It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cant load bd when loading too slow :(
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class
 YIM  Profile

Dont know if anyone have experience this like me.

sometimes my internet connection is so good that i can login bd below 1 minutes, but when my internet connection is drop to below 10KBps, it takes too long to load, yet it always show that the servers is busy and i need to close and open it again. sometimes i dont care about it too much, but when the war is on the table, that was sucks :(.

is there any time limit to open the battledawn? the counter start after i select the server, and the the loading bar appears. if i do get lucky and get sneak in, i have no trouble to playing it, until i need to refresh again :(. if there is time limit to download the game status, please make it longer this time :(, i cant keep up if this things keep up, and please let me have the answer before the earth1 restarted ;).

ps. i never have this trouble in the old client :)

E1A4:TK2
E1A5:RI>ARMT>HARM
E1A6:ARMT>HD (on 1st :))
E1A7:VaM>ESAT
-NEW CLIENT-
E1A1:F69..not finished
E1A3:ARM

Post subject: Re: Cant load bd when loading too slow :(
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:17 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

the 'server is busy' message occurs when there is a jump or disconnection between your client and the server. Normally this happens when your internet connection is too slow to send the ammount of data needed to do an action (such as loading a new section of the map, or starting up the client/world)... the only thing i can say is to make sure you have a decent connection speed before doing anything vital.

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:17 pm 
Captain
Captain

If your internet is fluctuating that much I'm not sure there's anything we can do really to fix it. If it is a packet loss issue that may be causing this, latency alone shouldn't cause this kind of a server busy message.

The game should be workable on even dial-up though it will be slow, if your internet is slow AND intermittent then I don't think there's anything we can do to fix it really :(.

I did have an idea of adding in a low-bandwidth option and will check with the programmers to see if this is a possibility in the near future. There's a few hundred things on the to-do list right now... :mrgreen:.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:56 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class
 YIM  Profile

Andrew wrote:
If your internet is fluctuating that much I'm not sure there's anything we can do really to fix it. If it is a packet loss issue that may be causing this, latency alone shouldn't cause this kind of a server busy message.

The game should be workable on even dial-up though it will be slow, if your internet is slow AND intermittent then I don't think there's anything we can do to fix it really :(.

I did have an idea of adding in a low-bandwidth option and will check with the programmers to see if this is a possibility in the near future. There's a few hundred things on the to-do list right now... :mrgreen:.

-Andrew

thanks andrew :)
not everyplace is covered by good internet connection, since i'm using wireless internet everywhere.
looking forward to hear about that feature soon :)

-NEW CLIENT-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:01 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class
 YIM  Profile

empirebattles.com wrote:
the 'server is busy' message occurs when there is a jump or disconnection between your client and the server. Normally this happens when your internet connection is too slow to send the ammount of data needed to do an action (such as loading a new section of the map, or starting up the client/world)... the only thing i can say is to make sure you have a decent connection speed before doing anything vital.

i never have trouble when i have get in, the problem always occur during the first load after i click the server. what do u mean a 'disconnection' ? my ip was never changed during that attempt, so it shouldn't be a disconnected, a bad latency perhaps :(

-NEW CLIENT-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:50 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

yeah... i just knew sorta what you meant :P
I'm often usin the free wifi on campus, and it gives a constant enough connection to browse webpages... but its really intermittent, disconnecting/reconnecting every minute or so. So many times, when i'm playing BD, i get 'the server is busy', due to the small d/c.
If i d/c during loading, in my experiences, the loader stops, which could be where you are encountering your problem..

But thats just from my experience :)

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]