It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Red Tokens, Very Disappointed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:45 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 WWW  YIM  Profile

OK a couple of severe design / playability flaws I have run into while Boosting and trying to play BattleDawn. I decided to spend $45 and get 3,000 Red Tokens. I thought that with this 3,000 tokens within a week I could double my Army size and Rankings due to tick cooldowns and the rates at which I thought for sure were set in stone. Boy was I wrong in my thinking. Number 1 issue, Now units are costing me almost double of what they were costing me. Why in the world would a Basic Infantry armor cost me 200 Metal each when it was 100 each or when another person is buying the same unit at half the cost? A unit or troop costs what it costs and should not be determined on my army size, ever. I have 25 Squads and in reality that is not a large army by any means. This is greatly hindering gameplay as well as enticing people to cheat and do OP farming and multiple accounts. So let’s say I send a force of 30 Infantry to a new unprotected user, they have 30 Infantry or more that cost them half the price it cost me and can possibly win with just a few more troops than me. Let’s say I just spent $7 to get 400 Tokens with that 400 tokens I see now I have to pay double the tokens I just paid last week for the amount of Metal needed to just build 20 Basic Infantry. Ohhh Wait I am sorry you must pay double the tokens and get less metal / Oil than you did a week before, due to Avg Game Metal availability. You are penalizing paying users on your system, more or less giving them a bunch of tokens but once they start growing, just a little, the tokens are useless unless you want to spend them all on just 12,000 metal for just 1 incomplete Infantry squad. In all other online games a paying user gets advantages not robbed and penalized for doing well or advancing. It appears you have designed the game to prevent large armies and to also prevent how far a large army can go. You have max 5 Energy a tick that can be gained, yet energy is needed to move through gateways or large distances, to do spy actions, to do nukes and to do ION. Energy is used much more than Oil yet is very rare to get your hands on it or costs you dearly to get your hands on it. If you want to be fair to non-paying users then make a world in which there are no red token boosts available. Then it’s 100% Free and no advantages except game play and skill. Let those who have money be able to buy larger armies and get resources to prosper and grow, this in return makes BD more money. As it stands now I will not be spending another $45 to grow and advance because it’s just giving my money away for no true or real advantage unless you, for some reason, think that 2 Squads or a few Tanks is worth $45 in BD, nothing is gained or truly won with just 2-4 squads in BD

Post subject: Re: Red Tokens, Very Disappointed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:49 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

the reason that they cost double is a thing called overhead it is to stop players having unbeatable armies as players could have 1000s of units easier but overhead is to restrict that you may seem disapointed but tokens I do believe have strengthed your army a lot also try using tokens to build other things like structures. Also boost workers so you can keep your production high.

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:59 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hey, I'm sorry if you felt that you didn't get enough for your tokens, but to say that overhead only affects those who use tokens is completely wrong. Its a natural balancing feature to make sure people doesn't grow unstoppable, but that goes both for non boosters and boosters and is in place because if not it would ruin the gameplay by some players being overpowered. And its not like tokens should buy you a win. Tokens merely gives you an extra push towards it by giving you more resources, workers, energy and so on.

As for low energy; convert. Its what those structures are for, those who move a lot got the level 5 converter and converts oil to energy when needed. If you had unlimited energy there would be no strategy in where to defend and where to attack, and much less tactics in deciding when its worth doing spy operations or sending nukes.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:00 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I'm sorry but u can't win and will not do well with red alone.

the overhead as well as the average resource reserves affect everyone, red token users or blue token users, the same. U have 12% more overhead for each 100 soldiers u have. And it's the same for everyone, even if u used 1000$ on the game.

Know how to use ur resource and ur tokens, is wat matter the most. Not that u have money, u pay for the game, and the game have to let u win.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:04 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Think like this. 3,000 tokens can buy like 20 large worker boosts, each worth 4 power (100 workers, 1 power every 25 workers). Multiply 20 times 4 and that's 80 power for the tokens you bought. So the tokens certainly help, you just have to know how to use them. Don't waste them on golden colonies and nice avatar frames, and buy smaller boosts with blue tokens. Oh, and workers come first. If you don't need workers, resources. If you don't need resources, energy. A large energy boost is 90 tokens, and you get 100 energy. Great deal.

Kind of rambled on there. My point is, red tokens aren't a waste.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:36 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Well, I don't boost. 8-)

-TiGeR

Worlds I play currently:
-E3

Names:
-TiGeR(E3/era 19)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]