It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you like this suggestion?
Yes 87%  87%  [ 20 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Tweak (and write what you want tweaked!) 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: BD contest
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:46 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

EDIT: after reading this (or the general point of it at least) please write a comment stating if you would be willing to participate in this event. I will begin to write a list of people willing to become a part of this, this way we have a # count. Thanks!

Also, if you like the idea, please give me some sort of contact info other than the forum (unless your very very active) or in-game ign. I'd like to get an msn or email address from you that you check often. It's the easiest way to quickly and efficiently contact all of your with updated news since i know many people do not check forums too often (and i'm not going into every world to look for you so i can message you).
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So… I have an idea. I’d like to try making a BD contest of a sort. This is to promote more organized wars in the game. The prize will be tokens and, well I’d like to ask the admin’s if there’s any way that players (like myself) could offer up a sort of money pot dedicated to awarding the winners of this contest, tokens. But along with this, is there any way to split the tokens up between an alliance (kinda like what you did for havoc winners).
I am willing to chip in some of my real money for this. Anyone else (this will all be out of the kindness of people’s heart/pockets) wanting to help is very much appreciated. I am willing to offer a 1000 token prize (the $18 US one I believe) for this contest. Unfortunately though, b/c it’s only 1000, I’m going to limit the contest to alliances of 10 members only (100 tokens each). So unless more people are willing to chip in, that’s the best offer I can make atm. If more people help, we can also add other types of rewards in (such as individual rewards like best overall score, as well as 2nd and 3rd place alliance rewards).

If I get enough feedback stating that people like this idea, then I will make a topic dedicated to signing up. Alliance leaders will need to place in this topic, the alliance they are making and a roster of their members who will be playing (remember, unless more people offer more money, the limit is 10 members). After sign-ups are done and the teams are built, the contest will take place in the next world to restart, whatever it may be (I would like to exclude earth from being a choice however, as there are too many advantageous spots and hard to reach places).

The rules and guidelines are this:
- Only a set number of replacements for rosters, in order to prevent people from constantly bringing in new members. I would like to set the limit to around 5 changes available at MAX (before and after contest starts, so choose members wisely!)
- The contest will be based on a point system that I will explain below, NOT in-game points!
- Those not involved in the contest have every right to hit those in contest, as well as contest members can hit people outside of it.
- NO ALLIANCES, NAPS, ETC. CAN BE MADE BETWEEN ALLIANCES PARTICIPATING IN CONTEST! You can ally any alliance outside of the contest, but doing so will only hurt your chances at winning the contest as that ally not only takes away potential points, but also causes you a small deduction in points.
- The contest was made to PROMOTE wars, not peace. Those participating cannot gang up on one alliance without consequences.
- If a contest alliance is totally wiped out (meaning all members are conquered or a majority of their army is destroyed), no contest alliance will gain anymore points from that alliance for 250 ticks (should be more than enough time to rebuild).
- This 250 tick time limit starts once all members have been conquered, or if an admin (of the contest) says that it has started. It will be up to the admin’s discretion where the points will no longer be counted determined by the screenshots given. This is to prevent an alliance from beating a dead horse and basically farming them for points.
- Farming alliances will end in deduction of points from the alliance that is farming and the alliance being farmed will gain the points deducted. Will be at admin’s discretion again.
- The alliance that wins the contest at the end of the round will receive the tokens and only those currently in the alliance when they won will receive the prize.
- Only 10 players unless more tokens are provided. 83.3 tokens is not a viable number to split for 12 member alliances

EVERYTHING PAST THIS IS JUST MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE CONTEST!! IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ UNLESS YOU WISH TO KNOW MORE.

This part down is focused on details about the contest in terms of the point system. All points will only be awarded by way of verification. Screenshot proof is necessary. If this contest occurs, I will dedicate a topic to the total points acquired for each contest alliance, along with individual scores. This will be the place that screenshots will be placed in. This means that after a battle, we must see a screenshot of the battle. This will determine the points to be awarded. You can hide your own units that died, but if you’re fighting another contest member, you minus well not since they need to show a screenshot to gain their awarded points as well.

Points will be awarded by units killed, # of battles/result of battle, colonies conquered, crystals and relics obtained.

Units killed points (UKPs) will only be awarded by verification of a screenshot. It must show the number of units killed on the opposing side. UKPs are only awarded when killing other contest member’s units. You cannot earn points by spamming some random multi-account making 10 armor inf every day. The points will be given as follows:

1 point for killing an armor inf of any sort
2 points for killing an armor vehicle of any sort
3 points for killing an armor tank of any sort

2 pts for damage inf
3 pts for damage veh
4 pts for damage tank

3 pts for ranged inf
4 pts for ranged veh
5 pts for ranged tank

# of battles/result of battle will also award an alliance points for the contest. For this, another contest alliance is NOT necessary. Instead a minimum requirement is needed. For any battle outside of the contest, a requirement of the following must be met.

30 infantry OR
15 vehicles OR
10 tanks
(if you think standards here are set to high or low, tell me, we can discuss what we think is fair). Also, all battle reports are to be determined at contest admins discretion. If he feels it was a set up or false battle done by a multi account, s/he can void the points, or even deduct for it unless proof against an accusation is revealed.
Points will be awarded by the battle, not just the units killed. It is awarded by a win or loss. A win gives 10 points, while a loss gives 3 points. If the battle is with a contest member however, no matter how small the battle, win or lose, points are awarded. Screenshot of the battle report result required for point (the one that stats you won or lost). The reason for placing # of battles in the point system is to compensate for those contest alliances that fought other random alliances off and used up both resources and time to do so. Essentially, the more you battle, the more points you will earn.

Colonies conquered (CCs) will be scored by, obviously, the number of colonies conquered. Each non-contest conquer will award 5 points, while each alliance member conquer will award 30 points each. Re-conquering will not give additional points unless the colony was lost due to being conquered at one point. Screenshot of conquering is required. It can be the colony with your flag underneath if (and we can see the individual who conquered them) or the battle report event.

Crystals will award 1 point each. This contest is not to be determined by crystal count, but by how one battled. This contest was made to promote battles, not crystal gathering from new players. Any screenshot with crystal count will do as verification for this.

Relics will award 30 points. Relics attract attention from other alliances and therefore, cause more battles for the holders. Each relic will award the alliance 30 points to compensate for the trouble of holding it. If you should lose the relic, your points will be deducted by 25 (so just gaining it will give you 5 points, even if you lose it). Abuse of this rule will result in deduction of points. Screenshot to prove alliance had it is necessary.

Miscellaneous information:
- Betrayals will NOT be rewarded!! Any betrayal will cause deduction of points for both the individual and the alliance’s points. If the betrayer leaves to join a non-contest related alliance, then no points will be lost for the betrayal and a 250 tick grace period will be awarded.
- The head contest admin (most likely will be me) will have the power to award and deduct points however s/he see’s fit, determined by the situation at his/her discretion.
- Both alliance scores and individual player scores will be recorded by contest admins. I would highly suggest that individuals record their own scores as well to check with contest admin’s record. This ensures no mistakes.
- Alliance leaders should keep track of their alliance score as well, once again to ensure no mistakes are made. Verification required by screenshot.
- More rules/guidelines and additional ideas may be added before the end of the contest if majority of contest members vote for such to occur and/or contest admins see it as fair.

If you have anything to add to this idea, or anything you think may aid in this suggestion coming true, please reply and state such!

EDIT: Spy attacks and Outposts taken have been removed from the listing as point rewarding

List of people willing to participate:
    1. [Malicewolf]
    2. marlinsrock
    3. [Routhy]
    4. [simmen]
    5. demonslayer
    6. Ordos
    7. [Conjurer of Chaos]

Last edited by malicewolf on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: BD contest
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:53 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This is cool, I say yes!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:50 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I'd tweak it, if I read correctly, your saying the contest could be used to bet real money, correct me if I'm wrong but betting real money online is illegal I think. Other than that I like the idea!

--DemonSlayerThe3rd :idea:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

He's putting tokens up for offer, I don't see anythnig wrong with that.

(and this isn't betting, it's a contest)

I'll chip in 1k tokens if this gets going, but I'd advise no points for spies/outposts taken, because otherwise you're going to be literally flooded with calculations and points to add/deduct. I'd say keep it simple. Conquers, crystals, relics and units killed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:20 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Thanks routh, and yea, that's right. It's not betting on anything, it's an award for the winner. And thank you for the donation offer if it gets going!

And i know the calculations are gonna be a bit devious, but i'm willing to work with it and if i get some help, all the easier. As much as keeping it simple would be nice, i think ops and spies should be awarded, especially since a lot of effort goes into using them. And i think i forgot to add that spy attack points are only awarded when used against alliance contest members.

For now, i'd say keep it a little bit more on the complex side, and we can alter if there's an abundance of people (to the point where calculations are going to get way to high)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:00 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Well I'm just thinking that if you're gonna kill an alliance then conquering, crystal and relic taking and unit killing is pretty much par for the course and a requirement. But attacking empty outposts and launching spy attacks from halfway across the world doesn't necessarily constitute a war at all.

If a spy is used effectively in a war, then the unit losses on each side will reflect that, so it's already shown in the unit killed score, and doesn't necessarily need a separate set of scoring to itself.

Similar case with outposts - disrupting your enemies outposts is going to cut down on their radar info, communication ability, and generally tip the war further in your favour. Which would be well illustrated by the actual outcome of the war itself, and wouldn't necessarily need a separate scoring system.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:57 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

true, good point. I'm pretty much just trying to give points at every opportunity so people can increase their points, but i'll edit the list tommorrow and take out the ops and spy attacks from the list. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:37 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

problem is trust, i gues some will make multis to kill their units, i would like the killing units points to be restricted to people within the alliance so we can vertify if it's really happend, and it weren't just made up, what do you think?
and i'll try to get some money from my parents to put in here, but one thing, how will resources be given to the winners?

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:49 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

simmen wrote:
problem is trust, i gues some will make multis to kill their units, i would like the killing units points to be restricted to people within the alliance so we can vertify if it's really happend, and it weren't just made up, what do you think?
and i'll try to get some money from my parents to put in here, but one thing, how will resources be given to the winners?

killing units are only awarded points for killing other contest members units. And its very trustworthy because both the winner and the loser will have to post the screenshot of the battle in order to get points for it. Remember, the battle itself will give them points, win or lose, and the units killed, even if you lost, give you points too. So luckily, multi's won't be too much of a problem (i hope) with the precautions i set up. And as stated before, everything that is reviewed will be at the discretion of the contest admin (probably me) and if anything that looks suspicious pops up, then it can be disputed as to what course of action will be taken (i.e.- no points given, points deducted, etc).

And that's awesome that you might be willing to put in some money! Thank you even if your not able to. The support alone is helpful.

And I'm hoping that Andrew or one of the admins read this. Probably not until a bit more voting/interest in the suggestion comes along will they put in any word. But i can't imagine it being horrendously difficult to give some tokens to the winner, especially if it has been paid for already (meaning my 1000 will be split, and the winners alliance members will each get 100 tokens in the next round as a prize). Considering that people can get this sort of thing for winning havocs, or even the 100 token bonus for some things like ending protection early, etc, i would think it's possible to split my payment. Either way, they still get the money. If there happens to be an excess that cannot be split evenly, then i'd gladly give it up to support BD.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:56 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I know andrew have skimmed trough it, but he will probly wait a bit for player feedback and it to be more done and for him to have time to read all of it.

and sorry, i thought i saw that u get points from others also :mrgreen:
i probly won't lead ( i suck at leading) but gone try to get a alliance for this! :D
just hope this won't fail as the "massive contest" on e4 are looking to do :P

but thats probly because they don't got me ;)

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next