It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: What is the Problem?
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:29 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

The solution is the problem ¥~¥

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:36 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

what about the issue of noone wanting to fight cause conquers dont give much, war is only a loss of units
and there's global boosts that u can get just by doing nothing

so there we get mostly "friendly" top10 alliances that have great power cause they havent fought the whole era and just made up their borders and waited for boosts.

and basicly if you are watching the outcomes of the games. peaceful alliances have greater succes rate than agressive ones ... cause it's like:

all play passive
one alliance becomes too agressive
everyone kills it
crystal sharing
continue afk

so basicly what i mean is that there is nothing that provokes people to fight

and there isnt much else to do in this game to fight ...

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

mxmxm123 wrote:
what about the issue of noone wanting to fight cause conquers dont give much, war is only a loss of units
and there's global boosts that u can get just by doing nothing

so there we get mostly "friendly" top10 alliances that have great power cause they havent fought the whole era and just made up their borders and waited for boosts.

and basicly if you are watching the outcomes of the games. peaceful alliances have greater succes rate than agressive ones ... cause it's like:

all play passive
one alliance becomes too agressive
everyone kills it
crystal sharing
continue afk

so basicly what i mean is that there is nothing that provokes people to fight

and there isnt much else to do in this game to fight ...

and the xtal shortage also dropped a lot of war because people had less to fight for, i'd seen eras before when teams had over 1,000 xtals now a server is lucky to have 1,000 as a whole

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:20 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

3socca3 wrote:
The problem with this game, Is the idea of giving tokens to second and third place. I understand in a solo player world, but in the alliance worlds, Giving someone tokens for second and third place encourages people to not only just sit there and do nothing the whole round, then give up relics to the alliance who boosted the most.

When i started, Alliances had 3-4 subs, back in the OC and people cried but they did not make as much of a difference as they do now, because everyone fought anyway, they wanted first place because that was the only way to get the extra resources at the start of the next round. (well near the end of the OC that is).

It is just very not cool, for people who are not new, but only have 8-9 friends because everyone is so well connected that they have around 10-30 friends plant on the world to help them. It makes it impossible for those alliances with only the ten of them, so their only option is to either die, or settle for second.

I think this is a really good point. I, myself have joined with friends to play in a server to do nothing and at the end get a relic or enough power that we can get 3rd place, and just like that we have 1k blues given to us and that's plenty reward for doing nothing.

@Aister

Quote:
- Handing relics. People are afraid of getting killed, hence instead of keeping the relic and defending them, they take the relics, get the crystals and several ticks' resource bonus, then give it to the 1st rank alliance. Wat is worse, is that the first rank allows it, they don't have to lose units on taking the relics, plus they don't have to worry about defending it until they take it back. So it's a win-win situation for both.

This is a good point you bring up as well. And i strongly believe this is tied to the reward for tokens for 2nd and third place like you had said in your post. Because at the core, players have developed this mentality(myself included) that we can always come back next era or try on other eras. it's kind of like saying i can quit anytime, but that's actually not true.

@mxmxm123

so basically what i mean is that there is nothing that provokes people to fight

and there isn't much else to do in this game to fight ..

I think this ties in with what LC says about crystals. Now i have thought about how in the OC there were not many crystals and people still went after rewards and whatnot. But i don't think that kind of mentality is tolerable anymore because we are used to this new way where we know there is a possibility of 1k+ crystals.

Overall, i like to think i've been enlightened with what you guys have been saying so far, esp the rank 2 and 3 rewards stuff, KEEP IT UP!!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:57 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The root of all evil is time. We have all played for so long that we have developed great friendships with quite a few players. I for one, know exactly who is going to be in my alliance prior to each round. Seasoned veterans are playing with seasoned veterans and neglecting new players (who do not boost heavily). Now there is nothing wrong with a bunch of friends sticking together, it creates a good community and promotes cohesiveness in alliances. But the idea remains that the only way for a completely new player to succeed is to join a sub-alliance or find someone who is willing to mentor them.

Now I am not a member of the adopt-a-newb setup but I believe in it. Whenever a new player contacts me ingame I do my best to help them as much as I can without hindering my alliance or myself.

Unfortunately its up to us (seasoned players) to take control of this issue. People just want to coast through a round far to badly to take in a liability such as a new player.

Oh, and the tutorial should be revised to reflect more effective means of growth. I tried doing it once and the order of things seemed foolish to me so I just cancelled it.

For your consideration,
-Pete

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3