It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concerned about BD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:33 am 
Captain
Captain

NaveedNiazi wrote:
1> about topic of the thread

I can not blame admins... they are nice, polite and hard working...

Spoiler:
    Only Joe sleeps alot :lol: :lol:

2> about game, this game isn't going to die. but its truth it is losing population... and yes we need some BIIIIIIIGGGGGGG change... which may have same basics as we have now, but with change in Graphics i.e as we seen last Christmiss...

dont worry abt joe , let CE get over then joe is gonna fall in deep trouble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:45 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Ilona wrote:
well, nothing against being nostalgic but thats not the real reason.
6 or 7 years ago, the situation was very different. There were only some free to play games around, flash was still new and exciting, and gaming on mobile devices wasn't even possible. At that time, Bd didn't had to spend a single buck on marketing campaigns - the players just came and played.

Nowadays, around 80% of all ppl who play games, play them on mobile devices and tablets. So there are only 20% left and a lot games compete for them.

However, even when BD becomes more and more a niche game, we are not giving up on this and there is still progress and ideas for the future 8-)

I came to BD from a banner ad that I found after playing some other (bad) flash game (ikariam maybe). That was in 07 :lol:

BD just doesn't retain players like it used to, and I insist that that is because of blue tokens. It's just to hard to get started, the only way to really do it is to place on a world and sit and build then join a sub, then try to meet people in the main on skype. Then get them to give you a shot. That's too much work for a flash game.

In the old days you could just place a colony join an alliance and play. Would you win? probably not. But it was because the top alliances simply had more skill and better teams, not because they had access to some resource that would take months of grinding and people skills for you to get.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:52 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

BD is on a slow downward slope in my honest opinion. As hitmo stated, I think it needs a decent change to get things back up and running. I've seen very little lately, and get no information other than the vague responses of "something cool is coming" every few months and then nothing that really grabs my attention actually does. Now, don't get me wrong, I love this game. Obviously considering my 7+ years here. But I've noticed lots of business errors in my own opinion that I think hurts BD a lot. Simply put, I wish this wasn't the case, but it is. I don't know exactly what the background constraints are with the developers and such either. BD could very well simply be a very small side job to them, hence our few updates. They could be focusing all their efforts on the "next big thing" as well. I've heard talk of a BD2 for god knows how long now as well.

But my biggest beef with BD right now is simply that, every new update that's been made has slowly turned this game from a strategic game, to a simple to play game. I understand the need for simple. It makes newcomers more likely to stay. But the issue is, it also makes the learning curve quick and thus, people get bored quickly.

I prefer hard, thought intriguing and challenging items over easy. That is me personally though. Many prefer simple. But if you go the simple route, you need to make the learning curve high so that boredom doesn't kick in too quickly. Luckily, the fact that this game is so heavily dependent on social interaction and diplomatic prowess is the biggest reason it's retained what it has.

But I prefer chess over checkers, which I feel BD is slowly heading towards the checkers way of gameplay unfortunately. Now a days, it's 24/7 activity is a must and whomever has the bigger army will most likely win. Yes, a few good tactics will turn the tides, but boosting has become a near essential for this game (which for new players, is a huge turnoff), and if you do have the high activity, then it's pretty simple to thwart most tactics nowadays. It's usually simply the fact that people are impatient that gets them killed. Not lack of strategy.

I hope BD does something drastic at some point. But I almost feel as if Michael is simply dragging BD out as long as he can until it dies instead of looking to keep it afloat and better than before.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:25 pm 
Captain
Captain

Ilona this is not the first time malice is making such a post , i can show u more then 10 posts of his in similar category
i just know that malice is graduate and 25+ yrs of age , i dont know in what sub he persuaded his studies in business line or medical idk but what i have seen in his post is strac reality . he always gives some small things which u guys can see and correct , ik he is a player and not a dev so u wont listen to him much. but skills of business management has really impressed me , just not by this post but by the other 10.
Its high time ilona , bd is slowly getting on the verge of extinction I'm sorry to say this but this is what i see but i dont want that to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:19 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hitmo wrote:
Ilona this is not the first time malice is making such a post , i can show u more then 10 posts of his in similar category
i just know that malice is graduate and 25+ yrs of age , i dont know in what sub he persuaded his studies in business line or medical idk but what i have seen in his post is strac reality . he always gives some small things which u guys can see and correct , ik he is a player and not a dev so u wont listen to him much. but skills of business management has really impressed me , just not by this post but by the other 10.
Its high time ilona , bd is slowly getting on the verge of extinction I'm sorry to say this but this is what i see but i dont want that to happen.

24 xD I'm not 25+ :P

And no business or medical degree, just know how basic business works is all. I've worked in small business's as well as large, so I have a good idea on how both are run and the many background aspects associated with them that most people really don't think about when they start opening their mouths screaming for change. Hence why I always try to think of the details before doing so myself. Don't just bring up an issue, come with a solution and see what expands from it.

Also, I will point out, you do seem to specifically point out Ilona here. While she is an admin with some degree of change capacity, she by no means is a developer or so influential as to be able to make any of my suggestions take place. The admins are indeed a middleman between the devs and the players, but ultimately, it comes down to Michael to decide what changes will occur. I simply make suggestions in hopes of getting enough back up to actually get a hold of Michael's attention. Unfortunately, it seems the forums are simply too dead now-a-days to really reach his ear. Even some of the best of ideas that have come up (not just mine, but anyone's) barely reach over 30 votes.

So by no means does pointing the finger at Ilona do anything. I will still back up BD, but nor will I turn a blind eye to the facts that I am seeing. When I first came back about a year ago, the servers were around 1000-1500 players per world avg. Now, it's about 800-1000. Even assuming we do a slow downward curve here as we start to get to the final, true BD fanatics left, I'd expect around 500-800 players per server in the upcoming year to be the norm.

So all I will say is, I do hope changes are truly happening in the background and that something great comes along in the near future to bring BD back into the light. Personally, I think a large change is needed. But sometimes that's not the answer and better solutions can be found. New is always scary. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails beyond repair.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:14 am 
Captain
Captain

well malice , u know it well along with being an admin she is also the community manager thats what it makes her different and superior from tom seth & simen .

well ilona as i said in every post of malice there are small things , if u couldn't get in this one I'll do it ,
the small thing i could get out this is - Michael should be more active on forums and there should be a way by which players can directly communicate with devs and Michael . and if michael doesnt wants to shut down bd he should leave the ego that how can managing director of tacticsoft can talk to any random Person. ( i mean if he has such ego)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:32 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hitmo wrote:
well malice , u know it well along with being an admin she is also the community manager thats what it makes her different and superior from tom seth & simen .

well ilona as i said in every post of malice there are small things , if u couldn't get in this one I'll do it ,
the small thing i could get out this is - Michael should be more active on forums and there should be a way by which players can directly communicate with devs and Michael . and if michael doesnt wants to shut down bd he should leave the ego that how can managing director of tacticsoft can talk to any random Person. ( i mean if he has such ego)

I disagree with this actually. I don't think the dev team or Michael should have to be actively on the forums (though, that would be nice) but that could be pretty bad as well. They would all get bombarded with msg's. 90% of which will be crap. And then they'd most likely miss on seeing the actual important or good msgs. This is why Ilona and the forum admins are here. To be that leeway between. I'd much rather Michael and the devs focus their time on improving things. I just hope they are actually doing that.

malicewolf wrote:
The admins are indeed a middleman between the devs and the players, but ultimately, it comes down to Michael to decide what changes will occur. I simply make suggestions in hopes of getting enough back up to actually get a hold of Michael's attention. Unfortunately, it seems the forums are simply too dead now-a-days to really reach his ear. Even some of the best of ideas that have come up (not just mine, but anyone's) barely reach over 30 votes.

The above was not to say I think Michael should himself be looking at the info and talking with us. I more so meant, that in the end, Michael will be the final say when things DO get bubbled up to him. Is it cost worthy? Does the end justify the means? Is there a sure fire profit from the change, and what is the time schedule for this profit? Is there enough of a budget to afford the loss until profit comes into play?

Those are the type of questions Michael will be looking at. As well as, will the players like this idea. But of course, if they don't, then there wouldn't be any profit there anyways (and then, an obvious no to the change).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:25 am 
Private
Private

WHO WON EARTH 3 ? ROFL again. Even though ilona and others say spreading out ROFl would help them loose, all it did was SPLIT up their opposition. every-time ilona KNOWS a network is coming to e3 to challenge ROFL she changes the alliance size to break up ROFL enemies not to break up ROFL. That original post WAS RIGHT. this game is a SCAM now, nothing more. If you show proof you caught ROFl cheating or when they admit it on skype, ilona says "too bad, thats just the way it is". two years ago if you caught somebody cheating the admins would at least attempt to give you recosucrse back, now its jut "leave and too bad". Joe is just as bad.....he lets these big networks troll and bully players....IF the player talks back, that player gets banned and does not ban the networks that bully people everyday on BC. He can see the constant messages and BC but he ONLY BANS THOSE WHO RETALIATE ON THE BIG NETWORKS. it was sadi two years ago that BD staff was trying to ruin BD on porpose....its two years later and the game is just that...ruined. Thank you admin iloan and joe for ruingn the game and making supporters not EVER COME BACK. WORST ONLINE BUSINESS EVER unless it is a SCAM. BD stafff only excsue for the BD has turned out is they are just a scam operation now. iona says its because a million apps are out there now and peopel want to play those instead. THAT is a cheap excuse for BAD BUSINESS. had they not giein in to cheating with the big networks, then paying players WOULD NOT HAVE LEFT. Everybody now knows this game is for hackers, cheaters and the admins dont DO ANYTHING to help out. That is why BD is dead for good now, no other reason and ilona is either lieing and it is s a scam now or she really has NO CLUE how to RUN a business nor does rosin for letting these people be n charge. ilona banned the player trying to just ask question and warn everybody...which is not something a LEGIT business would do. when i started playing the game was 3000 players.....now its barely 300 active and they are all the same farmers and friends that NEVER fight each other. THIS GAME IS DONE and fans/supporters that have been cheated out of money are already making a better version of it which will be out in 2 years for beta in america. Good bye battle dawn, worst management EVER and soon you will a competitor that you obviously have no clue on how to compete with.

Last edited by investigate on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:34 am 
Private
Private

zuummm wrote:
Just as I thought.... a load of BS...

In my opinion, being a 3 player era it actually brings some excitement to the game... ;)

yeah,who won zummm, ROFl right, thats what i thought. Not so much BS now is it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:06 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

malicewolf wrote:
BD is on a slow downward slope in my honest opinion. As hitmo stated, I think it needs a decent change to get things back up and running. I've seen very little lately, and get no information other than the vague responses of "something cool is coming" every few months and then nothing that really grabs my attention actually does. Now, don't get me wrong, I love this game. Obviously considering my 7+ years here. But I've noticed lots of business errors in my own opinion that I think hurts BD a lot. Simply put, I wish this wasn't the case, but it is. I don't know exactly what the background constraints are with the developers and such either. BD could very well simply be a very small side job to them, hence our few updates. They could be focusing all their efforts on the "next big thing" as well. I've heard talk of a BD2 for god knows how long now as well.

But my biggest beef with BD right now is simply that, every new update that's been made has slowly turned this game from a strategic game, to a simple to play game. I understand the need for simple. It makes newcomers more likely to stay. But the issue is, it also makes the learning curve quick and thus, people get bored quickly.

I prefer hard, thought intriguing and challenging items over easy. That is me personally though. Many prefer simple. But if you go the simple route, you need to make the learning curve high so that boredom doesn't kick in too quickly. Luckily, the fact that this game is so heavily dependent on social interaction and diplomatic prowess is the biggest reason it's retained what it has.

But I prefer chess over checkers, which I feel BD is slowly heading towards the checkers way of gameplay unfortunately. Now a days, it's 24/7 activity is a must and whomever has the bigger army will most likely win. Yes, a few good tactics will turn the tides, but boosting has become a near essential for this game (which for new players, is a huge turnoff), and if you do have the high activity, then it's pretty simple to thwart most tactics nowadays. It's usually simply the fact that people are impatient that gets them killed. Not lack of strategy.

I hope BD does something drastic at some point. But I almost feel as if Michael is simply dragging BD out as long as he can until it dies instead of looking to keep it afloat and better than before.

+1 For Malice again. Just going to post my thoughts which I posted on another topic but I feel that it is relevant here.

I think that the lack of players is due to a few different factors.

Firstly, Large "families" just planting era after era and just taking out anyone else with eeze. This puts new players off the game and also makes the era quite boring, making people not want to join back when the era restarts due to the fact that they know that the "family" will just be back again.

A reason why BD is not getting an influx of new players is because of the fact that BD doesn't really have a wide advertising campaign. BD is not really able to get its name out there and get more well known. As less and less players play the game, the less and less well known the game becomes. I think more of an involvement with social media and perhaps prizes for making BD more well known (For instance on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc) will encourage more players to come. The size of the prize depends on the task carried out.

Another reason why new players may leave after a short period of time after trying the game out is the fact that they get conquered. BD needs to make it easier in some way for newer players to do well and understand the game. If more new players end up staying and understand the game and get better at it, they will spread the word around and also keep coming back.

Lastly, the forums should be used in a better way to encourage more people to stay. If new players come to the forum, they might enjoy the community and get to know players better and hence want to stay. Some kind of award could possible be used to get new players and also older players to continue to visit the forum site and continue to contribute and help develop battle dawn as a community. These awards could be based on the amount of time spent actively viewing and posting. However this would require more moderation attention to avoid spammers coming and abusing this idea. I mean what happened to all the forum games- the whole Spam section and all that kind of stuff. That is the kind of thing that new players could come to and participate in. One thing that may be needed to attract more people to the forum is a visual upgrade- something I know that has been suggested before.

This amount of "activity" that is required now days is crazy compared to what I heard it was like back in the old client. I think if BD has less of a focus on activity and makes the strategy element more "prominent" I feel that the game may rise in traffic again. As for pay to win, pay to win should not be essential but should be similar to what it is now I feel like how it is now is fair. Even if you don't boost you can still do well.

Just some of my thoughts.

~Nick

BRU, iS, TicK, COOL, Pain, FM, OL, WFA, Porn, WaL, TPL, DM5

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next