It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: This is a major issue in my eyes. Please read and address.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:26 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 56
10 people all in one family , ALL playing Battle dawn = the biggest load of BS iv ever heard

_________________
Image

Image



Mandingo


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: This is a major issue in my eyes. Please read and address.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:29 pm
Posts: 208
Gender: male
METALLICA3077 wrote:
10 people all in one family , ALL playing Battle dawn = the biggest load of BS iv ever heard



Just want to ask you guys a simple question. Are families not allowed to play. My uncle had 11 kids living in his home. He also when i was little housed other family as they needed help. He was a good person and loved computers very much. He would even throw lan parties and we would eat Mc donalds Cheeseburgers and play Duke nukem till 3 in the morning. My point is, there are big families out there and they invite friends as well to play. If they share 1 or 2 pcs it takes time to switch each player on that computer but we have standards the family must live by.

You can play on the same world as each other so long as you follow these extra guidelines:

1) Do not log into each others accounts at <b>any</b> time. You cannot share accounts anyways but this is common amongst family/friends and will result in a ban on all accounts involved.

2) Do not conquer each other at any time.

3) Do not use any account to simply feed resources or help another player while doing nothing else in the world. Trading necessary resources in a pinch is fine but if one account is just being used for resources only for the other that is crossing the line.

BA has stuck to the guidelines i cannot punish them for that. I am sorry.

_________________
----------------------------------------------------------
Admin joe - Earth 2, Earth 5 solo, Mars 3, Fantasy 2, Fantasy 3, Galaxy 2


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: This is a major issue in my eyes. Please read and address.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:09 am 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 56
Admin Joe wrote:
METALLICA3077 wrote:
10 people all in one family , ALL playing Battle dawn = the biggest load of BS iv ever heard



Just want to ask you guys a simple question. Are families not allowed to play. My uncle had 11 kids living in his home. He also when i was little housed other family as they needed help. He was a good person and loved computers very much. He would even throw lan parties and we would eat Mc donalds Cheeseburgers and play Duke nukem till 3 in the morning. My point is, there are big families out there and they invite friends as well to play. If they share 1 or 2 pcs it takes time to switch each player on that computer but we have standards the family must live by.

You can play on the same world as each other so long as you follow these extra guidelines:

1) Do not log into each others accounts at <b>any</b> time. You cannot share accounts anyways but this is common amongst family/friends and will result in a ban on all accounts involved.

2) Do not conquer each other at any time.

3) Do not use any account to simply feed resources or help another player while doing nothing else in the world. Trading necessary resources in a pinch is fine but if one account is just being used for resources only for the other that is crossing the line.

BA has stuck to the guidelines i cannot punish them for that. I am sorry.


Or you could just use common sense and look beyond the possibilitys of '' What if '' theorys... Fact is a big family , all , playing battle dawn.. well, whatever you say... Perhaps if they uploaded a picture of them all holding a piece of paper with their names on it, all ten people, then you could start to believe it

_________________
Image

Image



Mandingo


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: This is a major issue in my eyes. Please read and address.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:58 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:04 pm
Posts: 271
Location: Behind you!
It is true that they have the same time to be active, and so can attack all of them at the same time. But also remember that that also means they will have the same sleep time.There will be a spot at the night in which none of them will be on, and it will be fairly easy to know this time, because they are a family. There is always a weakness to everything, and this gives you a sure "blank" moment, in which they will have absolutely no defense.

_________________
Image
Special thanks to Aister for the siggy!!!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: This is a major issue in my eyes. Please read and address.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:29 pm
Posts: 208
Gender: male
METALLICA3077 wrote:

Or you could just use common sense and look beyond the possibilitys of '' What if '' theorys... Fact is a big family , all , playing battle dawn.. well, whatever you say... Perhaps if they uploaded a picture of them all holding a piece of paper with their names on it, all ten people, then you could start to believe it


Who says they havnt.... They proved it trust me... doesnt mean they want everyone in the world to know there identity

_________________
----------------------------------------------------------
Admin joe - Earth 2, Earth 5 solo, Mars 3, Fantasy 2, Fantasy 3, Galaxy 2


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: This is a major issue in my eyes. Please read and address.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:34 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8023
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
I'm sure that everyone who use the same computer as the other all have to prove that they are not farming and the likes. And I'm sure that admins are watching their every steps to make sure that they're not against the rules. So don't worry about that ;)

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: This is a major issue in my eyes. Please read and address.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:16 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 pm
Posts: 1109
Lol, I find it a little funny that some people are making an issue out of this. Does anyone else play with friends on BD and then whenever you need to coordinate an attack you call them up and have them get on to attack with you. I was In a 5 person alliance that was just like that. We'd coordinate and stagger when we were online so we'd almost always have someone online. We were unstoppable untill we just got over powered as we were only 5 ppl. It was fun but my point is that people can all be on at the same time without automatically being cheaters. I have some friends at school who want me to be in an alliance with all of them so I can help teach them how to play the game. We all game in the computer lab every day at school and so now you are going to tell me that we'd be cheating since we'd be using the same IP while being in the same alliance? No, trust your admins, they are excellent at rooting out cheaters, joe's a smart guy. If your being beat by someone who's being more active then you, then you need to sit down and brainstorm ways to get yourselves more active like using skype for example.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: This is a major issue in my eyes. Please read and address.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:47 pm
Posts: 2419
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: male
It has been common practice for admins to allow families to play if they can prove that they have both the facilities to back up their claim, as well as show the admins a face for each user name.

The stipulations are:

  • BattleDawn must be clear on as many monitors as possible in larger cases to show that there is indeed a LAN at that location to support the claim as such. In cases with 2-3 players max, just seeing BD on the monitor usually suffices.

  • EVERY face which has a corresponding user name in-game must appear in the shot. For respect of privacy, we do not ask for your real names. Whether or not you want to give them is up to you. It is not required.

Some players have taken video in the past to sort of 'show us around' their LAN. This is also very effective in proving your case and preventing unjust bans. (please note that I say unjust in the sense that you may be legit, but still get banned. As an admin, without proof to show that you are indeed legit, it is often better safe than sorry.)


I have seen some situations with office LANs and even home LANs where there are a rather large group of people. Some examples would be that I know a Rabbi which runs a community recreational center that currently plays BD and has his group play as well when they can.

Another example would be a LAN cafe owner who loves BD. I also know of several groups of office workers whom have played and are playing in different incidents. Should these people really be punished just for playing on a LAN? No. They still cannot conquer each-other or OP farm for each-other. This is a given.

This is a difficult area to walk in because you do not want to punish legit players, but you also do not want to allow account sharing. With incidents like this it becomes much more hard to prove, but the overall impression I get from the community as a whole is that they would like us to not punish unjustly in these cases. The hard part is proving or disproving the case.

On the part of the player, it covers their claims if they can use photos to show us the LAN and the faces = usernames. I think Joe is suggesting that they have done this, and proven their claims.


_________________
Battle Dawn Staff
Community Management Specialist
Technical Support
World Administrator
Music Composer

Welcome to the best free multiplayer war strategy game on the web!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: This is a major issue in my eyes. Please read and address.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:09 am 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 56
Admin Joe wrote:
METALLICA3077 wrote:

Or you could just use common sense and look beyond the possibilitys of '' What if '' theorys... Fact is a big family , all , playing battle dawn.. well, whatever you say... Perhaps if they uploaded a picture of them all holding a piece of paper with their names on it, all ten people, then you could start to believe it


Who says they havnt.... They proved it trust me... doesnt mean they want everyone in the world to know there identity



Well if they have its fine then ! Happy gaming

_________________
Image

Image



Mandingo


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl