It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Request reason for ban
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:06 pm 
Private
Private

I got a message I was banned and was told to come to the forum to ask why. I am not sure why I was banned the message was "multi galaxy 2". I have been playing since Wednesday Oct 10th, this weekend I got my brother and my father to play, so we all have the same last name and they came in the same galaxy as me. They also were banned, we can think of no reason why all of us were banned and only because we have the same last name is the only reason we can think of.
How can we get the ban removed please? I have also sent an email on this too.

Post subject: Re: Request reason for ban
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:15 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

this isnt the place to appeal to bans but to answer your question its because you were all playing under the same IP address, that is considered being a multi and is against the rules, but you can message your admin about it beforehand and even then you need some hard proof that your more then 1 person and theres some rules to it too

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:32 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Yeah just talk to the admin and prove that you were playing with your father and brother then the admin might consider unbanning you.

Completely retired now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:15 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hey, you can PM Admin Joe here. If you have already messaged him please be patient. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:50 am 
Private
Private

Thank you for all the feedback. We were not aware of the single IP restriction, and myself and my other son only joined as his request to play with him. I understand the reasoning in the big picture but it seems restrictive in this day and age of families playing together since logically they would of course only have one IP. Likewise I could have been playing from work with him and then come home and get banned since we would then have the same IP.
But in any case I have sent a pm and hope that at least my son can play again even is I and my other son cannot.
Also in the pm/email that we all received it did say to come to the forum and ask, that is why I had him do so. Ah looking at it now it now exactly clear so I can see how I did not understand and had him come here to post "If you have questions regarding your ban, please log into the forum and contact an admin", log on to the forum is the part that led us here.
Anyway, thank you again for your feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:01 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

we are not restricting ppl in one family playing together, wat we don't want is one person using two accounts to help him which would be unfair for those who play normally.

as stated above, if u are from the same family, or by somehow u will (or even suspect that) use the same IP address of another player (in the public internet, library, internet cafe, or maybe go to a friend's house who happens to play BD also), just PM the admin in-game beforehand. He/she may ask for proofs that you are not the same person, and might have some terms that you will have to agree upon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]