It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What is the Problem?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm 
BD Maintenance Team
BD Maintenance Team
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:55 pm
Posts: 1547
Gender: male
Korupt wrote:
The problem is looking to the past and not to the future. We need to look forward for ways to positively improve the game and to help our new players. If all we do is constantly kill the new players they will not stick around and learn the game which we need. Stop looking to the past and complaining and start looking to the future and do something to help.


Your response tells me that you didn't read my previous post or at least the first one. If that is true, please read them and you'll know i'm trying to help identify the problem in the PRESENT so we can have a better FUTURE.

And the problem you stated doesn't really focus on specifics but in general. For one, the game is made so that new players are conquered. Are you saying that, that is a problem? Or are you saying it's because we're looking into the past that we think we have a problem and in actuality we do not have a problem at all?

_________________
Image
Apollo wrote:
Eh, I try to win every once and awhile. Gotta keep up appearances.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: What is the Problem?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:06 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
The problem is not helping the newbs and teaching them to improve. Yes some of us learned on our own but many of the top players were taken under the wing so to speak of a pro player and taught. It seems that this mentality of helping is all but gone and with it goes our population. That is a main problem but the other problem is as I said, so many pros and old players are looking to the past and wanting the game to change back. What sense does that make? You must always move forward, especially in the gaming world.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: What is the Problem?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:21 pm 
SM Moderator
SM Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1625
Location: England
Gender: male
What does a change of map or more E have to do with helping noobs? :lol:

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: What is the Problem?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:33 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm
Posts: 745
Korupt wrote:
The problem is not helping the newbs and teaching them to improve. Yes some of us learned on our own but many of the top players were taken under the wing so to speak of a pro player and taught. It seems that this mentality of helping is all but gone and with it goes our population. That is a main problem but the other problem is as I said, so many pros and old players are looking to the past and wanting the game to change back. What sense does that make? You must always move forward, especially in the gaming world.

and imo this is the problem, that BD is trying to close the gap between skilled people and not skilled people and allowing the not skilled to be on par

and please show me how the mentality of teaching has decreased?
but still this is how i see the game changing or atleast how you want it changed
you want to the most skilled players have a less chance of winning when it's their skill that gives them wins

_________________
MGH 1st
MGH 1st
TTE 1st
WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
Image
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on skype littleconqueror1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: What is the Problem?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:41 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
lilconquer wrote:
and imo this is the problem, that BD is trying to close the gap between skilled people and not skilled people and allowing the not skilled to be on par

and please show me how the mentality of teaching has decreased?
but still this is how i see the game changing or atleast how you want it changed
you want to the most skilled players have a less chance of winning when it's their skill that gives them wins

Never once did I say that they should have less of a chance of winning and if they really are so skilled than why would they suddenly be unable to win? Haha I'd say the players you are arguing for would be the mediocre players which is alright but we need to elevate their skill level as well as new players. No matter what changes you make if you are not retaining new players the game will die.

So what is the best way to do that? Teach them just as we were taught so they improve and before you even say it I know you say that you were never taught. That is surely untrue though unless you have never played with a player more skilled than you. When we play with players better than us we are learning and being taught just by them assisting us or letting us know where to go and why.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: What is the Problem?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:20 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm
Posts: 745
Korupt wrote:
lilconquer wrote:
and imo this is the problem, that BD is trying to close the gap between skilled people and not skilled people and allowing the not skilled to be on par

and please show me how the mentality of teaching has decreased?
but still this is how i see the game changing or atleast how you want it changed
you want to the most skilled players have a less chance of winning when it's their skill that gives them wins

Never once did I say that they should have less of a chance of winning and if they really are so skilled than why would they suddenly be unable to win? Haha I'd say the players you are arguing for would be the mediocre players which is alright but we need to elevate their skill level as well as new players. No matter what changes you make if you are not retaining new players the game will die.

So what is the best way to do that? Teach them just as we were taught so they improve and before you even say it I know you say that you were never taught. That is surely untrue though unless you have never played with a player more skilled than you. When we play with players better than us we are learning and being taught just by them assisting us or letting us know where to go and why.

you misunderstanding what im saying
what you seem to want is being extremely skilled to be pointless which is not good for BD. seeing nubs in the top ranks nowadays just drives me nuts and the newer players/not skilled players need to stop being babied so damn much. BD is so easy now its rediculous. especially in defense

_________________
MGH 1st
MGH 1st
TTE 1st
WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
Image
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on skype littleconqueror1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: What is the Problem?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:41 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:54 pm
Posts: 2
The problem with this game, Is the idea of giving tokens to second and third place. I understand in a solo player world, but in the alliance worlds, Giving someone tokens for second and third place encourages people to not only just sit there and do nothing the whole round, then give up relics to the alliance who boosted the most.

When i started, Alliances had 3-4 subs, back in the OC and people cried but they did not make as much of a difference as they do now, because everyone fought anyway, they wanted first place because that was the only way to get the extra resources at the start of the next round. (well near the end of the OC that is).

It is just very not cool, for people who are not new, but only have 8-9 friends because everyone is so well connected that they have around 10-30 friends plant on the world to help them. It makes it impossible for those alliances with only the ten of them, so their only option is to either die, or settle for second.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: What is the Problem?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:43 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm
Posts: 745
3socca3 wrote:
The problem with this game, Is the idea of giving tokens to second and third place. I understand in a solo player world, but in the alliance worlds, Giving someone tokens for second and third place encourages people to not only just sit there and do nothing the whole round, then give up relics to the alliance who boosted the most.

When i started, Alliances had 3-4 subs, back in the OC and people cried but they did not make as much of a difference as they do now, because everyone fought anyway, they wanted first place because that was the only way to get the extra resources at the start of the next round. (well near the end of the OC that is).

It is just very not cool, for people who are not new, but only have 8-9 friends because everyone is so well connected that they have around 10-30 friends plant on the world to help them. It makes it impossible for those alliances with only the ten of them, so their only option is to either die, or settle for second.

this is very true but not many people are willing to give that up
including myself

_________________
MGH 1st
MGH 1st
TTE 1st
WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
Image
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on skype littleconqueror1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: What is the Problem?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:50 pm 
BD Maintenance Team
BD Maintenance Team
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:27 pm
Posts: 1287
Either decrease the 2nd and 3rd place finishes or increase rank 1 finishes by a lot..

_________________
Add me on skype
BattleDawnPro

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755
Image
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: What is the Problem?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:06 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8026
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
obviously we will need to help the new players. HOWEVER, if those players grow and play in the environment where everyone is hugging each other, they will be hugging soon, or leave if they don't like hugging.

the problem is not the old-new player, it is the mindset of the players that are currently playing. That is hugging and getting as much allies as possible. I myself did think that the more subs I have the better in the first eras I played.

While I agree subs are the most effective tool for newbies to experience the game, I don't see any needs for a good, active and boosting alliance to be someone else subs.

From wat I can see, the main problems are:

- Rewards to top 3. People are satisfied with being a top 3 alliance, and thus they don't want to lose the position that they are having. Hence they turn friendly and support the 1st rank and try to avoid war as much as possible.

- Handing relics. People are afraid of getting killed, hence instead of keeping the relic and defending them, they take the relics, get the crystals and several ticks' resource bonus, then give it to the 1st rank alliance. Wat is worse, is that the first rank allows it, they don't have to lose units on taking the relics, plus they don't have to worry about defending it until they take it back. So it's a win-win situation for both.

RupertAngier wrote:
Either decrease the 2nd and 3rd place finishes or increase rank 1 finishes by a lot..


we are discussing problems, not finding a way to solve it, yet.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl