It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch notes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:47 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:53 am
Posts: 521
Gender: male
I have a few questions first of all why is it that you cant buy resistance kits in the shop, were they taken out of the game?

And why is the matchmaking cap at lvl 20? i thought it would be something like 10.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch notes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:54 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1930
Location: England
Gender: male
jonesm wrote:
I have a few questions first of all why is it that you cant buy resistance kits in the shop, were they taken out of the game?

And why is the matchmaking cap at lvl 20? i thought it would be something like 10.


Resistance kits are now rare items. Only way to get them is to buy item boxes.

The second one I'm not so sure on. I know it's to stop noob bashing however I don't see why it is set so high.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch notes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:02 pm
Posts: 1770
Gender: female
Okay...

for now, we did 2 small fixes:

1. Heat shield
The damage absorption has decreased. For example the epic heat shield level 5 has now a total absorption of 59% instead the 85% that it was before

2. Newbie level cap
Instead of 20, its now starting at level 15

We are working hard on other tweaks to have it more balanced... Stay tuned!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch notes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:58 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 1183
Ilona wrote:
Okay...

for now, we did 2 small fixes:

1. Heat shield
The damage absorption has decreased. For example the epic heat shield level 5 has now a total absorption of 59% instead the 85% that it was before

2. Newbie level cap
Instead of 20, its now starting at level 15

We are working hard on other tweaks to have it more balanced... Stay tuned!


I dont understand why the shields absorb more as they have higher levels. Maybe the two shields should have weaknesses. Like explosive damage is only covered at 20% and for Energy shields energy damage is only covered at 20-25%

_________________
BoS (E4) NUKE (Fantasy)
Image

Retired NEWS Reporter.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch notes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:10 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1930
Location: England
Gender: male
Slinkybd wrote:
I dont understand why the shields absorb more as they have higher levels. Maybe the two shields should have weaknesses. Like explosive damage is only covered at 20% and for Energy shields energy damage is only covered at 20-25%


They already have a weakness. Explosive damage adds more heat to a heat shield so you can bring it down quicker. Electrical damage depletes energy shields quicker :)

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch notes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:54 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:41 pm
Posts: 451
Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
Gender: male
Slinkybd wrote:
Ilona wrote:
Okay...

for now, we did 2 small fixes:

1. Heat shield
The damage absorption has decreased. For example the epic heat shield level 5 has now a total absorption of 59% instead the 85% that it was before

2. Newbie level cap
Instead of 20, its now starting at level 15

We are working hard on other tweaks to have it more balanced... Stay tuned!


I dont understand why the shields absorb more as they have higher levels. Maybe the two shields should have weaknesses. Like explosive damage is only covered at 20% and for Energy shields energy damage is only covered at 20-25%

I dunno if any specific weakness will be added but I know that they are weaker than before, both shields' damage abrosption rate(NOT PERCENT) is halved, meaning it takes double the heat or double the energy to block damage than it did before,
Also, like it was before, electrical weapons deal energy damage and explosive weapons deal heat damage, further reducing the effectiveness of the shield.

_________________
Add me on 6918106 if you want to challenge me, I'll gladly accept it.
I'm also recording some good battles of Supermechs, if you want to watch them, click here :)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming patch notes
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:23 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:03 am
Posts: 232
Location: In the middle of nowhere, next to nothing.
Gender: male
MrOneTwoo wrote:
... and a strong shield is a huge advantage.

The idea of the updates are to remove any huge advantages/disadvantages in the game.

Also, weaker shields = more damage dealt = shorter battles.
I prefer shorter (15 turns) battles over long (60 turns) battles though.

--
Aeacus

_________________
Long live death, long live war, long live the cursed mercenary!


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl