It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Incoming Scan Glitch; This Game is Still Broken
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:30 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Well, I haven't played this game in years, and the same bug has appeared as did years ago. I'm playing on Earth 5, and the incoming scan says there are no incoming units. Yet, there is one ship 2 eta, and another group of ships 5 eta away from the location which I scanned. That's 10 energy wasted. I'm afraid to even scan anymore. I'm not even going to bother training the range 3 units which I am just now able to train. I'll probably just stop playing this game completely. I'm not sure if there's even a point in opening this ticket, given that this problem occurred several times 2-3 years ago, and nothing has been done to fix it. I had started several threads on this forum 2-3 years ago on this very same issue. Not only that, but I talked to admins in game. Yet, in all this time the problem persists. This glitch made the game virtually unplayable back then... and I don't see it getting better. Perhaps I'll return in another year, or two, and see if this problem is fixed.

Post subject: Re: Incoming Scan Glitch; This Game is Still Broken
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:02 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

I've never heard of any issues with the incoming scan ability. You are aware, it only scans troops that are HOSTILE to the OP / colony that they're moving to? Re enforcing squads (no matter their alignment to you) do not show in incoming scans.

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:13 am 
Major
Major

I must say I have never once encountered this issue and I do thousands of scans.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:57 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

A reason for this could be perhaps before you scanned the op the squads turned therefore they wouldn't be picked up on the scan and you still saw the squads as incoming as you haven't refreshed your client to see the turned squads.

Is this possible?

If not if you see this event happening again could you please provide us a screenshot showing the scan result, outpost and incoming squad so that we can get to the bottom of it and if there is a bug find out how to fix it.

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:00 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Ferr3t wrote:
I've never heard of any issues with the incoming scan ability. You are aware, it only scans troops that are HOSTILE to the OP / colony that they're moving to? Re enforcing squads (no matter their alignment to you) do not show in incoming scans.

This was Earth solo, so that's not possible.

ads126 wrote:
A reason for this could be perhaps before you scanned the op the squads turned therefore they wouldn't be picked up on the scan and you still saw the squads as incoming as you haven't refreshed your client to see the turned squads.

Is this possible?

If not if you see this event happening again could you please provide us a screenshot showing the scan result, outpost and incoming squad so that we can get to the bottom of it and if there is a bug find out how to fix it.

I refreshed several times. I tracked the fleet as they moved each tick. I also saw them land.

As for screenshots, this forum doesn't have a convenient way to post them. I'm surprised no one remembers all the the threads (with screenshots) I posted on this issue, and other glitches 2-3 years ago. This glitch must have happened at least a dozen times back then. It even happened multiple times in a row on the same fleet.

Although I'll post screenshots again if someone can link me to some intermediary site that's required to post pictures on this site.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:39 pm 
Major
Major

It is quite simple to post screenshots on the forum simply use a image hosting site, which exist in abundance, imgur for example.

As for this issue you are having I noticed you said you tracked the squads until they landed, does that mean you were watching someone else moving squads to an outpost they owned? Incoming scan does not pick up squads moving to friendly targets, an op owned by the player or his alliance. As I said before I have never once encountered an issue with the incoming scan in my years playing so the more details you can provide us the better.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:37 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Korupt wrote:
It is quite simple to post screenshots on the forum simply use a image hosting site, which exist in abundance, imgur for example.

I find it cumbersome that a thirty party is needed to use a basic forum function. I never use imgur, or any site like it.

Korupt wrote:
As for this issue you are having I noticed you said you tracked the squads until they landed, does that mean you were watching someone else moving squads to an outpost they owned? Incoming scan does not pick up squads moving to friendly targets, an op owned by the player or his alliance. As I said before I have never once encountered an issue with the incoming scan in my years playing so the more details you can provide us the better.

I see what you mean now. It was to her own base. I don't know if someone would refer to themself as as friendly target, but that would explain it in any case.

Still, this brought back memories of when the glitch did occur. A mod even gave my energy back one time, so I guess it really was a glitch at least once. I'm pretty sure the majority of times this happened, it wasn't a friendly target, and it was legitimately a glitch.

Still, another time I posted screen caps of these black blotches that kept covering the screen; following the cursor. At least that hasn't happened this time around.

In any case, sorry to bother you guys. You guys can close this thread now, since the issue is resolved.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:37 pm 
Major
Major

Feel free to message myself, admins, other mods or post any other issues you may run into. Thread locked upon request.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]