It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Data and Bandwidth Usage?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:05 pm 
Private
Private

I really like coming here, but keep forgetting, and now that I have internet at home (limited data), I would like to know the average hourly data usage of Battledawn, because if it is low enough, I can play almost daily. Also, any info on what things I can avoid to decrease data usage, (like the minigames), and any other data-related info would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Data and Bandwidth Usage?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:17 pm 
Major
Major

Considering you should refresh pretty often I would imagine it may use up data pretty quickly. As for a specific number I have no idea. On another note however I will say that playing almost daily will not be enough to be in a winning alliance, not trying to discourage you but being honest here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:22 pm 
Private
Private

Korupt wrote:
Considering you should refresh pretty often I would imagine it may use up data pretty quickly. As for a specific number I have no idea. On another note however I will say that playing almost daily will not be enough to be in a winning alliance, not trying to discourage you but being honest here.

Not a problem, I was suspecting it would be too data-heavy, and I've never been good at this game anyway, so no problem, question answered.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:26 pm 
Major
Major

DarkWolfGames555 wrote:
Korupt wrote:

Not a problem, I was suspecting it would be too data-heavy, and I've never been good at this game anyway, so no problem, question answered.

It's hard to say if it would be data heavy. Also that would dependent on your limit, it's all relative. :lol: I know I used to play on my phone quite a bit as well as other games and I never went over 1gb a month. Remember that is downloading and doing many other things not just bd. Also when I played I was insanely active, so that will affect how much data you use as well. Best advice I could give you is to try it and see the result because only you could know what works for you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:59 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

as KD said it depends on how frequent u refresh ur client, open ur inbox, check ur events, sending squads and nukes, etc etc and how filled the map is.

like if there are 1000 colonies, 5000 OPs and 10000 squads flying, obviously it would be heavier than when the era just started with 500 colonies, 400 OPs and 300 squads flying around.

my suggestion is to try and see an average, and then try to moderate ur games and other stuffs that use the internet. If there is a way to see how much data u've used, it would be a good idea to check it every day.

another one is to limit ur actions and client refresh, refresh at eot only for example. This is not very good gameplay-wise but I guess it would be better than going all out then ran out of limit and unable to log in when u're really needed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]