It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: The new donations
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:21 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Andrew wrote:
FYI that the cost/benefit of each boost is likely to change several times during this first round. We will be doubling the current metal/oil boosts to 50% and 100% for the small/heavy boost and will most likely implement a cooldown time on virtually all supporter options with a few exceptions such as the instantly build all buildings. With a brand new supporting system and pricelist in place it will take some time to find a balance that gives our supporters a nice bonus for keeping the lights on at BD Headquarters without giving them too much advantage over average users.

Our goal is to also make supporting attractive at any point in the round without overpowering it at any point which is why it is linked to a dynamic and up to the minute world economy. That was one of the problems with the old client/supporting system, the supporting options were only really attractive for the first week or two of gameplay and after that weren't anywhere near as valuable. Also supporters were able to gain quite an unfair advantage, especially in the first week or two of a round, by purchasing the smaller bronze/silver packages repeatedly and no one(The staff included) wants someone to be able to buy a significantly unfair advantage over other players, paying or non-paying alike. It simply isn't good business sense to give enjoyment to one person at the cost of several others because we want all players to enjoy the game without having too large a distinction between supporters & non-supporters power and this will help lead us to our goal of 100,000 users.

In the future we plan to implement more supporter options that are cosmetic(nifty new colony models is one idea), conveniences/organization(Custom message folders, export all battle reports), notifications(Emails/SMS(Text) messages when your colony is under attack) and maybe even playing BD from your PDA/iPhone(We are looking at options of doing this in the future)! With our new fancy client we finally will have a system capable of implementing these kind of neat new-age features and once this new client is completely stable and things are running smoothly we can start focusing on developing these new and exciting features as well as new skins such as the long awaited Fantasy world!

This is going to be an interesting year for Battle Dawn so stay tuned! :D

*phew* sorry for the long post there guys, just got a little overexcited :lol:

-Andrew

Yes, I was told the prices or costs of packages would be changing. now I just need to find an E3 or 7 alliance so I can test it out.

Andrew wrote:
Every little bit helps us keep the lights on, coding in the dark is bad for your eyes! :shock:

-Andrew

If we still had karma, Id give you +1.

By the way while I have 2 admins here ill ask... are ALL worlds on the new client going to be double speed? :o

Post subject: Re: The new donations
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:27 am 
Captain
Captain

Yes, however the squads and other aspects of the game have mostly been doubled to compensate so in essence the speed of the game is the same as an old client 60 minute tick world but resources come in at twice the rate. The minimum attack time in the new client is 3hrs, the same as in the old client. This was brought about to bring more action to the game by increasing game speed without making insomniacs like those in double tick worlds on the old client ;).

-Andrew

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5