We have serval other flashing "lamps" that also mark players with a bad history for example when they are well known as cheaters.
If there is a doubt that the player will really play with a sibling, we ask for more proof. Depending on the situation, it can be a picture, a video, a Skype chat with all at the same time or other things.
All in all I have to say, that players who wants to cheat would do better not having several blinking and flashing signs on their colony as an admin will always watch those who have one even more.

2. we record according to our ToS some player information. This doesn't mean we are spying on them nor that we should add more. You all agreed to it as you finished the registration of your account. In order to make our tools efficiently we collect those data for a certain amount of time.
As for example: When you play on the same IP than another player, you can't send them resources or attack them. Even when the date where you've been on the same IP is days ago.
When we would add a new restriction that a player can't plant a colony on a server where someone else has a colony on the same IP that he is using now or several days ago, it would limit the amount of IPs that are allowed to zero within a short time. Imagine, a player is traveling and log into bd every day at the hotel where he currently stays for the night. Not only that it would add a lot IPs to the "no join" list, it would also make it impossible for any other people to join bd from this hotels for around 14 days.
This was now just 1 player. What about all other players and players using public wifi? I think it would take 1 month and we would have close to zero IPs left that are allowed. Goodbye BD :/

3. an IP restriction only for siblings could be possible. It would mean: you have to message the admin that you have siblings playing bd as well; he/she will mark your account; you can't place where your sibling plays.
Really? Well, lets say I am angry with my sister... I message the admin to get the marker and then I will drop a colony on all servers. Voila! She can't access BD anymore

What this has to do with siblings? It has a lot to do with it, because it would needed to be handled on the same way. When BD would somehow become very popular and all your friends want to play it, you wouldn't be allowed to play it together.

5. "Doing shifts". Thats the main argument that I hear about the "oh-2-brothers-playing-we-cannot-beat-them" issue. Its right, having a friend or a brother playing the same server gives you huge advantages. You can lean back and rely on your friends that they will wake you up when there is the red flashing incoming light. Funnily, its practiced in almost all top alliances that they call each other on mobile when they have incoming. Where is the difference between calling them or poking them?
I give you a good advise: There is a nice feature that is called 'performing a jam". When you know that they are brothers or friends, you could jam them both! Having 2 ppl who see nothing, is not better than having 1person who sees nothing.
Last argument: but what if they don't wake each other and just use the brothers PC to log in and defend instead of him?
Thats the only argument that is left and true. We admins can't see if you call your mom, sister, grandma, or brother to turn your units when you got from your alliance the order to turn them. This issue is as old as the game is.
We can't see who is behind the PC and there won't be a way to solve this. Thats not only an issue with brothers, its an issue with every player who plays. Heck, even I played in an alliance where a guy told me, that he really asked his mom to turn while he was busy. If i remember right, the madam was 60+ years at that time.
I've talked to Joe and he said that the brothers we are talking about at this moment were very willingly to cooperate and even told that they would proof it with a video that the one who is on is the one whose account it is. That says a lot.

Dang, I wanted to make it short and this ended with the opposite of short. Oh well, you might get my point that there is no golden way to go.....

- Ilona

nice story, only problem is it is just story.
"lamps blinking" is story for naive people.
same as camera calls- that never happends. that form of control never happend so far, Ilona said already it is not alloved, it is against "players privacy". Ilona is telling us storys in this post.
it is not aplayable in reality, cause admins are not online 24/7 to do "camera call" ( especialy Joe who is online max 2 hours in day, as all know)
and for cheat is enough few min to atack or turn back army.
and those brothers said they will cooperate? now, after they did their job on e5? and all other worlds? it is same as letting bank robbers to get away after 30 jobs done, becouse they say: "we will not do it anymore".
they will just be more careful, or when they are called by admin, they will just say: "my brother made move few min ago, and he goes out right now on work "
Ilona is talking now about this ways of checking presence of both players, but so far it was never done, never used to check if they are realy both there , moving, or it is only one of them in his "shift"

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:00 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

you claim that they can cheat by well one of them being busy and the other one controlling both the accounts. yes it is possible. but not everyone does it every system has risks.

even if siblings playing on the same IP were banned, that still would NOT fix your problem because people can just get another person to log in for him and make him move units, and there is no way to catch that.

so unless you find a solution to the latter problem, there is no reason to stop the first.

and I really do hope you actually get solutions for both since it's just 1% of players that cheat and ruin the reputation of everyone else.

As for your arguments on Joe, he has always been fair and logical, the only downside is that he's less active compared to the other admins, but other than that he's good.

Former Teams : RCon - OTGH - ICE - LWB - BORG - SWAT- HA - AE - TWA - Wolf - T

- WarHammer of DarKLand.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:30 am 
Private
Private

Ilona wrote:

4. BD as anti social game: Don't you like it when your best friend plays the same game as you do? Why do we play FB games and send requests and gifts to them? I know, I know, many of you will now say: But I don't have a friend in RL who plays BD!
Yup, BD is not as well knows as Candycrush saga or other games. One reason that it isn't well known is for sure that we don't have many social features in it and its a tough game. Are you too weak and don't have the will to win attitude, you'll give up on bd very fast.

- Ilona

First of all , Ilona is my favorite admin.. :) :)

There is still a question remaining. :geek: :geek: :geek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Bd is a game that need hard work and lots of sleepless nights to make a stand. :evil:

"they call each other on mobile when they have incoming. Where is the difference between calling them or poking them?" :shock:

The difference is that the player need to come online anyhow to do something on ac :| . but on other case u just sleep tight where u know someone is taking care of your ac. :D 8-) 8-)

Seriously there is no way to know whats going on there except fingerprint sensor . :idea: :idea:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next