It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's encourage Sub abuse!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:37 pm 
Captain
Captain

I've seen them taken down already

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:41 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

well we want to know how from the inside? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:55 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Whatever COUGHexcuseCOUGH I mean reason you make to yourself, I'm talking about a legit controlled model Sub empire. Not what you've seen, but what you want to see.

I compare Sub Empires to Communists, and Traditionalist to Capitalists.

A lot of people say that Communism works in principle only, yet many countries still run under that style of government even today... decades after the first communist government was founded. Same with Subs. People have been playing Battle Dawn for like 4 years now? I think I even saw someone claiming 5 years. And it sounds to me like Subs have been an issue from the very beginning. They aren't going away. And they aren't going to be put on the against the rules list either at this point.

We may have a lot of vehemently angry anti-sub activists on this forum but I feel it's not because it's less a legit strategy and more because it simply endangers most serious active player's own normal style of play... Just like anti-communist capitalist Wall-street Americans when they were confronted with the Soviet Union Industrial machine after WWII, a standard alliance's active crush and dominate tactics, hoarding as many crystals and conquers for personal power shared only within one's alliance, is threatened by the brotherly share the wealth strategy dictated by the average Sub Empire.

You can't tell me every American knows Communism inside out. They've never lived in a Communist society. And the Americans can't exactly try it out for a decade. Government just doesn't move that fast :D

BUT HERE.... we aren't constrained by such. On one server for a month or two we can totally try out the Sub-Style.

And don't tell me it's a bad idea and never works etc. Because multiple persons here have already admitted that a WELL RUN and EFFICIENT Sub Empire is almost impossible to beat. So it has been done before and well... and I'm sure the winners had more than enough fun. And isn't that how it always goes?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:59 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

:cry: spoken like a true battledawner.truly inspirational twighlight im with you all the way! :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:02 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

tell me how replacing the skill vs skill fight with numbers vs numbers is in any way a good thing for the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:06 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

daerduo wrote:
tell me how replacing the skill vs skill fight with numbers vs numbers is in any way a good thing for the game.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. I'm pointing out that it exists and has continued to exist for years despite many attempts to stomp it out. It exists and will almost 100% definitely continue to exist as long as the basic principles of BattleDawn's rules apply.

It exists... not as a better method of play, but as an alternative method of play.

This is a game. I love to explore every facet of the games I play. So I want to give it a go and see if I can make it work.

not good = Dark side. See how this works now? :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:08 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

because skill vs skill hardly exists anyway or its skill vs numbers but ive yet to see numbers vs numbers

and nothing in itself is wrong if it exists its how its used

gah! post interception

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:12 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

*shrug* I disagree with the concept but I won't try to discourage participants in this. but sure, try to get a sub empire up. One last word is that elements and 666 haven't won free eras. But maybe you will. It might be a fun experiment, let's see how it turns out. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:16 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

you haven't made a name for it twighlight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:39 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

This could be fun lol.

I once directed a sub empire (agaisnt my will) I was happly playing against KoTU in F1 and then suddenly the lower half of the continent became my sub (under a series of circumnstances I wont explain). And there was I, leader of the Southern Empire (SE) and then came the north west east empires (NE, EE, WE and NWE). Wasnt much of a success, each sub had like 1-4 active members. Most of them became discouraged for this and eventually became unactive too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next