It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help with Ticks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:58 pm 
Private
Private

hi all i new to this type of game {ticks] so i just have a cpl querries firstly 4 ticks is a fast round right ,1 tick is a slow round now on the home page where you look at what rounds are going on and which ones have just started but i couldnt see how many ticks are in a round ? and roughly how long is a round in days if it was a 1 tick round and there was 2500 ticks to the round? is there a formula that they work on with 1 ticks being so long and 2 ticks that long ect ect ,does any one understand what im saying LOL its getting more confusing the more i go so im going to stop hope some one can work it out :)

Post subject: Re: Help with Ticks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:19 pm 
Captain
Captain

well, you basically said it before, 1 is slow, 4 is fast, in between... u know the rest ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:24 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Tick is a game time unit. I think u can call it turn. There are several things that use ticks such as troops moving / recruiting, control ticks and spy infiltration ticks, as well as other things that I fail to remember right now.

With that said, each server has their own tick speed. When u log in Battle Dawn and at the World Selection Screen. You will see something like this:

Server Name | Tick Speed | Current Tick | Number of Players | Last Login | Ur Colony Name

The tick speed is wat you are looking for. It's the number of tick in each hour. So if u see 1 tick / hour, the tick is 60 minutes long; 2 tick / hour is 30 mins each tick.

And about the number of ticks each round, it's up to the admin to decide how long the era should be (although most will go with the default: 2999 ticks). However, the maximum number of ticks should be announced in the new era announcement and will not be changed unless in special occasions.

But, wat I mentioned above is the maximum number of ticks, the round will end as soon as any alliance manage to gather all 10 relics and keep them for 100 ticks. So how long the era is something that can't be estimated. But average is around 1500~2000 ticks. Though there will be some longer eras, and some shorter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:58 am 
Private
Private

thkz aister i understand heap better now :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]